1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rank These Headphones (for a Metal listener)?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by meetmyarsenal, Jan 4, 2013.
  1. MEETmyARSENAL
    Hi,

Grado SR80i
    V-MODA M80
    Sennheiser HD598

...and any other very good headphones for metal under $250? 

Thanks so much.

2. mata944
    I don't think the hd598 would be good for metal as they don't have a lot of bass that will make metal music fun.  Based off some reviews, I'm sure the V-modas will impress you.
    You could try some Beyerdynamic DT880/DT990.  The DT990s have good bass and "sparkly" treble.

Hope this helps.

3. obobskivich
    If you can go up to $250, why are the Grado SR-225 not on the list? That'd be my suggestion anyways. Or the Ultrasone HFI-2400. Very different presentations, so pick the one that will better suit you and your tastes.

4. marts30
    sr60 with bowl pads and be done with it. I've owned all the grado's up to RS1 and the Alessandro's, and currently own the MS2 and Magnum v4, but for the price it's a no brainer. I still use the sr60.

5. GREQ
    Quote:
    And some modified vented ports for good measure.

6. cel4145

I agree. The SR225i are excellent for metal.

I have not heard the HFI-2400, so I cannot compare them. I have the Ultrasone HFI-780, and greatly prefer the SR225i over the 780s for all kinds of rock (metal included).

7. obobskivich
    And I haven't heard the HFI-780 so I can't really comment there, but I will say that the 2400 are fantastic with darker/grungier sounds, and have a sense of space that the Grados cannot match. Both are good, but as I said, fairly different.

8. mastershake2393
    SR-80i all the way.

It was my go-to can for metal. Plus, it has 1/8 termination, which means it doesn't need an adapter (like the SR-225i need).