Radsone EarStudio ES100
Mar 7, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #391 of 6,675
I have looked for the past couple of weeks for something like this and only last night did I see the listing on Amazon. I have been debating with getting the SB E3, the Bluewave GET, the Fiio BTR1, and a bunch more. I have never heard of Radsone or Earstudio before so I was very skeptical of the company and the device but I saw all the features I wanted in one device and just decided to try it out. Only today did I actually look this up at head-fi and find this post and I have to say, seeing the massive presence of an Earstudio rep with so much knowledge and willingness to take feedback has made me very confident in my purchase and even more excited to get my order.

One thing that did bother me on the the Amazon listing was in the questions section where a question was answered by a "seller" from Turkey regarding the battery:
----------------
"Question:
Eventually, lithium battereis fail. Is the battery replaceable or will this device be unusable after the battery fails?

Answer:
The original battery can not be replaced has a two year life
By kostak SELLER on March 6, 2018
"
-----------------

While I don't imagine the battery is meant to be user replaceable, I would imagine the battery would maybe still hold 60-80% of the original charge after two years of use. I just thought that was strange coming from a seller that wasn't actually Radsone and even though most people would expect the life of the battery to of course exceed 2 years, some might actually think the product lifespan will be literally only two years.

Anyways, I'm happy to have found this thread and very excited to try it out soon.

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #392 of 6,675
Just received my Massdrop Plus IEMs. They sound very good with this amp. I didnt like the stock cables so I quickly made a balanced cable for it and I'm really enjoying this combination. I am happy with my traveling openback (iSine) and isolation (MD+) setup with the ES100.

I'm still in shock that I find AptX HD bluetooth streaming sounds so good compared to what bluetooth used to sound like back in the stone ages of my Sony-Ericsson MW600 and Ericsson (before Sony!) MH100 adapters.

IMG_20180307_141213.jpg

Mar 7, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #393 of 6,675
I have looked for the past couple of weeks for something like this and only last night did I see the listing on Amazon. I have been debating with getting the SB E3, the Bluewave GET, the Fiio BTR1, and a bunch more. I have never heard of Radsone or Earstudio before so I was very skeptical of the company and the device but I saw all the features I wanted in one device and just decided to try it out. Only today did I actually look this up at head-fi and find this post and I have to say, seeing the massive presence of an Earstudio rep with so much knowledge and willingness to take feedback has made me very confident in my purchase and even more excited to get my order.

One thing that did bother me on the the Amazon listing was in the questions section where a question was answered by a "seller" from Turkey regarding the battery:
----------------
"Question:
Eventually, lithium battereis fail. Is the battery replaceable or will this device be unusable after the battery fails?

Answer:
"
-----------------

While I don't imagine the battery is meant to be user replaceable, I would imagine the battery would maybe still hold 60-80% of the original charge after two years of use. I just thought that was strange coming from a seller that wasn't actually Radsone and even though most people would expect the life of the battery to of course exceed 2 years, some might actually think the product lifespan will be literally only two years.

Anyways, I'm happy to have found this thread and very excited to try it out soon.

I would imagine the battery would last longer than 2 years. My old Sony Ericsson MW600 BT adapter still works fine and that's almost 8 years old now. I didnt use it for several years but it still does work. I tried it recently for fun. Still like the FM radio and display feature in it.

Mar 7, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #394 of 6,675
I would imagine the battery would last longer than 2 years. My old Sony Ericsson MW600 BT adapter still works fine and that's almost 8 years old now. I didnt use it for several years but it still does work. I tried it recently for fun. Still like the FM radio and display feature in it.
Yeah I would expect the battery to lose some capacity over time but work to some extent for years and years. I just thought the answer given from the seller might be misleading to some who didnt know better.

I think a user replaceable battery would be nice or to have a replacement service but at the rate of advancement in tech I would think in two years we might want the newer version anyways. A replaceable battery is always nice in case you forgot to charge your device and run out of juice but I understand the logistics of that can add a degree of difficulty to production.

Yeah I have an old Ericsson phone that I didn't use for well over a year and it actually powered up with 25% battery. The same with an old NIntendo DS.

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #395 of 6,675
Quick question, so if I use the EQ on this device with my v20, the EQ will apply to all sound passing through the ES100?

In other words, if I apply bass boost to the ES100 app EQ, the EQ setting will apply to both Tidal and my phones built in player?

Also, does the ES100 save the EQ setting? So if I plug it in to another device, will I also need the app on the other device, or will it continue applying the previously used EQ setting?

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #396 of 6,675
Quick question, so if I use the EQ on this device with my v20, the EQ will apply to all sound passing through the ES100?

In other words, if I apply bass boost to the ES100 app EQ, the EQ setting will apply to both Tidal and my phones built in player?
Yes.

Also, does the ES100 save the EQ setting? So if I plug it in to another device, will I also need the app on the other device, or will it continue applying the previously used EQ setting?

You can control it from the App and the profile will be saved as the default inside the ES100 when you make changes or turn off ES100. When it is turned back on, defaults are loaded and the App is supposed to load the settings from the device when it connects, but may need to be reconnected to the device if you have more than one ES100.

It seems to do a smart swap if you do have 2 ES100 devices, you have one connected, switch the other on and the sound starts passing through the newly connected device.

You don't need to use the app once you have it setup once, so it can connect via bluetooth to devices without the app and still use its default profile that you configured previously.

I think unused EQ settings may not be stored in the ES100, but instead the app, so you can apply a preset and if you have more than one installation of the app, you can have different presets on all. I think the ES100 just knows its current EQ in the default profile. I might be wrong there, but that's what it seems to do.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #397 of 6,675
Yes.

You can control it from the App and the profile will be saved as the default inside the ES100 when you make changes or turn off ES100. When it is turned back on, defaults are loaded and the App is supposed to load the settings from the device when it connects, but may need to be reconnected to the device if you have more than one ES100.

It seems to do a smart swap if you do have 2 ES100 devices, you have one connected, switch the other on and the sound starts passing through the newly connected device.

You don't need to use the app once you have it setup once, so it can connect via bluetooth to devices without the app and still use its default profile that you configured previously.

I think unused EQ settings may not be stored in the ES100, but instead the app, so you can apply a preset and if you have more than one installation of the app, you can have different presets on all. I think the ES100 just knows its current EQ in the default profile. I might be wrong there, but that's what it seems to do.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Thank you very much for the answer!

Just so I'm sure I understand your second answer.

If I apply bass boost on my phones app, and then I disconnect (via BT or cable) the Earstudio from my phone and connect it to say... my laptop, or a DAP without the earstudio app. Will that bass boost still be present?

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #398 of 6,675
Thank you very much for the answer!

Just so I'm sure I understand your second answer.

If I apply bass boost on my phones app, and then I disconnect (via BT or cable) the Earstudio from my phone and connect it to say... my laptop, or a DAP without the earstudio app. Will that bass boost still be present?

I haven't performed that exact sequence, I've gone between 2 devices with the app and that's what I think it's doing.

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #400 of 6,675
Hi @wslee seeing as you're online would you mind telling me how long the short MMCX cables that were originally sold with the ES100 kickstarter were please? I need to get one made up but not sure what the ideal length is.

Thanks!

The cable from one end to the other is approx 20 inch when I measured

On Kickstarter:
2.5mm MMCX Cable Specification:
Japanese Brand: Uncommon (http://uncmn.jp) 19 inch
OFC (Oxygen-Free Copper) 99.99% (4N) purity conductor for high-quality earphones.

Pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycamz3xeha1yruq/AAC_xwY6edVKIYldrZSJLHi0a?dl=0

The battery can be replace if one can open the back and just solder the battery.

The battery is SL572035 3,7V 350mAh 1,295Wh , something like

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-lipo-battery-5-7-20_60707777567.html

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #402 of 6,675

Received mine today. I’m very happy with it so far. If my wife didn’t already think I was a dork.....

I find sometimes we have to remind them that we are in fact those same dorks they married lol

The battery can be replace if one can open the back and just solder the battery.

The battery is SL572035 3,7V 350mAh 1,295Wh , something like

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-lipo-battery-5-7-20_60707777567.html

I would probably be willing to if I needed to at some point or if there was a better larger capacity battery I could install. Thanks.

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #403 of 6,675
Just wanted to share that I finally received these 2-Pin 50cm cables https://www.aliexpress.com/item/cus...32852715561.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.TMCYTU

They work with both my iSine and Massdrop Plus IEMs and will probably work just fine with KZ and Noble Audio IEMs. I also ordered the DIY version with no connectors and will solder on my own. I already made a short cable but these look better than my DIY version haha. I will probably chop off the 3.5mm SE connector and put on a 2.5mm balanced for use with the ES100.

These are a good length for attaching to the ES100 (or BTR1 or similar device) to the upper front of your shirt.

Mar 8, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #404 of 6,675

----------------
"Question:

Answer:
"
-----------------

Thanks for the posting.

The answer above seems to be from the other unknown and we've made an official answer for that:

According to the specification of the battery in ES100,
the cycle life guarantees 300 cycles, keeping more than 80% at standard charge/discharge.
If you have it charged/discharged every other day, it seems the only 80% of the battery capacity will be available after two years.
But it doesn't mean it won't work at all after two years.
Also when connected to USB charger or PC, ES100 works with the power sourced from USB VBUS, not by the battery.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Regards,
WS

Mar 8, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #405 of 6,675
Thanks for the posting.

The answer above seems to be from the other unknown and we've made an official answer for that:

According to the specification of the battery in ES100,
the cycle life guarantees 300 cycles, keeping more than 80% at standard charge/discharge.
If you have it charged/discharged every other day, it seems the only 80% of the battery capacity will be available after two years.
But it doesn't mean it won't work at all after two years.
Also when connected to USB charger or PC, ES100 works with the power sourced from USB VBUS, not by the battery.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Regards,
WS
No problem. It seems mine shipped today too so I’m excited to get it. Also its nice that it doesn’t use the battery when plugged in. That’s a neat feature that will hopefully extend the life a bit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back