Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 16, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #1,399 of 6,675
Normally 10 Euro would be a drop in the bucket, but its not at the moment. Can't answer for anyone else.

It's not likely that Amazon is going to ship it to you for free either so maybe you should be looking for something within your budget......

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #1,400 of 6,675
The Black skin on the app is amazing and what I was really looking for.

This app cannot stop amazing me about its usefulness every time.

I managed to figure out for sure eventually that my surface book has an apt-x support and not guessing about that.

I know nothing about balanced cables but I am start thinking now to buy some cheap balanced cables for my HD6XX, HE4XX and Meze classics because of this device. Therefore, I would be grateful to anyone that could suggest any reasonably priced options to me.

Jun 16, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #1,402 of 6,675
Jun 16, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #1,403 of 6,675

I managed to figure out for sure eventually that my surface book has an apt-x support and not guessing about that.

I know nothing about balanced cables but I am start thinking now to buy some cheap balanced cables for my HD6XX, HE4XX and Meze classics because of this device. Therefore, I would be grateful to anyone that could suggest any reasonably priced options to me.

For the Meze it's extremely hard to find a cheap one iirc. Their connections are extremely narrow so standard 2.5mm won't fit them.

For the HE400i and HD650 I've bought my cables for both of them from Venture Electronics and I'm very happy with them Iirc I paid around $50 for both of them and shipping.....

Jun 16, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #1,404 of 6,675
For the Meze it's extremely hard to find a cheap one iirc. Their connections are extremely narrow so standard 2.5mm won't fit them.

For the HE400i and HD650 I've bought my cables for both of them from Venture Electronics and I'm very happy with them Iirc I paid around $50 for both of them and shipping.....

Thanks so much I really appreciate it. I will check the cables from them.

Just to make sure, you mean 50$ for each one or for two cables for both these two models. In any case the price seems reasonable and I will check this company.

Do you also know if the aforementioned balanced cables work with other products (ifi audio DACs)?
Please Excuse my ignorance and thanks so much for your answer again. If it was not for the es100 I would never be interested for balanced cables.

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,405 of 6,675
Hi WS,

I am a new customer and received the unit today and am really happy with the product.

Without reading the instruction, I insert ie800’s 2.5mm to the 2.5 balance output on es100 and selected 2.5mm normal mode and played music for like 30 seconds.(both left and right ear has sound but with some zzz sound in high frequency and I stopped)

May I ask if it will damage to the amp right away in this 30 seconds?

Thank you for your reply in advanced.

It's OK, as long as you can hear the sound. (It's all or nothing.)
No worry!
Thanks,
WS

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #1,406 of 6,675
Just to remind everybody what you meant:
I would find this useful as well. I can even imagine people buying an extra ES100 for the car this way.

@rkw, @PiSkyHiFi:

Actually, we've already noted the suggested Car Mode well at the beginning.
We couldn't figure out how to make it yet, assuming the current HW and FW architectures.
And I found an idea last night:

- disable the built-in battery charger forcibly
- fully discharge the battery (once)
- then, ES100 might work only with USB Power Input.

Just my thought, not yet tested.
Let me check the feasibility when I get back to work next Monday.

Have a nice weekend!
WS

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #1,407 of 6,675
Amazon needs to hurry up. I wan't one now! It's been a month or more, since they where notified to change their settings for selling to other countries... really bad customer service, on their (Amazon's) behalf. :triportsad:

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do other than just waiting for Amazon's call.
To all ES100 users here,
May I ask you to write a short review on Amazon ES100?
Any comment would be appreciated.
Good and/or bad, anything would be fine.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

Jun 16, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #1,408 of 6,675
@rkw, @PiSkyHiFi:

Actually, we've already noted the suggested Car Mode well at the beginning.
We couldn't figure out how to make it yet, assuming the current HW and FW architectures.
And I found an idea last night:

- disable the built-in battery charger forcibly
- fully discharge the battery (once)
- then, ES100 might work only with USB Power Input.

Just my thought, not yet tested.
Let me check the feasibility when I get back to work next Monday.

Have a nice weekend!
WS

@wslee

I know it's not my business to tell you how to run yours.... I admit I assumed it wouldn't be difficult to implement the car mode until I saw the fw upgrade that brought the "Auto Power Off when Charger Connected" mode - that complicates the logic of choosing a simple car mode or an off while charging mode... they conflict, but I can see a solution by making the 2 options mutually exclusive in the app, a 3 way switch, A, B or neither.

It seems to me that simply polling the state of the charging port for an attached charger that is not a data cable and storing the state of this in the settings storage are the only prerequisites - if I'm wrong, that explains why it's going to be a tricky one.

The other thing I will say is that if the ES100 uses a LiPo battery then discharging the battery fully and then allowing it to just sit that way is not good for the battery (nor is leaving it fully charged for a long period either) it will just degrade the battery a lot faster than cycling it or leaving it at an ideal storage voltage of about 3.85 volts... If killing the battery is the only way to implement a car mode, then it's probably not worth it. I still want the option to use the battery too!

If you find a solution that works, I'd astroturf 100 Amazon reviews for you! (no, just kidding. That's a joke guys... Radsone deserves more respect than that.)

Keep us posted

Jun 16, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #1,409 of 6,675

I believe there is a cheap balanced cable for Meze on eBay. The genuine Meze balanced cables are $200. I had mine custom made by Triton Audio and was procee in the middle (thanks to a discount on the cable)

Jun 16, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #1,410 of 6,675
I believe there is a cheap balanced cable for Meze on eBay. The genuine Meze balanced cables are $200. I had mine custom made by Triton Audio and was procee in the middle (thanks to a discount on the cable)
Thanks a lot. I will check both these solutions. I think superuser1 has a cheap balanced cable that works with ifi micro black but I am not sure if this cable works with es100 as well since I heard from zeo that ifi uses something different for balanced. To find a cable that I can use in both combinations would be ideal.

The Meze balanced cable is astonishingly beautiful but 200€ is too much for me, I bought the HD6XX with that money. As Wslee said in a previous post does not need to be expensive only balanced. And if I like balanced I will use 3 different ones for 3 different headphones so better to be cheap. Many thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back