Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Mar 14, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #7,592 of 8,131
I do think that Audeze LCD-5 is the best headphone in the world after EQ-ing. I have not listened to any electrostatic from Stax but I listened to Susvara and yes LCD-5 is more enjoyable. Me in the picture getting what I want, that no man may give me. Good audio is better than sex...I am an audio whore. Note, I modified Singxer with a DC mod to get it to sing better and sing it does.
text16.png
I'm glad you are enjoying them so much, and when you need a closed back, you have your trusty 9200s waiting for you :L3000:

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #7,593 of 8,131
1. ZMF Eikon - my endless love
2. Denon D7000 - fun, exciting, bassy
3. Sennheiser HD560s - flat and resolving, good for movies
4. Shure Aonic 50 - nothing special, bit too muddy on bass, but still one of the best ANCs I've heard

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #7,594 of 8,131
1. HiFiMan Edition XS. Great tuning. Sounds lovely with all kinds of music. Lovely imaging, separation, detail, soundstage. A small treble peak can be tolerated or EQ'd. Believe the hype -- these cans are a LEGIT DEAL for $500.

2. Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed. Just bought these to replace my Focal Elegia, which have wonky tuning and sound good only with types of music (strings, acoustic, piano, classical) that I don't listen to very often. Couldn't be happier so far. The Aeon 2 Closed have MUCH better tuning than the Elegia for rock, alt-country, funk and the other types of music I enjoy. Not nearly as aggressive in the mids or treble, and I'm willing to sacrifice some of the detail to avoid the wonky tuning and occasional stabs of an ice pick from harsh mids or treble. Very power-hungry, though. Wouldn't think of running these straight from a phone. They need an amp, preferrably of at least 1 watt at 32 ohm.

3. Sennheiser HD 6XX. A workhorse. They sound good with everything. They do nothing exceptional (well, maybe mids) but everything well. Yes, both ends of the sound spectrum are rolled off, creating the infamous (and overblown) "Sennheiser veil." Don't care. Makes for such a relaxed listen over extended sessions. There's a reason why so many headphone dorks like us keep these cans in their collection. Timeless classics that just work.

4. AKG N400NC TWS earbuds. Crinacle is right: These babies are the audiophile secret sauce if you want TWS ANC earbuds. The tuning is so damn agreeable and seems to hug the Harman Curve. Nice detail, imaging, separation, soundstage for a wireless bud. ANC isn't bad once you get it dialed in through the app, and max often isn't the best setting. These are the best-sounding TWS buds I've heard, and the massive bonus now is that they're marked down from $150 to $48 on the AKG website. A steal.

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #7,595 of 8,131
Early 2022?

1. HiFiMAN HE6se with Dekoni TH-900 sheepskin pads
2. DCA Ether CX with Dekoni TH-900 sheepskin pads
3. Focal Elear with Elex pads
4. Sash très
5. Ollo S4R 1.1

Portable
1. Westone W8 gen.2
2. Westone UM pro 30.1

Conference calls/working from home
1. beyerdynamic fox/tyg r300
2 months later

1. Hifiman HE-500 with Dekoni TH-900 fenestrated sheepskin pads
2. DCA ether CX with Dekoni TH-900 sheepskin pads
3. Beyerdynamic DT-1990 with Dekoni velour pads
4. Sash très
5. Ollo S4R 1.1
6. Beyerdynamic DT-700 Pro X
7. Fostex T60rp

Portable
1. Westone W8 gen.2
2. Westone UM pro 30.1

Conference calls/working from home
1. beyerdynamic fox/dt-1990

I love(d) the sound of the HE6se but I wrote off newer hifiman headphones due to their terrible QC. The HE-500 is a bit darker, easier to drive and it's build quality exceeds that of the HE6se. The Ether CX is my holy grail/end-it-all closed back option and I adore the DT-1990 for what it is. Sold the Focals and am now more of camp "the more you can replace yourself and the cheaper the replacement parts are: the better" (except for the HE-500 that is :p)
Even the Fostex T60rp is a very capable headphone but it's being outperformed by the other options. Can't go wrong with any of these full-sized imo.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #7,599 of 8,131
My Headphone Ranking List:

I have gone off the deep end a year and a half ago when I decided that I needed a good gaming headset and somehow that resulted in me discovering high end audio. So here is what I have listened to and purchased over that time.

1. Grado RS2X - Great with the new Dekoni Pads / Very good with the standard pads.
  2. Focal Clear Mg - With EQ, excellent. Loses out to the RS2X due to imaging and soundstage but has slight better technicalities. The newest of my headphones and that can often result in a honeymoon period as new toy syndrome (bias) can impact objectivity.
  3. Grado SR80X - Very good with the velour Dekoni Pads as the bass becomes very present and the sound signature gets warmer. The mids get recessed a bit but I always level my volume for the mids to sound loud enough and the bass and treble do not overwhelm the mids. The pads really open up the sound stage but it tends to become more 3 bloby. That doesn’t happen on the RS2X. I have had to 80X for 3 months and will grab these before the Clear MG’s most of the time.
  4. LSA HP-2 - They sound fine but something about the timbre doesn’t sound right to me. I can’t explain why they don’t sound right to me. Very clean sound. Good.
  5. Thieaudio Oracle - Great sounding IEM’s. In terms of frequency response, the best out of all of the items here without pad changes, or EQ. Lack of sound stage that is inherent in all items is the reason for the lower ranking.
  6. Tripowin Olina - Very good, the timbre is less on point than the Oracle, but for $100 simply amazing. Great at moderate to low sound levels. At high volumes can become difficult to listen to.
  7. Sennheiser HD560S - My first headphone of significance. A little bright but very good. Enjoy on tube amps and it is a very comfortable headphone to wear if you are able to reduce some of the clamp force.
  8. Pioneer SE-Monitor 5 - Good closed back design. Still experimenting with pads but angled leather pads seem to work better for me. Timbre wise, it’s pretty good, just some of the technicalities of this headphone are lost if you don’t find the right pad.
  9. Verum 1 mk 2 - OK. Got these in a trade last year before becoming aware of the issues surrounding the owner. Better with EQ. Decent but not amazing. I do like the pad system, and the headband. Comfort wise, it’s really good for me.
  10. Tripowin Mele - Very nice relaxed listen and for $50, a great buy. A little too warm (lack of treble)
  11. Austrian Audio Hi-x55 - A very interesting headphone. Very technical with excellent detail retrieval and very good sound stage for a closed back. Timber is the main issue for me as it never sounds right to me, even with eq. The mids feel a little thin. Would love to try the Hi-x65 as I love this headphones bass when eq’d.
  12. Moondrop Aria - Was not impressed with this iem. This item sounds a little thin to me and doesn’t really impart any musical joy to me. Gave these away to my niece.
  13. Campfire Satsuma - In my early days of exploring IEM’s I got these based on a few reviews. Not great but the mids are nice. Use it mostly to listen to non musical material. Would not recommend for music listening purposes, though with EQ they are decent, but for the price, you are much better off exploring Chifi iem’s.

Mar 25, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #7,600 of 8,131
My ranking as a lady in this hobby where fashion is of greater importance. currently, I drive them with a Singxer SA1 amp but will replace it with an IFI Pro iCan signature in the picture.... the DAC will always be the tone 2 pro.
path1109.png

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #7,601 of 8,131
Over-ear headphones (wired and wireless)
S
None

A
None

B
Sennheiser HD 560S

B-
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250-Ohm)

C+
Sony MDR-7506

C
Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
Koss KPH-30i

C-
Audio Technica ATH-M50x
Sony WH-1000XM4

D
None

E
Sony MDR-7509

F
None

In-ear (wired and wireless)
S
None

A
None

B
Sony WF-1000XM4

B-
Apple AirPods Pro

C
Apple AirPods (2019, 2nd Gen)

C-
Jabra Elite Active 75t (good for working out but not much else)

D
None

E
None

F
None
Now that I re-listened to my headphones, including the addition of one more pair, I am re-ranking them as follows:

Over-ear headphones (wired and wireless)

S
None

A
None

B
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250-Ohm)
Sennheiser HD 560S

B-
AKG K371

C+
Koss KPH-30i
Sony MDR-7506

C
None

C-
Audio Technica ATH-M50x
Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700

D+
Sony WH-1000XM4

D
Sony MDR-7509

E
None

F
None

In-ear (wired and wireless)

S
None

A
None

B
Sony WF-1000XM4

B-
Apple AirPods Pro

C
None

C-
Apple AirPods (2019, 2nd Gen)
Jabra Elite Active 75t

D
None

E
None

F
None

May 29, 2022 at 2:42 AM Post #7,602 of 8,131
It has been many a moon since I have posted to this thread. My headphones and gear have changed exponentially. I ridded myself of most and in favor of a rotation of 3-4 headphones. One set of ears leads me to believe any more just collects dust due to sound bias. So, I stick to what I love and nothing else.

Current Chain: Roon Labs-USBe Perfect- Exogal Comet+ with LInear Power Supply - Cembalo Labs Spring 1 or Icon Audio HP8

Ranking : They are in no particular order. I like them all equally.
1. Audeze LCD-4z - Beautiful tonality, powerful, great low end with an expansive and articulate midrange.
2. Spirit Torino Radiante 1706 - This headphone is so different and wonderful. It is without question the headphone I pull out for live music. Bass is amazing without ever bleeding into the midrange. Can get a touch warm in the upper midrange, but a smidge of EQ opens up the Radiante into the a detail, resolution monster. Can't speak highly enough about this headphone.
3. ZMF Auteur LTD Bocote - "Musically Neutral" with subbass for days and a fantastic all around headphone. Really good on my Spring 1, off the charts on my HP8. The damping of ZMF headphones and higher impedance lends itself to a high quality tube amp.
4. Code X - This is incoming and will be my 2nd time with the Code X. I will never let get away again. This is my all time favorite headphone with best in class tonality/timbre.

May 29, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #7,603 of 8,131
(Added Superlux HD681 EVO, Kaldas RR-1 Conquest, Audeze LCD-XC 2021, Fostex TH900MK1, Fostex TH900MK2 Anniversary Tuning. Bumped LCD-XC 2021 up a tier.)

*=Highly recommended

Yeah, I've owned all these...

Tier 1
*Fostex TH900MK1
(Best dynamics I've ever heard. V-shaped signature, very clear, awesome bass. Closed back, but leaks a lot of sound. The most fun headphone I've heard.)
*Fostex TH900MK2 Anniversary Tuning (Like the original, but with more balanced sound. Bass and treble lose some impact though. Good if you find the original too bright.)
*DCA Voce (Better ergonomics, cable, ear pads, headband, and customer service (God-tier vs. non-existent) than Stax. Also much reduced "Stax fart" compared to the 007/009. A little less treble than the 009 but with much more balanced bass performance. Similar transparency and bass impact.)
Stax SR-009 (Has increased imaging and separation over the SR-007. Dynamics seem slightly better. Unmodded has "Stax fart" similar to modded SR-007A and I assume the original MK1.)

Tier 2
*Stax SR-L700MK2
(VERY similar to Focal Clear. Has slightly more mid-bass impact, midrange is not quite as thick. Instruments seem slightly more separated. Soundstage slightly wider. Very similar to SR-007. Soundstage is a little wider on the SR-007 and it has more lower bass until you do the Blu-Tack mod which evens it out.)
Stax SR-007MK2 with Blu-Tack mod (like the SR-007A but with less "Stax fart" for some reason.)
Stax SR-007A with Blu-Tack mod ("Stax fart" a little annoying.)
ZMF Verite Open (Kind of like a smoother, more musical estat with excellent bass. Pads are easy to swap and good quality. Nicely layered sound. Make sure rods are tightened or you can lose an eye.)

Tier 3
*Focal Clear
original, not MG (Not the widest soundstage but excellent tonality, dynamics, and extension.)
*Focal Clear Professional (Same as the OG. Not the widest soundstage but excellent tonality, dynamics, and extension.)
*ZMF Eikon (Similar to the MDR-Z1R but with more even frequency response but less bass extension. Make sure rods are tightened or you can lose an eye.)
ZMF Verite Closed (Sounds similar to the Verite Open, but with a very slight muffled closed-back sound to it. Make sure rods are tightened or you can lose an eye.)
Sony MDR-Z1R (Closed headphones with great transparency and better bass than HD800S. Amazing for a closed back. Similar to ZMF Eikon but with slight peaks in freq. response that sound a little unnatural at times and better bass extension.)
Hifiman HE1000SE (Detailed sound with good bass and transparency. Almost electrostatic-like speed. Soundstage a little narrow.)
Sennheiser HD800S (Super transparent with more bass than Stax SR Lambda Pro. Lightweight but ear pads are large and don't conform well. Great soundstage.)
Nectar Audio Hive (Similar to Stax SR-009 except is more forward sounding and not quite as "ethereal". Slightly more bass impact. Requires at least 400 V RMS energizer.)

Tier 4 - Beginning of summit-fi
*Koss ESP/95X
(Very natural sounding with wide soundstage and great transparency. Mid-centric. Fantastic for easy-listening and voice. Bass and treble could use a boost. Lightweight and comfortable.)
*Sony IER-M9 (A little uncomfortable. Sounds nearly perfect if you can get the fit right. Has more lower-midbass than Z1R which increases impact.)
Meze Empyrean (Very comfortable, outside mesh not durable. A bit dark sounding and lacking detail.)
Sony IER-Z1R (A little uncomfortable. Sounds nearly perfect if you can get the fit right. Could use a little more bass impact.)
Focal Utopia (Slightly wider soundstage than the Clear. Sounds very similar. A little too thick sounding for me resulting in a "wall of sound" and less instrument separation.)
Sennheiser HD820 (Comes close to the HD800S but isn't as tonally even and soundstage is slightly smaller. Has better comfort, isolation, and bass volume though.)

Tier 5
Focal Clear MG Professional
(Not quite as clear sounding as the original. Slightly warmer. Soundstage seems smaller than original.)
Hifiman Arya (A little lacking in dynamics, sounds a little flat. Soundstage could be wider.)
Campfire Andromeda (Rivals HD800S / MDR-Z1R in transparency and very even sounding. Good everything, except bass is a bit light. Sound stage is a little smaller than with over ear headphones.)
Audeze LCD-4 (Best bass, good but not great transparency, very heavy, prone to driver failures with pressure changes. Mine had a driver failure.)
Audeze LCD-XC 2021 (Good sound quality. Closed back. Has treble slam but a little lacking in bass slam.)

Tier 6
*Audeze Mobius
(Some of the best bass I've heard but soundstage is small.)
*Sennheiser HD600 (Excellent value. Bass extension is a little lacking. Excellent build quality.)
Sennheiser HD650 (Like the HD600 but very slightly darker sounding and a little less natural treble.)
Kaldas RR-1 Conquest (Has great bass extension for a closed back. Prone to mechanical issues.)
SendyAudio Aiva (Great build quality, looks good, good frequency response except bass extension is lacking.)
Stax SR Lambda Pro (Super transparent.)
Audeze LCD-2 closed back (Heavy, bass extension and impact are lacking, isolation is poor for a closed back.)
AKG K7XX (Great value. Elastic may go bad over time.)
Razer Opus (Very good timbre and frequency response. Treble and bass are could use more clarity.)

Tier 7 - Beginning of hi-fi
Samsung AKG EO-IG955
(Surprisingly competent. There are a ton of knockoffs of these which sound awful.)
Grado SR-80e with L cushions (L cusions improve sound quite a bit, kind of uncomfortable, tons of midbass, good transparency.)
qdc Neptune (Good value, sounds like the Andromeda, but a little more muffled and more bass and bass extension).
Beyerdynamic DT880 (Annoying treble peak, ~8.5 kHz.)
AKG K702 (Painful headband.)
Beyerdynamic DT990
Superlux HD681 EVO
(Excellent value, well balanced sound. Plasticky build. Bass is a little bloated sounding).

Tier 8 - Pretty good
Denon D2000
Shure SE846
(Terrible value. Sounds similar to the IE80.)
Sennheiser IE80 (Good value, but sound a little muffled compared to higher end stuff.)
Etymotic ER4XR (Good as earplugs. Sound not very impressive.)
Sennheiser HD598 (A little muffled sounding.)
Bose Triport (Good 3D sound positioning. Lightweight. A bit muffled overall.)
Koss Porta Pro (Very light weight. Sound is good for price. Open back design.)

Tier 9
Westone W30
(All mid-range. Not very good for listening to music.)
Grado SR-60i (Poor fit, comfort and bass. Decent transparency. Would probably sound better with L cushions.)
KZ ZS6 (Treble is peaky.)
VJJB-V1S (Sound is very good for price.)
ViSang R02 (Sound is very good for price.)

Tier 10 - Decent
Panasonic RPHJE120S
Panasonic RP HT355

Tier 11 - Bad
Samsung AKG EO-IG955 Knockoff
(Bought for about $4 and returned it. The legit ones are about $100. Sounded like music through a tin can.)

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #7,604 of 8,131
After 10+ years in the hobby

1. Sennheiser HD650 (Denafrips Ares II / Feliks Euphoria Psvane CV181-T-MI & Chatham 6AS7G)
2. Sennheiser HD650 (Denafrips Ares II / Woo Audio WA2 - Telefunken EZ81 - Siemens CCa - GEC 6AS7G )
Every single other headphone I got, couldn't stand test of time, I'd always come back to HD650. Would still love to hear HE-1 and some other summit-fi headphones but that's too crazy price wise for me.

Notables:

HD800S - Amazing, but not for everything, would keep this one if budget allowed as secondary pair, to use here and there.
ZMF Aeolus - Also real pleasure to listen to but the it's heavy for everyday use and because it's such a piece of art I feel like I have to be very careful with it so that complicates it even more for daily use. Lastly soundstage is big, but in somewhat distant way, not big as HD800S big.

Jun 1, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #7,605 of 8,131
(Added Superlux HD681 EVO, Kaldas RR-1 Conquest, Audeze LCD-XC 2021, Fostex TH900MK1, Fostex TH900MK2 Anniversary Tuning)

*=Highly recommended

Yeah, I've owned all these...

Tier 1
*Fostex TH900MK1
(Best dynamics I've ever heard. V-shaped signature, very clear, awesome bass. Closed back, but leaks a lot of sound. The most fun headphone I've heard.)
*Fostex TH900MK2 Anniversary Tuning (Like the original, but with more balanced sound. Bass and treble lose some impact though. Good if you find the original too bright.)
*DCA Voce (Better ergonomics, cable, ear pads, headband, and customer service (God-tier vs. non-existent) than Stax. Also much reduced "Stax fart" compared to the 007/009. A little less treble than the 009 but with much more balanced bass performance. Similar transparency and bass impact.)
Stax SR-009 (Has increased imaging and separation over the SR-007. Dynamics seem slightly better. Unmodded has "Stax fart" similar to modded SR-007A and I assume the original MK1.)

Tier 2
*Stax SR-L700MK2
(VERY similar to Focal Clear. Has slightly more mid-bass impact, midrange is not quite as thick. Instruments seem slightly more separated. Soundstage slightly wider. Very similar to SR-007. Soundstage is a little wider on the SR-007 and it has more lower bass until you do the Blu-Tack mod which evens it out.)
Stax SR-007MK2 with Blu-Tack mod (like the SR-007A but with less "Stax fart" for some reason.)
Stax SR-007A with Blu-Tack mod ("Stax fart" a little annoying.)
ZMF Verite Open (Kind of like a smoother, more musical estat with excellent bass. Pads are easy to swap and good quality. Nicely layered sound. Make sure rods are tightened or you can lose an eye.)

Tier 3
*Focal Clear
original, not MG (Not the widest soundstage but excellent tonality, dynamics, and extension.)
*Focal Clear Professional (Same as the OG. Not the widest soundstage but excellent tonality, dynamics, and extension.)
*ZMF Eikon (Similar to the MDR-Z1R but with more even frequency response but less bass extension. Make sure rods are tightened or you can lose an eye.)
ZMF Verite Closed (Sounds similar to the Verite Open, but with a very slight muffled closed-back sound to it. Make sure rods are tightened or you can lose an eye.)
Sony MDR-Z1R (Closed headphones with great transparency and better bass than HD800S. Amazing for a closed back. Similar to ZMF Eikon but with slight peaks in freq. response that sound a little unnatural at times and better bass extension.)
Hifiman HE1000SE (Detailed sound with good bass and transparency. Almost electrostatic-like speed. Soundstage a little narrow.)
Sennheiser HD800S (Super transparent with more bass than Stax SR Lambda Pro. Lightweight but ear pads are large and don't conform well. Great soundstage.)
Nectar Audio Hive (Similar to Stax SR-009 except is more forward sounding and not quite as "ethereal". Slightly more bass impact. Requires at least 400 V RMS energizer.)

Tier 4 - Beginning of summit-fi
*Koss ESP/95X
(Very natural sounding with wide soundstage and great transparency. Mid-centric. Fantastic for easy-listening and voice. Bass and treble could use a boost. Lightweight and comfortable.)
*Sony IER-M9 (A little uncomfortable. Sounds nearly perfect if you can get the fit right. Has more lower-midbass than Z1R which increases impact.)
Meze Empyrean (Very comfortable, outside mesh not durable. A bit dark sounding and lacking detail.)
Sony IER-Z1R (A little uncomfortable. Sounds nearly perfect if you can get the fit right. Could use a little more bass impact.)
Focal Utopia (Slightly wider soundstage than the Clear. Sounds very similar. A little too thick sounding for me resulting in a "wall of sound" and less instrument separation.)
Sennheiser HD820 (Comes close to the HD800S but isn't as tonally even and soundstage is slightly smaller. Has better comfort, isolation, and bass volume though.)

Tier 5
Focal Clear MG Professional
(Not quite as clear sounding as the original. Slightly warmer. Soundstage seems smaller than original.)
Hifiman Arya (A little lacking in dynamics, sounds a little flat. Soundstage could be wider.)
Campfire Andromeda (Rivals HD800S / MDR-Z1R in transparency and very even sounding. Good everything, except bass is a bit light. Sound stage is a little smaller than with over ear headphones.)
Audeze LCD-4 (Best bass, good but not great transparency, very heavy, prone to driver failures with pressure changes. Mine had a driver failure.)

Tier 6
*Audeze Mobius
(Some of the best bass I've heard but soundstage is small.)
*Sennheiser HD600 (Excellent value. Bass extension is a little lacking. Excellent build quality.)
Sennheiser HD650 (Like the HD600 but very slightly darker sounding and a little less natural treble.)
Kaldas RR-1 Conquest (Has great bass extension for a closed back. Prone to mechanical issues.)
Audeze LCD-XC 2021 (Good sound quality. Closed back. Has treble slam but a little lacking in bass slam.)
SendyAudio Aiva (Great build quality, looks good, good frequency response except bass extension is lacking.)
Stax SR Lambda Pro (Super transparent.)
Audeze LCD-2 closed back (Heavy, bass extension and impact are lacking, isolation is poor for a closed back.)
AKG K7XX (Great value. Elastic may go bad over time.)
Razer Opus (Very good timbre and frequency response. Treble and bass are could use more clarity.)

Tier 7 - Beginning of hi-fi
Samsung AKG EO-IG955
(Surprisingly competent. There are a ton of knockoffs of these which sound awful.)
Grado SR-80e with L cushions (L cusions improve sound quite a bit, kind of uncomfortable, tons of midbass, good transparency.)
qdc Neptune (Good value, sounds like the Andromeda, but a little more muffled and more bass and bass extension).
Beyerdynamic DT880 (Annoying treble peak, ~8.5 kHz.)
AKG K702 (Painful headband.)
Beyerdynamic DT990
Superlux HD681 EVO
(Excellent value, well balanced sound. Plasticky build. Bass is a little bloated sounding).

Tier 8 - Pretty good
Denon D2000
Shure SE846
(Terrible value. Sounds similar to the IE80.)
Sennheiser IE80 (Good value, but sound a little muffled compared to higher end stuff.)
Etymotic ER4XR (Good as earplugs. Sound not very impressive.)
Sennheiser HD598 (A little muffled sounding.)
Bose Triport (Good 3D sound positioning. Lightweight. A bit muffled overall.)
Koss Porta Pro (Very light weight. Sound is good for price. Open back design.)

Tier 9
Westone W30
(All mid-range. Not very good for listening to music.)
Grado SR-60i (Poor fit, comfort and bass. Decent transparency. Would probably sound better with L cushions.)
KZ ZS6 (Treble is peaky.)
VJJB-V1S (Sound is very good for price.)
ViSang R02 (Sound is very good for price.)

Tier 10 - Decent
Panasonic RPHJE120S
Panasonic RP HT355

Tier 11 - Bad
Samsung AKG EO-IG955 Knockoff
(Bought for about $4 and returned it. The legit ones are about $100. Sounded like music through a tin can.)
What is the "stax fart"? I have never heard this term or analogy before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back