1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rank the IEM's you've heard

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. swbf2cheater
    Yep, they are more fun and engaging, to me, that means they are "better"  Apples and oranges type thing just with neutral and colored sound, i just happen to prefer apples :wink:

2. daveDerek Contributor
    jh-3a(game changer!)>>>>jh13/16>es5(so far only i have heard the universal version, it remains to be seen if the custom won't shake things up more)>>>>>>> everything else

3. Photofan1986

Quote:

Ok, back after a couple of weeks:

SM3>RE252>IE8>>>RE1>>SF3>MP21>SF5PRO>D-jays>EX082>>>>>EP630>>EX71
    So the SM3 take the pole position [​IMG]

4. Poltical Machine
    after reading all of this, my mind is really spinning. I have never really owned any high end iems yet...

x10 > e4c > um1 > m9 > e2c > ep-630 > zune premiums > mdr-ex71sl

5. lucozade
    This has come as a shock to me but the phone i have in my ears more than any other phone lately is the westone 3 .

6. mvw2
    My ranking.  This is based on preference in the sense that if I had one or the other and had to sell one, which would I keep.  As I step through my list of the IEM products I've used, this is the order preference for me.  I will note this is both a mix of SQ and enjoyment.  In the end I would have to live with the one I kept and had to let go of the other.  I will note that I have a good source, robust amp, and a highly capable EQ on tap, and some of the choice revolves around the flexibility I have and lack of limitation with the earphone.

RE252>CK10>Triple.Fi 10>UM3X>Custom 3>IE8>SE530>CK90Pro>ER4S>SA6>Eterna(v1)>PFE>C700>RE0>M9>Vibe>NE-7M

7. Anaxilus

Quote:

Its called hearing loss luco.  [​IMG]

8. TheMiddleSky
    My ranking, based on my preference only:

JH13 (Universal version)>Ortofon e-q7>Westone UM3x>Phonak PFE>Hifiman RE2>Hippo Shroom EB> Hippo VB> Hippo Pearl>Soundmagic PL11

9. lucozade

Quote:
    LOL, maybe but if that was the case i would most likely have my 420's in my ears and be blissfully unaware of the full frequency range that would be missing out  .

10. Inks
    lol that looks like ericp's ranking except the sm3>fx700

11. rskbug
    ^^ Nice to see the fx700 ahead @ eprevenge

12. Beyerfan70
    Way too many to mention, But my top 5 are from 5 to 1...
    5, Soundmagic Pl30.
    4, Shure Se420.
    3 Shure Se310.
    2 Panasonic Hje900.
    1 Etymotic Er4p (By some margin)

13. dweaver
    SM3 > MTPC > IE8 > MP4Nation M2 and then a whole bunch of others...

14. bada bing
    JH13 > SM3=e-Q7 > TF10 > CK10 >= ER4 > RE0 > SE530

Those are the ones I've spent time with. I've heard others briefly: most of the westone line, most of the Shure line, the RE262, REZero, the demo JH16 & JH3A, IE7 & 8.
    I'm probably out of the norm by liking the TF10 as much as I do and not liking the SE530 much at all. The only universal IEM I'm curious about at this point is the FX700.

The JH3a may be a game changer. I resisted the urge to get on the preorder list at CanJam because the amp/DSP design
    wasn't finallized. The demos at canjam appeared to best the "regular" JH13 by a comfortable margin, which is
    nearly unbelievable. I went to CanJam this year with the goal of validating some purchase decisions I was considering. Nothing
    I thought I wanted ended up being purchase worthy. I wasn't aware of the JH3a until I wondered through the JH room and came
    away wanting to hear a final retail version pretty badly. If the JH3a paradigm of digital source > tuned DSP+IEM takes hold in the industry,
    which it probably will, it is going to change the high end segment by a great deal and probably fairly rapidly.

15. daveDerek Contributor

Quote:
    i spoke with Jerry Harvey recently and what you heard there is what you'll get. the design hasn't changed (actually hopefully it sounds even better as a custom than a universal device :-> ). the device is a game changer, for sure.

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last