Ranko Acoustics RIE 1020 iem
Jul 14, 2013 at 5:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cotnijoe

Sponsor: iFi Audio
Formerly with Unique Melody
Hey guys! I recently got a chance to try the Ranko RIE 1020, an iem priced aroud 1300 USD. The iems are fairly new, released in late 2012. Although all i had with me at the moment was my iphone 4s as a source, the iems sounded gorgeous to me with a wonderful signature that ive come to adore within just a few minutes of listening.

It doesnt seem like there has been many owners of these iems since its release and also very few people that know of the company itself as i cant find any threads on head fi about it. The company is based in New York but seems to sell mostly to asia.

I was wonderin if anyone has had any experience with these little gems that could give me more info on them.

Heres a link: http://rankoaudio.com/Speaker/166.htm

The person behind the company seems to be asian, so the english is really quite awful

Also, these are similar to those universal ciems and iconsists of dual BA with a vented dynamic driver for its bass.

Any knowledge or info is greatly appreciated!

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 5
If this company isn't a scam, it looks like a rebadged Tralucent Audio 1plus2. Down to the impedance sensitivity and schematics. Unless this was the original, DumDum Dum.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623514/tralucent-audio-1plus2-iem-appreciation-impressions-thread

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 5
From what ive heard this company seems to have connections in the production or release of the 1plus2. As thomas says they are the 1plus2 with less bass. Seems interesting to me. Wish i knew more

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
  If this company isn't a scam, it looks like a rebadged Tralucent Audio 1plus2. Down to the impedance sensitivity and schematics. Unless this was the original, DumDum Dum.

You should read this.
normal_smile .gif
  BTW, Ranko used to be a true blue American company, but died somewhere along the way, and I assume the folks in China snatched up the rights to the name some time ago. Tralucent is a Ranko partner. AFAIK, the 1Plus2 is a more souped up version of the RIE-1020. I've heard both, but not at the same time. From memory, the thing that separates the 1Plus2 from the RIE-1020 is the tightness and extension in the bass. Not sure about the top end, don't remember enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back