Rank the best sounding daps that you heard
Apr 6, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #842 of 847
Not much experience from my side but here we go (only sound quality because battery life, UI smoothness and other things are not important for me):
  1. HiBy R6 Pro II
  2. Shanling M8
  3. HiBy R6 Stainless Steel (first version)
  4. iBasso DX160
  5. Astell SR15
  6. Astell Kann Cube
  7. Sony NW-A105
IMO 1-5 (except no 2) these are great options in relation price/performance. I have ended with HiBy R6 Pro II and compared to my end game desktop set I don't feel this DAP will need upgrade anytime. Hopefuly it will last long (and I do not mean battery life :wink: )

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #843 of 847
Depends on your priorities.. I'm in a similar journey and here's my ranking (copy paste from another thread) for pairing with my IER-Z1R based on optimizing for SQ and value for money:
  1. iBasso DX320: all rounder with balanced ROHM dac sound, fast UI, pretty screen, reasonable price and swappable ports, but not very powerful. Likely to buy this one….
  2. Shanling M9: lovely AKM sound with deep bass extension, fast UI, nice volume always on display, but not very powerful
  3. Sony WM1ZM2: amazing sub-bass extension and layering, but relatively slow UI, small screen (noticeable low youtube fps) and underpowered for full-sized cans. Cost 2x of DX320!
  4. Fiio M17: insane output power, all the ports you need, can second as a desktop dac/amp with clean dry sound sig but super heavy, gets warm quickly
  5. Cayin N8ii: nice euphonic tube sound with many experimentation, but slightly underpowered, small lower res screen running on android 9. Cost 2x of DX320!
  6. A&K SP3000: Personally haven’t tested this as not available at the time but in consideration since highly rated and using AKM chip. However, dislike closed OS system (tested SP2000T with laggy UI) and it cost 2.5x of DX320!

Updated my list for WM1ZM2 on top of the list.. it's glorious when paired with the IER-Z1R, quite mind blowing and musical when going thru my entire library. It's also an eyecatcher and conversation starter in the officer :beyersmile: If you are on a tighter budget, prefer lighter DAP or dislike the bling, I do think 1AM2 is the one you should get as it sounds close enough to me.
  1. Sony WM1ZM2 / 1AM2
  2. Ibasso DX320
  3. Shanling M9
  4. Fiio M17
  5. Cayin N8ii

Apr 7, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #844 of 847
Updated my list for WM1ZM2 on top of the list.. it's glorious when paired with the IER-Z1R, quite mind blowing and musical when going thru my entire library. It's also an eyecatcher and conversation starter in the officer :beyersmile: If you are on a tighter budget, prefer lighter DAP or dislike the bling, I do think 1AM2 is the one you should get as it sounds close enough to me.
  1. Sony WM1ZM2 / 1AM2
  2. Ibasso DX320
  3. Shanling M9
  4. Fiio M17
  5. Cayin N8ii
I have and still love the Gen 1 Sony NW-WM1Z and NW-WM1A.

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #845 of 847
Not much experience from my side but here we go (only sound quality because battery life, UI smoothness and other things are not important for me):
  1. HiBy R6 Pro II
  2. Shanling M8
  3. HiBy R6 Stainless Steel (first version)
  4. iBasso DX160
  5. Astell SR15
  6. Astell Kann Cube
  7. Sony NW-A105
IMO 1-5 (except no 2) these are great options in relation price/performance. I have ended with HiBy R6 Pro II and compared to my end game desktop set I don't feel this DAP will need upgrade anytime. Hopefuly it will last long (and I do not mean battery life :wink: )
Kann Cube in 6 ?

Apr 7, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #846 of 847
Maybe its more of a Holo May thing than Bliss, but I suspect higher power headroom does its thing too.
I would concede - I think a desktop quality dac makes a difference rather than unnecessarily powerful amp. Depending how the design is done - using 1% of the amps power is not optimal at all for its performance. I know bliss has something done with its stepped attenuation for the dynamic range. I want to buy it eventually to try with IEMs too

Now I’m using Wandla/hypsos into Mass Kobo 475 which is optimal amp for IEMs, the results with a desktop dac are amazing. Holo may and Brise tsuranagi or 475 would be interesting vs. Bliss

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #847 of 847
hi, maybe not (maybe yes) the best thread to ask, but do you think its worth Astell&Kern SP2000T for 1500$ with 2yr warranty? coming from A&KSR25 MK1? (which I got also only for 300$) thanks..
IEM is Monarch MK3 (only)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back