1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rank the IEM's you've heard

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. Bina
    So we can say, you have very uncommon taste for headphones. That's ok, it is just your point of view.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
  2. tstarn06
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Well, I may be wrong of course, or maybe ES3X just needs better sources to shine, but when plugging both into what I have, I find RE0 more tonally balanced and equally, if not better detailed. RE0 may not reach as deep in the bass, but it has a more naturally sounding bass in my opinion, with more impact. ES3X sounds dry and a bit unnatural by comparison. Also, I find that ES3X really needs help to bring out dynamics in the music. With my Sony walkman, I had to turn the dynamic normalizer on to make them sound sufficiently dynamic for my tastes. RE0 sound more dynamic out of any source. As for SE530, I think it totally blows away ES3X in dynamics.

BTW, that's why I returned my ES3X a few days ago. Luckily, got most of my money back (~92%). Gotta update my sig.

Hey, let your ears be your guide. I am currently in love with a $14 pair of im616s that I have paired with my UM56s custom sleeves and the Sony A818 (using Clear Bass EQ). I can't believe how good this setup sounds to me. I am starting to gravitate towards it the majority of time, in fact. Scary, considering I have the UM3X here, and while I do like them, the Ety drivers in the 616s have got me dazzled. And I owned the ER4P at one point in the past.

So I understand, believe me.

Sorry, back to topic.

3. hockeyb213 Contributor
    w3's < se530's < tf10 < ie8 < jh-13 pro

4. fatko
    ER4BPS>UM3x>UM2>SF5PRO>CX500>UM1>SF3>E2C

5. jamato8 Contributor
    Jh13 Pros. . . . is there anything else?

:^)

I have others but to be honest I don't enjoy them so for me I rank the 13's and then whatever else I have. I know there are a number of good IEM's. I wonder what will be next. I would like an IEM with the more open sound of an open headphone. I think this is also possible. Now for the wait.

6. tstarn06
    Apparently so.

7. TopPop
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Apparently so.

Blasphemy.

8. tstarn06
    Well, not everyone is going to spend $1,000+ on IEMs is what I meant.

9. Pianist
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Jh13 Pros. . . . is there anything else?

:^)

I have others but to be honest I don't enjoy them so for me I rank the 13's and then whatever else I have. I know there are a number of good IEM's. I wonder what will be next. I would like an IEM with the more open sound of an open headphone. I think this is also possible. Now for the wait.

I thought JH13 is perfection, no? After all, what can be more fun for your ears than aural sex? [​IMG]

10. jamato8 Contributor
    Well we don't want to derail this thread as it is a survey but yes, to me, they are near perfection with little to fault.

11. LeonWho
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hey, let your ears be your guide. I am currently in love with a $14 pair of im616s that I have paired with my UM56s custom sleeves and the Sony A818 (using Clear Bass EQ). I can't believe how good this setup sounds to me. I am starting to gravitate towards it the majority of time, in fact. Scary, considering I have the UM3X here, and while I do like them, the Ety drivers in the 616s have got me dazzled. And I owned the ER4P at one point in the past.

So I understand, believe me.

Sorry, back to topic.

I'm having a similar experience with the Meelectronics M9 with Head-Direct's large biflanges.

These take precedence over my ES7s now. [​IMG]

12. estreeter
    1. MDR-EX55SL
    2. RE0 - maybe I never got the right fit with these, but they were not the giant killer I'd been led to expect.

13. tstarn06
    Interesting, because they sound so tempting. But fit, as we know, is critical. If the fit is wrong, no one else's experience/review matters. I've been on both sides of that equation.

14. Hentai11
    RE0 > SE530 > Atrio M5 > UE TF10 > Altec Backbeat 326 > RE2 > Ety ER6i > NE-6 = UE SF5EB > Denon C551 > SF5vi = Klipsch Custom 2 > CX500

15. ricthaman
    Triple.fi 10 > SE530 > ATRIO m5 > Monster Turbine = UE 700 > SE420 > UE Super.fi 5 = ADDIEM > UE super.fi 4 > SE110 > V-moda vibe 1st gen > CX400 > UE Metro.fi 170 > Sony MDR-EX71 > CX300

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last