1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rank the IEM's you've heard

First

Back
134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143
145 146 147 148 149
Next

Last
  1. warriorpoet
    Pretty major dif around 8k, but the rest is close. You might hear that as "sparkle" in the end.

2. cr3ativ3
    If you say so :) how long did you demo lx ? How much tracks did you compare ? I own lx now over a year .. had the atlas on loan for a month .. I’m pretty sure it’s superior :p

3. Rockwell75
    I'm not denying that it's superior, but to me it might not be worth the extra money.

4. cr3ativ3
    Yeah that’s a thing everyone has to decide for himself .. worth and value are 2 different things :) but if see it like this way is a 2k iem really “worth” it’s price compared to some good chifi for 10 times less the price ?
    If you want to edge out the last possible % of quality .. you have to pay for it :frowning2:

baskingshark likes this.
  5. mvvRAZ
    Ehhh tbh between 10$ ChiFi and the majority of 2k IEMs it isn’t a matter of that last % hehe, it’s a completely different sound experience

6. cr3ativ3
    Yes sure :D I meant as example the dm6 200$ to a 2k iem . Sure the 2k iem is better superior and everything but “worth” 10 times the money ? :wink:

7. mvvRAZ
    Ah ok gotcha

Well "worth" is as subjective as it gets. A good 2k IEM that I enjoy listening to will most certainly get at least 10x more listening time than a 200$ IEM given my use case. Same goes for enjoyment, and it will usually take more than 10 times as much listening for me to get bored of it and sell it.

Performance-wise, you always have diminishing returns, as in just about anything and everything. It's just a matter of whether you prioritise price to performance or performance alone

geardoc likes this.
  8. cr3ativ3
    For me it’s the same . :wink:

mvvRAZ likes this.
  9. mvvRAZ
    High quality gear and audio would get priority for me over all of those "basic luxuries"

If I was more budget constrained I'd still own my Elysium rather than a TV for example, the SP1000M and get a more basic PC etc etc. Audio gear would be the last place I make budget cuts if push comes to shove

Sure, I probably would own just the Elysium, the 1000M and a cable, but whatever needs to be a sacrificed to get that setup will be sacrificed :D

szore and cr3ativ3 like this.
  10. cr3ativ3
    you are addicted.. like me :D

mvvRAZ likes this.
  11. mvvRAZ
    Undeniably so.

Like I can watch TV on a mediocre TV set, and I wouldn't bat an eye

I can get some slow and shitty mobile phone and still couldn't care less

My laptop's battery doesn't last more than half an hour? kk move on please

No money for a weekend trip? Pls I didn't feel like going anyways leave me alone

There's some sparkle missing from my treble or there's an instrument getting lost in the music? I'm there ****ing fuming

ecodr, Aslshark, PistonsNguns and 3 others like this.
  12. cr3ativ3
    so elysium is your no1 ? how´s the fourte noir ?

13. mvvRAZ
    The Elysium is the one I can't go without yeah. The midrange in combination with that treble extension and sparkle is out of this world... haven't heard anything like it on any other IEM,speaker or headphone. Couple that with really good imaging/soundstage depth, separation and detail retrieval and you have yourself a winner.

The Noir is an objectively better all rounder - the Elysium has a pretty specific focus on the midrange that has been taken to an extreme. The whole presentation of the music is somehow focused on making the midrange sound better and better

In general, the Noir performs everything extremely well, with tons of detail and technicality. In a lot of ways it sounds like a pair of speakers inserted in your ears as opposed to a classic IEM. It is also somewhat harsher than the original Fourte and more revealing of recording flaws etc, which I find to be a distinct advantage as it makes the music have more soul. I know its price is brutal, but I think it is one hell of an engineering accomplishment creating an IEM like that, and ultimately, no other IEM that I've heard makes for that good of an all rounder.

I might eventually write up a review of the Noir as I think it's an IEM that went somewhat unnoticed due to the general community criticisms of its price point

Aslshark and cr3ativ3 like this.
  14. cr3ativ3
    Thanks for this :)

mvvRAZ likes this.
  15. mvvRAZ
    My pleasure bud :)

First

Back
134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143
145 146 147 148 149
Next

Last