Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 31, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #121 of 6,675
Just ordered mine as well (following WS assurance that these are of a newer stock). From what I have read so far, I am sure that this is the best pick for now, far better than the Bluewave Get which suffers from high hiss with sensitive IEMs.
Waiting now for it to arrive early February.
Thanks for all the information on this thread (especialy WS elaborated explanations).

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #125 of 6,675
ES100 F/W update v1.1.4 released and available now.

As you guys pointed out, we've added new features below:

- Added Ambient Sound On/Off by long key operation
- Changed vol +/- short-key step to 0.5dB from previous 2.0dB
(vol +/- long key step is 2.0dB, same as before)

Also, DAC Oversample Rate Option (1x/2x/4x) is provided with v1.1.4.

The new iOS/Android applications for F/W v1.1.4 are also available.
Please update the mobile app as well to keep up with the new functionalities.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #126 of 6,675

Are these ES100s from Amazon, the latest Hardware version?

Thanks

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #129 of 6,675
Are these ES100s the latest HW version?

Thanks

There's NO difference in HW between each Lot.
Nothing has been changed/revised.
2nd lot of MP(Mass Production) will be all the same as the first lot, and the upcoming next lot would also be identical.
The only reason why we tag the LOT number is for the Quality Control.

FYI,
As we've already passed FCC and other certification,
we are not allowed to change/revise the device for sales and distribution anymore by the law unless otherwise, we get the further certification on it.

Also, as Technical Director of Radsone, Inc., I can assure there's not even single change so far, except F/W version.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #131 of 6,675
Wond
There's NO difference in HW between each Lot.
Nothing has been changed/revised.
2nd lot of MP(Mass Production) will be all the same as the first lot, and the upcoming next lot would also be identical.
The only reason why we tag the LOT number is for the Quality Control.

FYI,
As we've already passed FCC and other certification,
we are not allowed to change/revise the device for sales and distribution anymore by the law unless otherwise, we get the further certification on it.

Also, as Technical Director of Radsone, Inc., I can assure there's not even single change so far, except F/W version.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Thanks WSLEE and sorry for nagging on that HW issue.
It was not clear when people here were referring to 1st lot. I was burnt once on a different but similar Kickstarter initiative when receiving a pre-production unit

Thanks again for the kind clarification.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #132 of 6,675
So I've been following the FW updates up to 1.1.4 - Thank you for the feature additions. The volume step being smaller does mean you may have to keep pressing a few times occasionally, but the extra precision is welcome.
The switch between Ambient Mode and Normal is well implemented, a side effect is that when you turn it off this way with the long press on the track forward key, you can hear the physical click of the button through the headphones... it's actually just part of the feedback from the mic that helps you get the mic volume right, so it's not an issue, it's still a very useful feature. Actually having the ability to control the Ambient mode from the ES100 means I'm less likely to use my smart watch to control the volume anyway now - if I do it all on the ES100, I have precise volume and more features plus I won't be using digital volume control prior to encoding.

There doesn't appear to be any sound glitches any more, the HD jitter correction must have been fixed at some point.

I understand you may use the volume keys to implement a kind of write-through volume control that follows on and adjusts the analog volume control from the phone at some point.... that would be welcome in my opinion.

The oversampling is fine, although I would have thought the DCT would be preferable for ironing out sub-sampling issues.

The App is possibly a little more stable and less power hungry than before, but that might have been something else doing that to my phone in the first place, so I'm not certain.

Thanks!

Feb 1, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #133 of 6,675
Just one more suggestion... have a car option, that will turn itself off when power is cut and wait a few seconds before allowing "auto on when power connected" to work again.

I don't know if you are willing to do another firmware update release, but if you do, add that feature in to the app and the device please.

Thanks.

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #134 of 6,675
Yeah... I also got it off Indiegogo and managed to get mine just before Christmas. It's great.
It has to be one of the best Bluetooth receiver I have used to date. And the EarStudio app it comes with it great at controlling all things just like PiSkyHiFi said.
Battery lasts quite a while as well... so glad I got one... better yet, so glad I got mine! $50 is a great price on this...

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #135 of 6,675

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Very happy with the the new firmware enhancements and app update. The DFU update went smoothly on my new laptop. Kudos to your team and responsiveness to member/customer input, WS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back