1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology

First

Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49
Next

Last
  1. RSC08
    Thank you. But what do you mean by "a better player"?

2. dcguy73
    I personally think the Sony NW-ZX300 that I (and you) own works perfectly fine with the Rai Penta. I assume that post is saying that because the Rai Penta is so great, you need to Step Up To A Better DAP (caps intended :blush:) with greater fidelity and/or more power to truly "max out" its capabilities.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    RSC08 likes this.
  3. RSC08
    Well, for me IEMs equal portability. When getting a DAP, I thought of sound quality, battery life and size. The ZX300 ticked all the boxes, plus not having android bloatware was a good plus.

Honestly, I don't see many (if any) DAPs that can beat the ZX300 without being bigger.

dcguy73 likes this.
  4. buonassi
    @beemarman 's Penta lasted all of 16 minutes on the fs forum. Haha

DavidS11 likes this.
  5. dcguy73
    I believe it. They're new and there haven't been many reviews of them posted. I'm sure in time there will be something newer and shinier and there will be some critical reviews of the Pentas out there. Then there will be many more of them up for sale.

DavidS11 likes this.
  6. DavidS11
    Sorry I mean to say a matching player.. the RP is quite neutral and transparent, so u can better match it to a player with the quality and type of sound u like.

I haven’t heard the ZX300 but I think it should be fine to drive the RP and if u like Sony sound. Cheers.

buonassi likes this.
  7. DavidS11
    Oh and.. a fair warning to all new owners.. it sound really good with any player but the more I listen to the RAI Penta the more I feel it need a quality player.. I love the RP sound, so musical and such a joy to listen to :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  8. beemarman
    My Rai Penta sounded the best when using my Chord Hugo 2.

Second best was Spk1000.

Deftone and DavidS11 like this.
  9. ayang02
    Today I paired the Rai Penta with HanSound's Silver Agni Mk2 cable listening out of WooAudio's WA11 4.4 mm out, what a wonderful combo!

This combo reminds me of the Empryean, minus the planar driver's speed mostly.

junix and DavidS11 like this.
  10. AnakChan Moderator
    I've deleted off topic for sale posts from this thread. Please leverage on the classifieds. Feel free to put the classified in your signature but please don't cross post into the main forums.

Thank you.

warriorpoet likes this.
  11. buonassi
    Any other good aftermarket pairings?

Thor silver ii was recommended to me by another headfier for how it can smooth the middle treble.

12. ayang02
    I actually have not tried the Dita Oslo pairing. I really like EA Origin as a SPC cable upgrade over the Meze cables. In hindsight, I shouldn't have ordered the Meze 4.4 mm cable as it's the exact same wires as stock.

If you don't mind some added warmth, I hear people recommend the PlusSound GPH & RP pairing as well.

buonassi likes this.
  13. gazzington
    I'm after some iems and I'm considering these. I do like a bit of bass but not to the detriment of mids and highs. How do these compare to Andromeda, Solaris etc?

14. RSC08
    So, just got my pair and been listening to them for a couple of hours now. First impressions: oh yes...

Fit is perfect and got a perfect seal on the very first try; they pair beautifully with the ZX300 on the balanced port; included 4.4mm cable is very light; sound is super smooth, like everything sounds just right.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    AzNyCans and HiFlight like this.
  15. gto88
    I thought that 4.4mm cable is sold separately.
    Your order has it included?

First

Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49
Next

Last