RANT: Dirty Gear
Apr 11, 2007 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

swmtnbiker

Previously known as dpippel
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit on the anal side when it comes to cleanliness, and after perusing the FS forums here at Head-Fi tonight I have but one thing to say:

CLEAN YOUR FREAKIN' GEAR!!!

That's all.

icon10.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 19
img_0998-crop-shrink.jpg

What? That's not clean enough for you?!

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're lucky if the phones you buy on the FS forum hasn't touched someone's crouch region or been worn as man-bras...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
img_0998-crop-shrink.jpg

Are those Koss?

I'm a neat freak trying to get over it, germiphobe too but not a nut. I just sold some cans and not that they were dirty(hardly used really) but they were cleaned from plug to pads.

Buying some smokey cans would be nasty to me. It seems that the smoker issue would be second to general condition.

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're lucky if the phones you buy on the FS forum hasn't touched someone's crouch region or been worn as man-bras...
evil_smiley.gif

Hey, let's not bring nikongod into this one, OK?
blink.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Poor quality lighting, which is common in for-sale photos, can cause even clean gear to look filthy. But yeah, if the gear is dirty for real - that's disgusing.

It's not poor quality lighting - it's the fact that flash photography is COMPLETELY unforgiving when it comes to dust and dirt. But be that as it may, I'm talkin' dust that has *months* worth of fingerprints in it. OLD dust. Dust that has seen generations of dust mites. Whole EMPIRES of dust mites. That's just plain dirty, and there's no way to rationalize it.

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are those Koss?

I'm a neat freak trying to get over it, germiphobe too but not a nut. I just sold some cans and not that they were dirty(hardly used really) but they were cleaned from plug to pads.

Yup, ESP-9 'stats that i bought from someone as-is "they might work" for $28 on ebay.

They sorta work. I think the energizer is messed up. You wouldn't recognize 'em, I cleaned them up quite a bit.

Quote:

Buying some smokey cans would be nasty to me. It seems that the smoker issue would be second to general condition.

Oh, you have no idea. I bought some HD-25sp's from some DJ last week. Chain smoker who never showers, near as i can tell. Guy had attempted to fix a break in the cable with concentric layers of bubblegum and electrical tape. First time i ever reached for the lysol as the first line of attack on used 'phone cleaning.

Apr 11, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn neat freaks. I always give my cans a good swoosh through the cats littler box before sending them out. Don't panic, It's organic odorless stuff, not that Jonny cat rubbish
biggrin.gif

This is exactly the kind of rubbish I'd expect from someone who uses "smeggy" as a username.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #15 of 19
Oh yeah, I'm 100% with you.
I'm a freak when it comes to keeping my apartment & gear (ESPECIALLY my gear ^^) clean and in minty shape. You could perform surgery at my place, it's that clean. Well, almost.
Haha, I actually had a party a few years back and some acquaintances dropped by and after a few beers they said jokingly that they were sure I was a serial killer of some sort, cause "no one keeps their place that clean".
I took that as a compliment.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back