1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. Giraku
    Khan is clearly one level higher in all the technical aspects than RAI Penta. Khan's sound signature is neutral and quite revealing, although Khan has good tolerance on poorly recorded tracks. RAI Penta's sound signature is rich and fuller sound with slightly recessed treble without compromising the resolution much. RAI is certainly warm sounding but not dark at all.
    As I said above, RAI can't match Khan's wide staging, revealing resolution, and excellent imaging and timber. However, I enjoy RAI for its relaxing laid back presentation with seducing mid range, which is perfect for Diana Krall and Melody Gardot kind of vocal tracks.
    The bass of Khan may occasionally feel a bit lacking in quantity. But it's tight and accurate and extends very well to sub bass level. Khan's bass quality is excellent to my eats. Bass on RAI is more in quantity but a little loose, which contributes to its warm and relaxing signature.
    Both of my Khan and RAI Penta are still under burning in period. So please take my impression as a grain of salt. YMMV.

2. Blackberry Jack
    I would be surprised if it was otherwise, since Rai is two times cheaper :) Thanks for another impression. Have you tried the N5005 by any chance?

pstickne likes this.
  3. Giraku
    I used to own N5005. But I sold them a while ago. They were good, and I understand that many people love them. But they were a bit too bright for me even with Bass Boost filter.

Blackberry Jack likes this.
  4. Lurk650
    Bright is not a word that comes to mind with my N5005 lol.

5. Blackberry Jack
    Ahh, nice! How would you rate them against Rai/Solaris?

6. Giraku
    To my ears, N5005 has V-shaped signature. If you like Fostex TH900, you will love N5005. Solaris has more flat/neutral signature, and all the frequency has good energy. RAI Penta has more relaxed rich and fuller signature that gives you laid back presentation.
    As for the fit and comfort, RAI > N5005 >> Solaris. Solaris did not fit well to my ears. It was too big and protruding out. I liked Solaris sound but the fit was a deal breaker for me.

7. NovaFlyer
    Looking forward to your longterm impressions from travel.

Something to consider is to use your JH CIEMs during your awake time on flights, and then switch to the RAI Penta with foam tips for sleeping.

You should get your GF the Solaris, and then that way you can use the RAI Penta and occasionally the Solaris - the best of both worlds! :ksc75smile:

ag18 likes this.
  8. Blackberry Jack
    Any new impressions/comparisons would be appreciated :)
    Wondering when will it be available worldwide.

davidmolliere likes this.
  9. davidmolliere
    Yeah wondering as well... I wished a bit of communication was done...

Blackberry Jack likes this.
  10. Blackberry Jack
    I've contacted the authorized retailer of Meze Audio in my country, and they said they have already pre-ordered Rai Penta and it MAY be available in the middle of March. However, it seems they're uncertain about it, since it really depends on the production rate. Would be nice to get any update directly from Meze team.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    davidmolliere likes this.
  11. IneffableMusic
    Very mild impressions on headfonia's sp1000m review I believe on the last page. He had great things to say about its sound. They'll be doing a review of the rai penta it's just a matter of time

singingbee likes this.
  12. Blackberry Jack
    Good one, thanks.
    Btw, Rai Penta is already available for ordering worldwide on Meze official store.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    IneffableMusic likes this.
  13. ag18
    Does anyone of you friendly folks here on this thread have experience with the various MMCX Bluetooth cables that are currently on the market? If so, what’s the current consensus or recommendation? (Trying to avoid ending up with a drawer full of unused $60 cables, obviously...)

14. BananaOoyoo
    I’d recommend a short cable + earstudio ES100 over any of the common MMCX Bluetooth cables (Shure, Westone, Mee Audio).

ag18 likes this.
  15. Rowethren
    I use the ES100 with my K10s and can fully recommend it as well!

ag18 likes this.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last