Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 24, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #916 of 6,675
which type of cable is it? How's the softness/flexibility?

Check post #873 in this thread for the exact configuration that I ordered.

It's soft and flexible (I'd say average) and I've got no problem wearing the IEM's over the ears with it.

Apr 24, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #918 of 6,675
Finally, this cable is just what I wanted except for being black but that's not a big deal for me so I'm quite happy now:

Looks good all right - I felt a tinge of envy there for a moment lol!

Someone mentioned that the spc cable is "springy", so as abrody asked, how is the softness/flexibility? No problem using it over ears?
edit: I just read your response to abrody. good stuff.

Also, where do you plan on clipping the ES100? On your shirt collar? If so, I am wondering if it would make sense to get an even shorter cable, like 35cm or 40cm (I guess I could figure that one out myself lol).

Anyway, even though I have the below cable coming, I'm still considering the VE "spc" or "expresso" cable for a shorter variant.

yinwoo-20180420.jpg

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #919 of 6,675

Someone mentioned that the spc cable is "springy", so as abrody asked, how is the softness/flexibility? No problem using it over ears?

Also, where do you plan on clipping the ES100? On your shirt collar? If so, I am wondering if it would make sense to get an even shorter cable, like 35cm or 40cm (I guess I could figure that one out myself lol).

Anyway, even though I have the below cable coming, I'm still considering the VE "spc" or "expresso" cable for a shorter variant.

That cable looks nice as well.

I use polo shirts quite a lot and like clipping the ES100 between the buttons. I also figured that it's better to have 10 cm too much rather 10 cm too little :wink:

It's a lot softer/møte flexible than the Litz cable for sure. It's similar to the Zen cable in flexibility iirc.

I like this cable and I'll probably order one more with 2-pin connectors for the ASG-1PLUS and Big Dipper.

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #920 of 6,675
That cable looks nice as well.

I use polo shirts quite a lot and like clipping the ES100 between the buttons. I also figured that it's better to have 10 cm too much rather 10 cm too little :wink:

It's a lot softer/møte flexible than the Litz cable for sure. It's similar to the Zen cable in flexibility iirc.

I like this cable and I'll probably order one more with 2-pin connectors for the ASG-1PLUS and Big Dipper.

Good point about the length lol! And yes, the zen 2 cable is flexible enough for sure.

Would you ever consider getting one with the expresso cable?

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #921 of 6,675
Good point about the length lol! And yes, the zen 2 cable is flexible enough for sure.

Would you ever consider getting one with the expresso cable?

Yeah but I don't like the color :wink: Seriously though, the espresso cable is probably even a bit more soft and flexible but I've had it get stuck in things (because of the braided design) a couple of times (I've got a few of them both for IEM's and on a couple of different Monks). Then again that probably won't be be an issue for such a short one. But that color ha ha....

Edit: I'm pretty sure I'd choose the spc cable again, I really like feel of it.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #922 of 6,675
Yeah but I don't like the color :wink: Seriously though, the espresso cable is probably even a bit more soft and flexible but I've had it get stuck in things (because of the braided design) a couple of times (I've got a few of them both for IEM's and on a couple of different Monks). Then again that probably won't be be an issue for such a short one. But that color ha ha....

Edit: I'm pretty sure I'd choose the spc cable again, I really like feel of it.

Great, thanks.

Apr 24, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #923 of 6,675

https://www.amazon.com/Extension-**...4589500&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=****+mmcx&psc=1

I have this **** cable that I was using with my W30 and it worked pretty well and especially for the price. I found that it worked about as well as my stock Westone unbalanced cable so I liked it. I tried using it with my Lyra II and Andromeda and didn't get quite as good results so it will stay with the W30. Overall the construction is surprisingly well done. The cable is flexible but feels durable and the connectors seem to be of good quality. I got a different one than the one you ordered but I was pleasantly surprised with what I got from ****.

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #928 of 6,675
Very impressed with this. Aptx HD from end to end. The app is polished and works very well. One of the best $99 spent in this hobby. BT has come a long way when just a few years ago, I shunned at it. Today, walking the dog was highly gratifying and the ambient feature works very well at busy intersections.

While I don't have Aptx HD to try, I agree with everything else entirely.

Apr 25, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #929 of 6,675
Hi all. Can someone please ELI5 the differences between these DAC Filters like Sharp or Slow Roll-Off, and then the ones with Short Delay?

I have been switching between them and I think I notice some differences but not entirely sure. I’m trying to possibly find a setting that would make he music sound the most musical / realistic, possibly even “warm” if that makes any sense?

I currently am running 2.5mm Balanced 1x Power with my LZ A4’s. Thank you!

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #930 of 6,675
Hi all. Can someone please ELI5 the differences between these DAC Filters like Sharp or Slow Roll-Off, and then the ones with Short Delay?

I have been switching between them and I think I notice some differences but not entirely sure. I’m trying to possibly find a setting that would make he music sound the most musical / realistic, possibly even “warm” if that makes any sense?

I currently am running 2.5mm Balanced 1x Power with my LZ A4’s. Thank you!

In the app there is a ? button that gives you some small explanation about the different filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back