Rage Against the Machine: Renegades
Aug 28, 2002 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
Anyone else listen to this disc? I like it a lot -- some great covers, and the live tracks are fun. Definitely one of their best efforts.

But whoever mixed this thing should be shot! I usually don't notice (much less whine about) these kinds of things, but the whole friggin' CD clips, especially in the supa-emphasized nether-frequencies. I really can't listen to the eighth track, "How I Could Just Kill a Man." It sounds like someone's using the mic as an extra drum or something.

Of course, I'm listening to it out of a portable's headphone jack, which might be having problems with the obviously artificial bass. But I doubt it -- I'm using Grado SR-80s and Sony V6s, with which I've had no previous problems.

At least the album sounds good on a cheap minisystem with the 'hard rock' EQ on. (It falls off the shelf with the bass boost on.)

kerelybonto

PS: By the way, why can't we use BBCode in the title? I want to be able to italicize album titles, dammit!

Aug 29, 2002 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 5
Renegades is a great album, it's not as good as the other RATM albums but still good. Street fighting man and Renegades of funk are really great tracks. I haven't noticed the problem you referred with the mixing, but I haven't listened to that album after I bought my SR-80's, maybe I should

Aug 30, 2002 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
Sellouts, grinch? When were they ever not?

I listen to music because I like it, not to "keep it real."

i really don't want to get started on this, but i'll just say that they suck and i'm happy i haven't gotten anything since "evil empire" and i'm glad that they broke up. i also really hope they never make any kind of comeback, whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back