Rank the IEM's you've heard
Apr 12, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #2,296 of 5,094
Thanks for posting on the last page Tristy and many others here. I have to hear more iems. I do n9t know about others, reading the thread now, but the Campfire Audio Solaris is fairly fabulous. If you have a good fit that full range diamond driver + BAs' beyond the 4khz mark is remarkable.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #2,297 of 5,094
1. JH3A + JH16A (these are my most enjoyable small headphones, but so clumsy to use)
2. MW07 first gen (bass compariable to my Audeze's)
3. Klipsch X20i (was good at the time)
3. Focal Sphear Wireless
4. Nuforce HEM2 (these are great for less than 50 bucks i got)
5. Sennheiser CX Sport Wireless (ok headphones, got it for 40 bucks)
6. Nufoce BE6i
7. Grado GR10

i had a few other ones like monster turbine pro and Miles Davis. those are much better than any on ear beats i heard.

About the grado gr10, it's soooo piercing to my ear it hurts with every song, luckily the shop sent the gr10 not the 10e which i ordered and i returned it got refund. seriously that is not what any song should have sounded. HD800 silver one compare to that is like tube warm sound lol. later i got a grado gh2 limited edition to give the brand another shot. for the money it's not even half as good as any any audeze headphone, heck even the audeze mobius sounds 10 times better. the koss porta pro sounds much better than the GH2. i have yet to try campfire and some other fancy brands. but that JH16A was a good pick up. the ear tip is very tiny and i put on a rubber ear tip and then fits my ear perfectly and seals perfect and i get the intended sound.

the on i use the most is MW07. even with the short battery life, it is the most comfortable and best sound for the price. i got everything store demo or used at a great deal lol. don't buy new these days for audio stuff. the HEM2 definitely qualify for the hi res sticker. really really good value if you can find for 50 bucks. there are some on ebay for 40 something USD i think which is great. If there is a store demo deal on the MW07 second gen i would buy it right away.

i looked around i have like more than 10 headphones. these are result of many years of playing this hobby. i probably get rid of the cx sport and focal sphear next.

Apr 19, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #2,299 of 5,094
Aune E1 (These are really amazing in sound and value, no idea why they're not popular worldwide)>Yamaha EPH100>Periodic Beryllium>Final E3000>RHA T20>Dunu Tian 6>TDK IE800

Heard good things about the Aune E1 and they do come with a beryllium driver... Saw this on ebay:

s-l1600.png

Apr 20, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #2,300 of 5,094
My personal list ranked by which one would be my daily driver (so comfort etc taken into the mix).

1. Technics EAH-Tz700 (daily driver, comfortable, decent isolation, great sound)
2. Campfire Andromeda (not overly comfortable for me, happy with sound though I prefer DD or Planar bass)
3. Audeze LCD-i4 (no isolation and requires EQ to sound great but when EQ'd or cypher they really do sound great)
4. Xelento (Driver flex is too hot to handle for my OCD)
5. Shure SE846 (Overall decent sound but prefer the others above and shell slightly too bulbous for my personal ear anatomy to be comfortable over long periods of time)

Apr 21, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #2,302 of 5,094
The Vision Ears Erlkönig is better than just about anything else I've heard, and by no small margin.

Vision Ears Erlkönig
Vision Ears Elysium
64 Audio U/A18t
Fir Audio M5
Empire Ears Legend X
64 Audio U/A12t
Noble Audio K10

Not a comprehensive list, but what I have heard and personally feel is worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #2,304 of 5,094
The Vision Ears Erlkönig is better than just about anything else I've heard, and by no small margin.

Vision Ears Erlkönig
Vision Ears Elysium
64 Audio U/A18t
Fir Audio M5
Empire Ears Legend X
64 Audio U/A12t
Noble Audio K10

Not a comprehensive list, but what I have heard and personally feel is worth mentioning.
Wow, could buy a decent car when the price of all those IEM's are totalled!

Apr 21, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #2,305 of 5,094
The Elysium is the one I can't go without yeah. The midrange in combination with that treble extension and sparkle is out of this world... haven't heard anything like it on any other IEM,speaker or headphone. Couple that with really good imaging/soundstage depth, separation and detail retrieval and you have yourself a winner.

The Noir is an objectively better all rounder - the Elysium has a pretty specific focus on the midrange that has been taken to an extreme. The whole presentation of the music is somehow focused on making the midrange sound better and better

In general, the Noir performs everything extremely well, with tons of detail and technicality. In a lot of ways it sounds like a pair of speakers inserted in your ears as opposed to a classic IEM. It is also somewhat harsher than the original Fourte and more revealing of recording flaws etc, which I find to be a distinct advantage as it makes the music have more soul. I know its price is brutal, but I think it is one hell of an engineering accomplishment creating an IEM like that, and ultimately, no other IEM that I've heard makes for that good of an all rounder.

I might eventually write up a review of the Noir as I think it's an IEM that went somewhat unnoticed due to the general community criticisms of its price point

Hey @mvvRAZ sorry to quote such an old post! But I’m curious to know if your thoughts on the Fourte Noir are still the same and how you would compare it to the Z1R?

Apr 21, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #2,306 of 5,094
Hey @mvvRAZ sorry to quote such an old post! But I’m curious to know if your thoughts on the Fourte Noir are still the same and how you would compare it to the Z1R?
Course, no problem :)

I ended up selling the Fourte Noir as I have done with all 64 universals because they simply do not fit my ear shape at all. I do think still it's a really really good IEM, and a very technical one as well, but it lacks the weirdness that makes the Fourte the Fourte. I've said this in the 64 thread but I feel like the Noir is a Trio upgrade more so than a Fourte upgrade personally. It's also a 10/10 for looks - the full black shell makes for a gorgeous IEM. Honestly I do kind of miss mine

Now if I am to also consider it's price tag of 3800$.... I don't know if I can really recommend it. The trio goes for 1500$ and it's not THAT much worse, while the universal Ely was just released at 2500 euros and it remains the more unique of the two. Also depending on what source you match it with you can get more bass out of it and have it approach a flatter, more reference presentation. I think the best comparison for the Fourte Noir would be the Erlkonig - they're both priced way above the rest of the market, they both make for excellent all-rounders, but if I had to go with one or the other I'd still probably pick the Erl. It is an awesome IEM, but I'm not exactly sure what its spot in the market is.

Also if you consider the new A18s, I think that has the speaker-like presentation of the Noir, with better tonal balance and similarly exaggerated technicalities

The Z1R definitely has better treble... but it has better treble than everything and anything I've heard at any price point, including full sized headphones. The bass has a slower, somewhat more pleasant decay and the midrange is less in quantity but also has better texture. I think it's one of the most capable IEMs out there at the moment, and the only potential issues you could have with it are the fit and your treble sensitivity. Would definitely recommend it though. and I'd also recommend it over the Noir.

Apr 21, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #2,307 of 5,094
Course, no problem :)

I ended up selling the Fourte Noir as I have done with all 64 universals because they simply do not fit my ear shape at all. I do think still it's a really really good IEM, and a very technical one as well, but it lacks the weirdness that makes the Fourte the Fourte. I've said this in the 64 thread but I feel like the Noir is a Trio upgrade more so than a Fourte upgrade personally. It's also a 10/10 for looks - the full black shell makes for a gorgeous IEM. Honestly I do kind of miss mine

Now if I am to also consider it's price tag of 3800$.... I don't know if I can really recommend it. The trio goes for 1500$ and it's not THAT much worse, while the universal Ely was just released at 2500 euros and it remains the more unique of the two. Also depending on what source you match it with you can get more bass out of it and have it approach a flatter, more reference presentation. I think the best comparison for the Fourte Noir would be the Erlkonig - they're both priced way above the rest of the market, they both make for excellent all-rounders, but if I had to go with one or the other I'd still probably pick the Erl. It is an awesome IEM, but I'm not exactly sure what its spot in the market is.

Also if you consider the new A18s, I think that has the speaker-like presentation of the Noir, with better tonal balance and similarly exaggerated technicalities

The Z1R definitely has better treble... but it has better treble than everything and anything I've heard at any price point, including full sized headphones. The bass has a slower, somewhat more pleasant decay and the midrange is less in quantity but also has better texture. I think it's one of the most capable IEMs out there at the moment, and the only potential issues you could have with it are the fit and your treble sensitivity. Would definitely recommend it though. and I'd also recommend it over the Noir.

Thanks man! That’s super helpful :)

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #2,309 of 5,094
Have any comments about isine 10 vs isine 20?
Just got my isine 10 today, about 20 mins in. Holy shhh. The soundstage is huuuge. From what Ive listened to so far I say the image can travel 5-6 foot(these are in my head calcs) to the sides, so far Im getting 4 foot forward, 3 foot back, 2-3 feet above my head. (Binaural recordings) ymmv. The mids/vocals are simply wonderful. Treble and bass are I dont know how to say it except accurate, while still being fun. Bass can slam (I mean feel it), rumble, or be tight confined and prim. Treble can range sparkle, so far screechy tracks I have are more refined. Comfort is excellent. Build quality on the outside seems also excellent. Audeze is really winning me over.
Oh yes! Planars I can lay down and listen to!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #2,310 of 5,094
Just got my isine 10 today, about 20 mins in. Holy shhh. The soundstage is huuuge. The mids/vocals are simply wonderful. Treble and bass are I dont know how to say it except accurate, while still being fun. Comfort is excellent. Build quality on the outside seems also excellent. Audeze is really winning me over.

You'll be on the lcdi4 bandwagon in no time :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back