RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
May 1, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #346 of 1,184
What Tips would that be?

I've notice you also have the Acoustune HS1650CU, Any insight / comparison between the two?

I get the best seal and most pleasing sound from the Penta using the UE900 green core silicon tips. Size L. I have also used the Spiral Dots, size L. Sound is also very good but the UE fits my ears better. Both are shallow fit as they block my ear canal rather than insert into the canal.
I do like the IMR Zenith. It seems to have similar tonality, however the ceramic tweeter seems to bring out the treble minutiae better than the BA of the Penta. I haven't yet decided whether this is a good thing or not. I do like the larger more spacious sound with the vents open. The Penta cable is much nicer than the more springy Zenith cable. I have not tried any 3rd party cables with the Zenith as yet. Isolation and fit is much better with the Penta if that is a major consideration as the Zenith is quite a bit larger which might present an issue for those users with smaller ears. I do consider the Zenith to be a very good IEM especially for use in quieter environments if fit is not an issue.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #349 of 1,184
May 7, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #351 of 1,184
New penta owner here! Time for burn in..
Just heard one that has burned in with a EA leonidas 8 core balanced being plugged into my AK SR15 and.. OMG! These could really shine!@
They do...They do!!!

May 7, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #352 of 1,184
New penta owner here! Time for burn in..
Just heard one that has burned in with a EA leonidas 8 core balanced being plugged into my AK SR15 and.. OMG! These could really shine!@
Congrats!! And welcome to the club!!
You will love them!!!

May 7, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #353 of 1,184
I.
Want.
One.

May 7, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #354 of 1,184
May 7, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #355 of 1,184
May 7, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #356 of 1,184
May 7, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #357 of 1,184
I'm ashamed for admitting this but here goes.

Before I got my Rai Penta, I've used Dita Truth and for the past year I've been using PP8. I never get to really to use the Dita back then because I don't know how to fit it properly in my ear. It had Comply tips and it just wouldn't stay in at all.

Fast forward to the PP8. I bought it on the spot because of the fit. Fits like a glove right in, no big deal. I got so used to the PP8 that I take it for granted. I imagined all IEMs will fit like this. So when my local shop open up the preorder for the Rai Penta, I paid in full instantly. When it finally gets here late last week, I'm super happy and get to it right away. Put my fav tips which is the Ortofon and to my surprise, it's super loose. Comfortable but loose, no isolation at all. I went through all the tips I have, and also the tips that it came with in the box. Almost cried my heart out that I couldn't wear this properly. Even thinking about selling it.

Until last night, when I was just googling around on how to wear IEMs properly. I came across this reddit post saying that you gotta stretch the top of the ear first and put the IEM in. O M G. I am now a happy man. The end. :ksc75smile:

May 7, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #358 of 1,184
I was really feeling bad for you until the end of your post with the happy ending! I can honestly say that I have never owned an IEM that has given me as much enjoyment as the Penta.

May 9, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #359 of 1,184
I was really feeling bad for you until the end of your post with the happy ending! I can honestly say that I have never owned an IEM that has given me as much enjoyment as the Penta.
Fully agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back