1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. BananaOoyoo
    Not sure if there’s been any official word elsewhere on pricing yet, so...

Local price for the Rai Penta is 1,590,000KRW (~$1410), with a 10-day promo price of 1,272,000KRW (~$1130).

I’d expect the price internationally to be around that $1100 range.

singingbee likes this.
  2. singingbee
    If you get a chance to demo the rai penta can you compare them to the z1r and xv?

3. BananaOoyoo
    What's the XV? I might actually wait until next weekend to stop by and try it though, since the store hasn't gotten in the other IEMs I want to compare it with. (I'm doubtful Noble Khan will be there in a week, but the Z1R might be, seeing as it's officially released now)

4. singingbee
    Actually its the qdc vx.

5. BananaOoyoo
    Ah. I can try that one too, but it’s at a different store. (Actually, the Sony’s available at the Sony store already, but I don’t like trying to compare iems from different listening environments)

Also... Rai Penta sold out in a day. :)
    Talk about popular

6. singingbee
    Screenshot_2019-02-15-20-58-26.png

IneffableMusic and Wyville like this.
  7. BananaOoyoo
    Aesthetically, they’re on point (as expected). I like the final color more than the prototypes’.

0A78418B-70E8-401A-AAE9-18D402219F95.jpeg 74B23D97-3444-4705-9224-8C462B729DA5.jpeg

8. chungjun
    Penta looks so good! I am really hoping the sound is similarly on point too. Any initial impressions?

davidmolliere likes this.
  9. jmills8
    The totl iem has BA and a Dynamic driver ?

10. BananaOoyoo
    Yep. It's a penta hybird, with one DD and two dual-BA drivers.

11. jmills8
    I demoed it, great build, fits great. Laid back sound, nice deep bass, but it lacked a little in the treble.

bden59, singingbee and BananaOoyoo like this.
  12. davidmolliere
    Looks like something I might like a lot :D

Deftone likes this.
  13. Blackberry Jack
    Damn these look gorgeous, even nicer than Solaris. If they sound as good as they look and can compete with other hybrids in this price range - I know what I'll be buying at summer.

singingbee and PhilW like this.
  14. NovaFlyer
    Gave it a try at CanJam NYC today for about 10 minutes. Great ergonomics and great fit. Sound wise, it was very nice - it was neutral for me across the board for bass, mids and treble. Please take in mind that I'm new to high-end IEM and I do like bass (e.g. Solaris and Legend X). Will try to give it another listen tomorrow.

15. Deftone
    Yeah man keep the impressions coming, let us know about soundstage too.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last