Random Splatterings
May 11, 2004 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Just had to post in my favourite forum since I've not been on in a while, and probably won't be again.

Buckethead -- Population Override kicks ass. Great fidelity (there's a nice little whump when the bass kicks in on the second track), nice jammy tracks (a la Pink Floyd, etc.), not as silly as some of his other stuff. Recommended even if you're not a fan of his extremely out-there style of guitar playing.

Costanza Festa -- La Spagna -- some of the saddest music I've ever heard. If it's not Baroque, don't fix it. (On Harmonium Mundi, SACD no less!)

Einstürzende Neubauten -- Perpetuum Mobile continues to astound, as did Silence is Sexy. And they're awesome live, too, highly recommended.

The new Melissa Auf der Maur album is going to appeal to fans of Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Stabbing Westward, and the Songs of the Witchblade album I was so fond of. Highly recommended. ("...going to..." -- I already got the import, but you amongst us in the US should wait for the domestic release.)

For those of you who are fond of Venetian Snares hard-disk-drive-regurgitating sound, I highly recommend Otto Von Schirach, Chopped Zombie Fungus. "...I...D...M..."

Atom fans -- the Flextone reissue, just get it!

Act, the box set -- if you're a fan of Propaganda and/or Claudia Bruecken and/or Trevor Horn's 80's production work, get this completely-over-the-top box set. It's 3 CD's, even though they only had one album out. Every possible mix of every song they ever did, and the fidelity is excellent. The Art of Noise reissue of into Battle also sounds extremely sweet, although they put the wrong version of "Beatbox" on there (!...grrr...).

Can't think of anything else, but I'm sure there are millions of others.

May 11, 2004 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 6
I tend to like the same music as Dusty, so I'll definitely check these out. Hey, if you've got any more recs, definitely let us know about them. Also, nice to see you around again.

May 11, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
Random Splatterings

eek.gif
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #5 of 6
Dusty Chalk said:
The new Melissa Auf der Maur album is going to appeal to fans of Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Stabbing WestwardQUOTE]

I've also been enjoying that one as well Peter. A complete wall-to-wall noisefest that one but enjoyable all the same.
k1000smile.gif

May 11, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trawlerman
I've also been enjoying that one as well Peter. A complete wall-to-wall noisefest that one but enjoyable all the same.
k1000smile.gif

That one in particular is my favourite release of the year so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back