1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rank the IEM's you've heard

First

Back
107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116
118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127
Next

Last
  1. Incarnation
    Dats true..It was just right under my sibliance threshold for the A18, might be more comfortable if fully sealed. The U18 however....not sure why, got a better seal however it was harsher, got to acknowledge its a good iem tho but not to my preferred taste

2. HC21KING
    Hey do you know which one has wider soundstage, Audeze iSINE 20 or u18t? And how's your 64 Audio A12t soundstage compare to both?

3. eldss
    From memory, I think that is iSINE 20 AND U18t would be very close. Maybe the U18 are a bit wider. Compared to the A12t, the iSINE's are wider, but I would point out that the A12ts have better depth and I like the positioning of vocals better as well. People around here say their are more 3D sounding, but overall I can't see anyone being unhappy with the sound stage of any of these, unless you're comparing to full sized headphones.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  4. 12kurupt
    Looking for a little help and/or recommendations on a higher end iem pickup. I've been looking through this thread trying to find comparisons between the JH Angie II and Shure SE846. Those are the two iems I've got my eyes on. Trying to pick up something sub 1000$. The best iems I've owned are RE400/600s, Havi B3 Pro 1, Xiaomi Pistons 2.0/3.0, and 1more Triple Drivers. I own HD800S and Focal Clears and I'm looking for something along those 2 headphones, but in an iem. I'm definitely a fan of great mid-range and treble, imaging/soundstage, but am put off by too much bass. Mostly would use them at work through a Schiit Fulla 2 (not ideal, but it's what I got to work with). I'd love some input on some iems I should look into sub 1000$ in addition to the Angie II/SE846. I appreciate any recommendations and input. Sorry that this is a little off topic.

5. pali
    Have you looked at:
    1. If you can wait til Feb, Massdrop has Empire Ears Zeus at $999
    2. Campfire Andromedas
    3. Empire Ears ESR

6. 12kurupt
    I actually just noticed the Massdrop EE Zeus drop and have been looking through threads on the Andromeda vs Andromeda S. I'm leaning more towards the CA Andromedas just because I'd rather not wait until Feb to get the EE Zeus drop. Gonna dive into the differences and make a tough choice. So much info!

7. koven Contributor
    Here is my personal ranking.. Flamenco is my favorite by a decent margin. It is the best resolution and most coherent IEM I have tried. :)

Flamenco
    VE8
    CE-5
    U18t
    Andromeda
    U12t
    Trio
    Phantom
    K10
    Legend X
    Fourte
    W900
    IT04
    SE846

Arkady Duntov and proedros like this.
  8. ansonchc
    My personal preference so far:

UE 6 Pro > Fender FXA11 > FXA7 > Massdrop Universal IEM > Aurisonics Harmony > Aurisonics ASG2.0 > Fender TEN3 > THIRTEEN6 > Campfire Andromeda > Campfire Polaris > Fender Nine-1 > Nine > IM70 >SE215(Both normal and Special Edition) > Fender CXA1 > IM50 > UE900s

9. HC21KING
    I was at my local audio shop on Tuesday and compared my new sennheiser hd700 to other iems side by side. I've tried campfire atlas, andromeda, sennheiser ie800s, audeze lcdi4, and a JH iem. The only iem that has a chance with my sennheiser hd700 is the audeze LCDi4. Other iems wasn't even close in terms of soundstage. So if you do like soundstage, instrument separation you're not going to get it with 1000 dollar iem. The audeze lcdi4 was close to hd700s in terms of soundstage but my hd700s was a bit wider. I heard 64audio at18t is wider in soundstage than the audeze lcdi4 but I've never tried it before. My recommendation is dont waste your money on 1000 dollar iems and just get headphones or bose qc20 instead. And try the iems first before you purchase. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  10. proedros
    846 is the complete opposite , so cross it out of your list

just don't.

cheers

ezekiel77 likes this.
  11. HC21KING
    846 are terrible.

12. PointyFox
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought so.

The HD800S and Clear are probably in my top 7 or so favorite headphones. Of the headphones mentioned I really like the Andromeda (also top 7). I dislike the 846. Sounded very much like my ie80 but with less extended bass.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  13. HC21KING
    Hahaha I thought the same, I don't get why there's so many good reviews on amazon for that iem. Though I don't think the andromeda are even close to hd800s. The audeze lcdi4 were the only portable earphones that come close to my hd700s. Andromeda, atlas, ie800s were not even close to my hd700 in terms of soundstage.
    I'm thinking about returning my hd700 for hd800s or focal clear? I'm a big soundstage guy.

14. 12kurupt
    No way I can throw down that much $ to get the LCDi4. Pretty impressive that an iem compares to high end headphones. I can’t use headphones at work, so that’s not an option for me unfortunately.

As for your HD800S (I assume the s is for the S version?) vs Clear, the HD800S to my ears has better soundstage and imaging. The Focal Clear has a little less soundstage and imagine isn’t as precise, but it’s still really darn good and is more fun to my ears. I’ve never heard the HD700, so can’t compare there. I’d have a really hard time deciding on which to keep between the HD800S and Focal clears if I had to part with one.

15. Incarnation
    I heard some people not liking the hd800s tho, said it ruined some of the good parts of hd800. Big soundstage shouldn't choose Focal Clear tho. Imo, that is it's weakness. But I love the clear due to the how musical and clear(heh) it sounded. For me I was deciding btw Auteur and Clear

First

Back
107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116
118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127
Next

Last