Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #1,382 of 6,675
Released minor F/W update v1.2.2
- Added LED control options
- Minor stability enhancement

Also, updated EarStudio App with black skin.

Edit: iOS app will be available tomorrow after Apple review process.

Thanks,
WS

Thanks! This will make it much more pleasant to use when its dark :)

I really don't wanna complain considering the awesome support, but is it possible for the LED to only blink when you disconnect/connect/charge? With possible i mean if its an easy fix, if it takes to long its better to focus on something else.

I suppose this was not the huge update as you talked about earlier?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #1,383 of 6,675
Thanks! This will make it much more pleasant to use when its dark :)

I really don't wanna complain considering the awesome support, but is it possible for the LED to only blink when you disconnect/connect/charge? With possible i mean if its an easy fix, if it takes to long its better to focus on something else.

I suppose this was not the huge update as you talked about earlier?

Let us check if what you mentioned is feasible or not.
Of course, this is just a minor update and the next would be huge, I hope.
Thanks!

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #1,384 of 6,675

Thanks,
WS
Another great update to make this wonderful device even better.
Well done Wslee and all at radsone.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, your level of customer support is outstanding and one I have rarely come across.
I take my hat of to you all. Great job.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #1,385 of 6,675
Love the new theme, and the 1.2.2 update.

One little suggestion, similar to C_Lindberg's. A Blue LED flash when powered on....then a Red LED flash as it powers off. Of course this being an optional setting after the initial setup out of the box, and the user is then controlling the ES100 with the app.

Jun 15, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #1,387 of 6,675
Would it be possible to be able to change the name of the "Pre-1" EQ setting? I save different EQ for different headphones and i forget wich is wich when they are named 1-4.

Thank you for a great product!

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #1,388 of 6,675

Thanks,
WS
Hi WS,

I am a new customer and received the unit today and am really happy with the product.

Without reading the instruction, I insert ie800’s 2.5mm to the 2.5 balance output on es100 and selected 2.5mm normal mode and played music for like 30 seconds.(both left and right ear has sound but with some zzz sound in high frequency and I stopped)

May I ask if it will damage to the amp right away in this 30 seconds?

Thank you for your reply in advanced.

Attachments

• CAB1BB1B-7E00-44D2-8CAF-6071FB9E0070.jpeg
    CAB1BB1B-7E00-44D2-8CAF-6071FB9E0070.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 16, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #1,389 of 6,675
Everyone was so busy trying to make a relevant codec discussion into an argument that my feature request of a car mode got lost and remains unimplemented.

Anyone that does want a car mode or just to use AptX HD in their home as well as on the go, there are other options now.

As far as the Chinese manufacturers are concerned, AptX HD is just Bluetooth 5.0, all that matters to them is that it must be better than Bluetooth 4.2 to advertise:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/APT...al-optical-digital-interface/32854908534.html

If I can't get a car mode added to the ES100 app, then I'll just have to combine the above with a portable SPDIF DAC.

There maybe an ES100 for sale soon.

Jun 16, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #1,391 of 6,675
Digging the black theme a lot

Would it be possible to add a custmizable widget for the app? Maybe an EQ presets widget?

I’ve been using the ES100 for about 25 hours a week at work and charging twice a week with balanced output through my Andromedas and its awesome. I really just need to invest in a short cable but the ES100 has quickly become a part of my EDC daily gear. I think I’d actually turn around and drive back home if I forgot it.

Anyways just thought I’d gush a bit on topic.

Jun 16, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #1,392 of 6,675
People might not be aware of this, but this ES100 was one of the first devices to use AptX HD and a better than average DAC and amp combo in a portable device, or any device for that matter.

Now the market is becoming flooded with support for this codec, I just wanted to say that the reason I bought it is because they put the hard work in to implement noise shaping and DSP features that centre around the use of the CSR 8675 chip-set.

If I wasn't trying to make good use of AptX HD, I probably wouldn't have chosen this device at all.

The mods could learn a thing or 2 about what this device is about, so take their opinions about the relevance of a codec discussion on this device with a grain of salt, it isn't all this vs. that, it's supposed to be about sound evolving sound quality and this device was at the leading edge of it.

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #1,393 of 6,675
Everyone was so busy trying to make a relevant codec discussion into an argument that my feature request of a car mode got lost and remains unimplemented.
Just to remind everybody what you meant:
My feature request is a car mode - just a simple mode that allows the USB charging to act as the on/off switch too, so that it powers up and down with the car automatically.
I would find this useful as well. I can even imagine people buying an extra ES100 for the car this way.

Jun 16, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #1,395 of 6,675
Hi there, I read this thread from the beginning and looking for the earstudio on Amazon now and then, still no possibility to ship it to Czech Republic, should I wait or forget and buy something available? This device really amazes me, but the availibility not :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back