Rank all the headphones you own + with descriptions -> don't type a paragraph
May 13, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #31 of 34
How are you finding the 1266 with TT2??

I'm tempted to either get TT2 + Mscaler with mine, or add the Formula S + powerman to my RME ADI2, neither seem cheap to do :disappointed_relieved:
I am loving it, before when I owned Hugo 2 and Diana V2, I was lusting after better. I went into both TT2 and AB-1266 blindly and was not disappointed. To me, M Scaler is not worth the 4k asking price. Can I hear a difference, yes. But, it just does not feel right spending 5k on AB-1266, 5k on TT2 and how much you get for that money, then M Scaler for 4k just feels like a final tweak for someone who is either more dedicated to the hobby, or has more money to spend.

As far as getting Formula S+P, you hear a lot of good things about it. However, if you already have TT2, I don't think it makes that much sense. Will it alter the sound? I am sure it will, and maybe you will like it more, but I don't think it is necessary, especially if you drive AB-1266 from TT2's rear XLRs.

Obviously I am biased towards what I own, but I am also very critical of things I purchased in the past and did not like, so I hope you find my message honest. If you ask me, I would get TT2 with 1266, as it is the most cost effective setup, I found so far.

May 13, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #32 of 34
Thanks for your thoughts! They are similar to what I think. How much extra to spend to eek out that last bit of performance from the headphone can be very costly. Definitely a consideration for the serious enthusiasts, but not sure I'm on that level yet.

I think I'll go try the TT2 , they are more easily available in showrooms in England, much harder to find a Formula S+P about. Then later can always add the M Scaler when I win the lottery.

For the rear XLRs - I imagine you need a splitter? Like this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-A...ocphy=1006702&hvtargid=pla-524474476062&psc=1

May 13, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #33 of 34
Thanks for your thoughts! They are similar to what I think. How much extra to spend to eek out that last bit of performance from the headphone can be very costly. Definitely a consideration for the serious enthusiasts, but not sure I'm on that level yet.
Yeah I know what you mean. I have purchased the Superconductor cable for 2k with my Diana V2, so I am happy to experiment, but that one was another thing that I found that yes, it makes a difference, but for me personally is not worth the asking price. As you can see, I am honestly trying to find "value" when it comes to my hobby, even if we are talking about thousands of dollars.
Here you have to be careful, what you need is an adapter that converts 2x3pin female XLR to 4pin female XLR, while leaving PIN 1 disconnected (so that you don't short the amp). I bought mine custom made from Lavricables and posted about it here.

May 13, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #34 of 34
Ah yes yes, forgot its a 4 pin XLR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back