Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 1, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #991 of 6,675
I am still having issues with my EarStudio as I cannot change anything on the Audio Output Mode page (where one selects the type of output, SE, Bal, 2x, etc.) It is greyed out and whenever I try to return via the back arrow, the app stops. This happens on v1.17 and also on the latest v1.19 firmware. I think my app is the latest version as it updated fairly recently. Anyone else having this problem?

May 1, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #992 of 6,675
I am still having issues with my EarStudio as I cannot change anything on the Audio Output Mode page (where one selects the type of output, SE, Bal, 2x, etc.) It is greyed out and whenever I try to return via the back arrow, the app stops. This happens on v1.17 and also on the latest v1.19 firmware. I think my app is the latest version as it updated fairly recently. Anyone else having this problem?
Maybe you have the output lock on?

May 3, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #993 of 6,675

Do you still have the issue?
Can you send us the screenshot of the app? (to: support@radsone.com)
FYI,
When 3.5mm jack is connected, you cannot select any of the 2.5mm output modes.
The 2.5mm balance mode can be selected only in case 3.5mm jack unplugged.
Please contact support@radsone.com, if any issue with ES100.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

May 3, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #994 of 6,675
Do you still have the issue?
Can you send us the screenshot of the app? (to: support@radsone.com)
FYI,
When 3.5mm jack is connected, you cannot select any of the 2.5mm output modes.
The 2.5mm balance mode can be selected only in case 3.5mm jack unplugged.
Please contact support@radsone.com, if any issue with ES100.
Thanks and Regards,
WS
After much testing and experimentation, I found the issue for some reason only happens with my Galaxy S4 phone despite using the latest firmware and app version. My ES100 and App are working just fine with other sources.

May 4, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #997 of 6,675
Anyone have a recommendation for a female 2.5mm to 3.5mm male adapter I can use?

I have my balanced 2.5mm cable to connect to my EarStudio, but when I want to connect to a 3.5mm input is like not to have to switch entire cables.

I did order 2 separate ones from AliExpress however that was over a month ago and still haven’t received them. Luckily they were about $3 a piece so not a big deal.

May 4, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #998 of 6,675
Anyone have a recommendation for a female 2.5mm to 3.5mm male adapter I can use?

I have my balanced 2.5mm cable to connect to my EarStudio, but when I want to connect to a 3.5mm input is like not to have to switch entire cables.

I did order 2 separate ones from AliExpress however that was over a month ago and still haven’t received them. Luckily they were about $3 a piece so not a big deal.

Just a word of advice please make sure that the 2.5mm female side is trrs otherwise you may damage your IEM's. @ $3 on Aliexpress I'd be very careful.

This is the type you're going to need (the first option):
https://penonaudio.com/fidue-2.5mm-balanced-adapter.html?search=2.5%20mm%20adapter

Venture Electronics have some cheap ones that doesn't look as nice but they work perfectly fine. Iirc they're $5 plus shipping.

May 4, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #999 of 6,675
Just a word of advice please make sure that the 2.5mm female side is trrs otherwise you may damage your IEM's. @ $3 on Aliexpress I'd be very careful.

This is the type you're going to need (the first option):
https://penonaudio.com/fidue-2.5mm-balanced-adapter.html?search=2.5%20mm%20adapter

Venture Electronics have some cheap ones that doesn't look as nice but they work perfectly fine. Iirc they're $5 plus shipping.

Whoa, thank you very much Peter! Good thing they are delayed (or lost) and that I didn’t use them already. I am not sure what I bought.

Regarding that link, does it make a difference which version I get between 3.5mm Male it 3.5mm Balanced Male?

It doesn’t seem to change the price, though I don’t know that anything I would connect into 3.5mm would be balanced.

May 4, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #1,000 of 6,675
Whoa, thank you very much Peter! Good thing they are delayed (or lost) and that I didn’t use them already. I am not sure what I bought.

Regarding that link, does it make a difference which version I get between 3.5mm Male it 3.5mm Balanced Male?

It doesn’t seem to change the price, though I don’t know that anything I would connect into 3.5mm would be balanced.

No worries. Some brands (Hifiman and LH Labs for example) uses 3.5mm balanced output on their players/DACs but to use your 2.5mm terminated balanced cable with a phone or any other single ended source you'd need the regular 3.5mm male. I hope that makes sense.

May 4, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #1,002 of 6,675
I just ordered one. I also have a balanced cable question.
I have a Trinity iem which has a 3.5mm female balanced end.
What is the shortest cable I can use? I assume I would need a 2.5 to 3.5 male to male balanced cable.

May 4, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #1,003 of 6,675
I just ordered one. I also have a balanced cable question.
I have a Trinity iem which has a 3.5mm female balanced end.
What is the shortest cable I can use? I assume I would need a 2.5 to 3.5 male to male balanced cable.

This is the best option I've found for my Icarus III so far. Haven't bought one yet since I don't use the Icarus much but I'm still considering it....

May 4, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #1,005 of 6,675

Users who are viewing this thread

Back