10. 7hz Timeless

Others I've tried:
Moondrop Aria
Tin Hifi T2/T4
Etymotic ER2SE
JVC FDX
This looks very very close to my list :wink:

May 12, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #4,022 of 5,126
The balanced / W-shaped tuning on Indigo is something that I ended up favoring for the portion of my music library that isn't electronic music. Around the time I got Indigo, I was using EXT for a lot of that kind of music (non-electronic) in my library but the U-shaped signature of EXT got annoying over time. I'd rather have the midrange, especially vocals, to be more forward than how EXT presents it. Having a recessed midrange in the form of a V or U-shaped signature is fine for the portion of my library that is electronic music though, which is pretty much all I use EXT for these days when I take a break from XE6. Also, I find Indigo's technicalities to be better than EXT in some areas, such as separation, layering, and imaging.
Thanks for the detailed response

Would you say the Xenon 6 and Indigo are similar? Just the 6 is a step or 2 up?

May 13, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #4,023 of 5,126
Thanks for the detailed response

Would you say the Xenon 6 and Indigo are similar? Just the 6 is a step or 2 up?

XE6 is definitely different than Indigo.

XE6 is:

- Much warmer, big bodied sound.
- Much more lower mids presence, which helps contribute to the first point above.
- More dynamic.
- Wider soundstage, sounding quite more open in general, spherical. Indigo’s soundstage is smaller, basically in the head imaging for me, but also very good if you like a more intimate presentation because of the smaller sphere.
- Less “correct“ timbre than Indigo.
- More impactful bass and overall more bassy than Indigo. Indigo is fairly balanced between sub and mid bass, whereas XE6 sounds more mid bass dominant. XE6 bass is more textured, airy, and is of an overall higher quality than Indigo’s bass.
- Midrange is less forward in the mix.
- Treble is more extended and more refined to me than Indigo treble which can be a bit coarse. With that said, I think them Indigo treble tends to have a bit more presence within its tuning when compared with XE6.

In general, these are two differently tuned IEMs.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #4,024 of 5,126
XE6 is definitely different than Indigo.

XE6 is:

- Much warmer, big bodied sound.
- Much more lower mids presence, which helps contribute to the first point above.
- More dynamic.
- Wider soundstage, sounding quite more open in general, spherical. Indigo’s soundstage is smaller, basically in the head imaging for me, but also very good if you like a more intimate presentation because of the smaller sphere.
- Less “correct“ timbre than Indigo.
- More impactful bass and overall more bassy than Indigo. Indigo is fairly balanced between sub and mid bass, whereas XE6 sounds more mid bass dominant. XE6 bass is more textured, airy, and is of an overall higher quality than Indigo’s bass.
- Midrange is less forward in the mix.
- Treble is more extended and more refined to me than Indigo treble which can be a bit coarse. With that said, I think them Indigo treble tends to have a bit more presence within its tuning when compared with XE6.

In general, these are two differently tuned IEMs.
Just purchased an Indigo from the classifieds. Hoping the changes are indeed exactly what I would have fixed on my Mk2.

May 25, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #4,027 of 5,126
Latest ranking list with Fir KR5 & NE4 added. Also ranking Aroma Jewel as my top IEM.

Ranks.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #4,032 of 5,126
I still think you need a personal bias factor in the spreadsheet!
I tried that but it didn’t really work. Same as the “dynamics” column because it doesn’t make sense to try and score something that I haven’t heard in ages.

The whole thing is biased anyway so I don’t think it matters too much 🤭 it’s only relevant to people that have similar music taste + source gear.
U12t forth 🤢😂
You know it’s the true 🐐😎😎

May 29, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #4,033 of 5,126
Oh for sure, I mean I wouldn’t recommend the Traillii to someone that listens to primarily rap. It doesn’t have the bass quantity or the decay for rap music (I personally think rap benefits from a an elevated bass but slower drawn out decay like the Legend X over something like the Traillii)

For some people it’s a chase and hype thing, not all of us though. It’s usually apparent when someone is falling into the hype of their own purchase.
Mest mk2 is great for rap/hip hop too imho.

May 29, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #4,034 of 5,126
My current top 10 IEMs:

1. Unique Melody Red Halo FE
2. Aroma Jewel
3. Elysian Annihilator
4. Vision Ears EXT
5. Empire Ears Legend EVO
6. Empire Ears Odin
7. Oriolus Traillii
8. Unique Melody MEST Indigo
9. Sony IER-Z1R
10. Empire Ears Legend X (custom)