Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 23, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #1,249 of 6,675
I really like my ES100. And I so much appreciate how responsive and active the app is being updated and maintained. Great work @wslee !!

I am using this device not only for music but for a lot of long conference calls and the amount of settings I can change (like the microphone levels and sensitivity) are often priceless.

Am super happy with my purchase.

Cheers!!

May 24, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #1,250 of 6,675
hello guys, i am curently with no DAP anymore and i was evaluating this little gem.
Did someone of you tried it vs. some proper DAP in order to test the difference in quality ?
for example a Pioneer xdp 300 maybe...in wired and not..
i could use my Iphone x with aac or huawei p10 with aptx hd codec.

May 24, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,251 of 6,675
hello guys, i am curently with no DAP anymore and i was evaluating this little gem.
Did someone of you tried it vs. some proper DAP in order to test the difference in quality ?

I've only had it for two weeks but am solidly impressed. It's really going to depend on what you're looking for:

If you want something bluetooth enabled, that sounds IMO better or equal to everything I've heard in its price-range, I would pull the trigger. From this thread, the responsiveness and feedback from the designer is also pretty notable given the complementary app (which I also have found to be excellent).

Understanding what to expect, and knowing that the purpose of the ES100 was namely to bring a flexible, wireless option to those looking for something convenient to drive their favorite headphones on the go, I can't imagine someone being disappointed.

Hope that helps.

May 24, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #1,252 of 6,675
I agree with @guiffre

I haven't used a DAP ever but I've used the ES100 for a few months now with the CFA Lyra II, Andromeda, Sennheiser IE80S, and Westone W30 and I can't imagine anyone being disappointed in the quality of audio. I use it as a portable device of course and so I may not be listening as critically as I do when I'm at home with my HD800S and home setup but I think the ES100 brings my Andromeda's to near their full potential and that is wireless. It was also able to drive my HD800S and while not quite as well as it needs it was decent and more than loud enough for me.

May 25, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #1,255 of 6,675
Good deal on Amazon. Too bad they don't send it worldwide / @wslee

May 25, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,256 of 6,675
@wslee My replacement unit is in the UK, delivery is due by FedEx on Tuesday. I just hope that I don’t get stung for taxes and import duty as it was f.o.c ?

May 25, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #1,260 of 6,675
Huh, I just discovered via someone's amazon review that it sounds better with DCT fully off.
It depends.

With the Andro, dct noticeably dulls the sound, the treble loses its magic.

With the Vega I haven’t been able to tell a difference.

Just test it out and go with what sounds best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back