Raidho XT-1 - New Version of the Award Winning X-1
Jul 4, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #61 of 132
I replaced my Luxman tube amp that drove my XT-1s with a Sugden Pure Class A integrated amplifier ... sounds marvelous!

Here’s my review ...

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #62 of 132
Great thread @jwbrent! I enjoyed your comments, particularly where you have experience with so many different speakers. Same goes for @podeschi. I find it reassuring you are still loving your XT-1's, as well as podeschi, especially given he has TAD CR1's for a reference.

I have been intrigued for many years by the Raidho speakers. I figured life is short and pulled the trigger on XT-1's today. I also considered the XT-2's and C1.1/1.2 but at the end of the day I am a fan of montiors/subs, and thought I'd start with the XT-1's and go from there. Who knows, perhaps I will love the XT-1's and never think of upgrading them.

I am currently running Revel Ultima Gems, with two Revel Performa3 subs. I am looking forward to seeing how the XT-1's compare to the Gems. If they win, the Gems will be sold. I have absolutely loved the Gems for many many years and that kept me from trying Raidho.

Excited for the XT-1's to arrive!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #63 of 132
Hi Blake,

Thank you for your kind words on the thread. As anyone can see, I’m a big fan of Raidho, and the ribbon tweeter specifically.

I’m not familiar with your Gems, but I’m sure based on the reputation of the company, they’re great speakers. Although I’ve owned many high end full range speakers, I have always had a fondness for small 2-ways. I hope you’ll be happy with your new acquisition, and I look forward to your impressions.

Congrats!

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #64 of 132
C2DE4907-9A23-4F72-8B08-8BF9D2A654EB.jpeg
Congrats on your purchase of the XT-1s. I believe it is one of those audio products that goes so far above its physical and financial specs, where 20 years from now it will be viewed as a game changer. I spent July 4th at my home in Bend and hooked up my Zanden 6000 integrated (just received from Zanden in Japan) up with the TAD CR1 mkii speakers. It was a revelatory experience. Any previous beaming or speaker localized effects were gone. A wall of coherent sound swimming in front and around me. The tiniest details laid out - I could hear the smallest of breaths on what felt like a 100 foot audio canvas. But now I’m back home in my tv den where I have the Raidho XT-1s doing L/R duty in home theater (with four audience speakers as center). I have a Hugo dac running separately into one of the unbalanced inputs on my modified Marantz MA9S2 mono amps. I’m listening to Dead Can Dance cd right now. The treble is as good or maybe better than the CR1. The ribbon tweeter is beyond special - zero harshness but all the detail. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard any high-mids thru treble sound as good as the XT-1s. At any price in any system. In the small den I don’t need subs except for HT. I do have two REL T5i subs running with them and that definitely makes up for the foundation below 80 freq. I’m thinking of swapping a pair of XT-1s for the CRs and saving space and money.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #65 of 132
Cool setup @podeschi. Those Audience 1+1's must be quite the amazing center channel. Also a side track but your former modern home is beautiful. We have a modern home as well, some call it the fish bowl house because it has so much exterior glass.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #66 of 132
A question about the footers to the XT-1:

I believe the footers use a 6mm bolt size. Is that correct (my speakers have not yet arrived)?

I believe a 6mm bolt is the same thing as an M6 bolt.

I am going to purchase IsoAcoustic Gaia III footers, and the kit comes with several different bolt sizes, including M6 bolts.

I have somewhat uneven floors in my 2-channel audio room (which is in an upstairs loft area) and I used a lazer leveler and adjustable feet to get my current speakers precisely aimed. Otherwise, within a distance of about 10 feet, one speaker aims about 3 inches higher than the other (measured using the lazer lever).

The Gaia is adjustable to deal with my uneven floors, plus you get acoustic isolation, all for a great price.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #67 of 132
Cool setup @podeschi. Those Audience 1+1's must be quite the amazing center channel. Also a side track but your former modern home is beautiful. We have a modern home as well, some call it the fish bowl house because it has so much exterior glass.
Thanks yes we loved our modern home but just sold it so less natural light now :frowning2:

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #68 of 132
A question about the footers to the XT-1:

I believe the footers use a 6mm bolt size. Is that correct (my speakers have not yet arrived)?

I believe a 6mm bolt is the same thing as an M6 bolt.

I am going to purchase IsoAcoustic Gaia III footers, and the kit comes with several different bolt sizes, including M6 bolts.

I have somewhat uneven floors in my 2-channel audio room (which is in an upstairs loft area) and I used a lazer leveler and adjustable feet to get my current speakers precisely aimed. Otherwise, within a distance of about 10 feet, one speaker aims about 3 inches higher than the other (measured using the lazer lever).

The Gaia is adjustable to deal with my uneven floors, plus you get get acoustic isolation, all for a great price.

Thanks for the idea on the footers and the size of the screws. I know the designer (no longer with Raidho) did not believe in mass stands, but the cheap plastic footers was a disappointment. I use the existing screws alone to adjust the stands, but I’ve always wanted to get a proper fix.

Please post your results, especially if the screws are indeed 6mm.

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #69 of 132
Will do. Plastic feet are ridiculous for a speaker of this quality. It is almost like they are pushing owners to buy the very expensive (IMO overpriced) footers from Raidho/Ansuz.

This is where I am getting the 6mm measurement:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143119430834 (look at the photos)

and also from reading the posts from Mikeeo in this thread when he mentions his DIY footer solution and links for purchase (the one ebay link has expired but includes 6mm in the title):

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Any-recommended-speaker-on-the-SAM-list-that-sounds-BIG

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #70 of 132
Will do. Plastic feet are ridiculous for a speaker of this quality. It is almost like they are pushing owners to buy the very expensive (IMO overpriced) footers from Raidho/Ansuz.

This is where I am getting the 6mm measurement:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143119430834 (look at the photos)

and also from reading the posts from Mikeeo in this thread when he mentions his DIY footer solution and links for purchase (the one ebay link has expired but includes 6mm in the title):

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Any-recommended-speaker-on-the-SAM-list-that-sounds-BIG

Thank you.

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #71 of 132
0C473B49-C989-4F96-9A4F-F3E6168CE766.png
I agree the footers that come with the XT-1 are utter nonsense. A $30 CD player from Walmart has better feet on it. Right now I have my XT1s sitting on a svelte symposium platform to help compensate. Also at 6’1” I’m a little taller in the seating position and have realized over the years adding a few inches height usually helps my listening position. I plan on buying strange attractors from Spiral Groove for the XT1s. Allen Perkins who is one of the most pragmatic and respected turntable designers created these. I had them under my Maggie 20.7 mye stands and they worked like a charm. Spiral groove will custom make the male thread to match the female thread on XT1 base. 8 of these cost less than one footer by Ansuz.

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #72 of 132
I agree the footers that come with the XT-1 are utter nonsense. A $30 CD player from Walmart has better feet on it. Right now I have my XT1s sitting on a svelte symposium platform to help compensate. Also at 6’1” I’m a little taller in the seating position and have realized over the years adding a few inches height usually helps my listening position. I plan on buying strange attractors from Spiral Groove for the XT1s. Allen Perkins who is one of the most pragmatic and respected turntable designers created these. I had them under my Maggie 20.7 mye stands and they worked like a charm. Spiral groove will custom make the male thread to match the female thread on XT1 base. 8 of these cost less than one footer by Ansuz.

Good to know. I agree about Allen Perkins, I was a dealer for some of his product lines when I was in the High End audio biz.

Aug 16, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #73 of 132
@podeschi

I have the smaller Audience One, and love it to bits. So I'm familiar with the Audience sound. The Raidho is something I hope to listen to and purchase in the future.

Do you mind sharing a little bit on the difference/similarities between your 1+1 vs XT1? Sound stage, resolution, tonal balance?

Which one do you like more?

====

Borresen left Raidho, and started Borresen Audio with very similar designs as Raidho. But the prices are even higher than Raidho.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #74 of 132
Hello - the Audience are awesome little speakers and like the XT1s they defy their little size, are super coherent, nail the mids/voices, and disappear. I think the XT1 speakers do all of those things a little bit better especially throwing a more expansive soundstage.

Aug 16, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #75 of 132
Soundstage on the XT-1 is 3D expansive, and the speakers do a total disappearing act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back