Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 29, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #3,961 of 6,675
Aluminum unibody? Great idea. Went from awesome Bluetooth receiver to make your jam session wireless to a run of the mill overpriced DAC cuz I gots to have dat AL! excuse me, do you use apple products?

that's not a bad idea. a tougher body for the ES100 is always a welcome. I cracked my ES100 when i put it in my pants pocket and bumped a a stone kitchen counter..and not a very hard bump at that. the Fiio BTR3 is a bit cheaper or more or less the same price as the ES100, but has a really solid feel to the case

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #3,962 of 6,675
We should separate our wishlists into two fields: improvements of the firmware and software for the current hw (short term probability, no further investment needed from customer side) - would like to see some or any feedback here from @wslee :wink:

Future hw design: we can be more flexible here giving radsone suggestions and let them decide based on our suggestions and hw capabilities, market trends, etc.

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #3,963 of 6,675
that's not a bad idea. a tougher body for the ES100 is always a welcome. I cracked my ES100 when i put it in my pants pocket and bumped a a stone kitchen counter..and not a very hard bump at that. the Fiio BTR3 is a bit cheaper or more or less the same price as the ES100, but has a really solid feel to the case

Or an end user replaceable shell or housing of the original internals. :)

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #3,964 of 6,675
Nope nope nope. No AI assistant. The ES100 is all about music and I like it like that. I would not mind it being 2 or 3 times bigger with more battery and/or clip being optional as in you can install it yourself. Heck, it could be a little bit thinner but definitely twice the size. A little more power would be great. While we are dreaming, a hint of modularity. 2 or 3 battery sizes to choose from, type of clip and since I like to dream big an antenna.

Part of the beauty of the ES100 is it's size . It is also a hindrance. The buttons could use a little more tact. Add shapes to the FF/Rew and vol ± and leave power button as is . I am sure everybody wants apt xx LL but I bet that license is more expensive.

And for the person earlier that was asked what they were filming. How a fake lens attachment so we can say we are snooping on kids or looking for predators snooping on kids .

Oh yeah. A nice option could be a high quality right angle headphone jack. As is, the ES100 would be a lot cooler if I had a nice right angle jack but I don't.
Siri/Google Assistant *capable*, when used with smart phone as transport, just like the FiiO BTR products.

And please please please...bigger, heavier is a different product. I run and bike with this unit clipped to my shirt collar. I don’t want to end up with something that has to be connected to a longer headphone cable and strapped to my arm or placed in my pocket. This unit is bigger than its competitors already.

And a resounding NO to aluminum unibody. The FiiO BTR3 has the same RF section as its less expensive stablemates, but for some reason...has MUCH worse RF performance. An external antenna would help, but back to size.

Jan 29, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #3,965 of 6,675
My wish for some future device would be a revolution:
Get rid of the A2DP standard !
Capture the (native highres) sound on the device (on Android it should be easy on iOS a kind of recording/audiobus whatever is needed) with your app and send it over some own protocol (maybe with flac as codec?) which doesn't limit you to some standard to the device.
So maybe classic core BT and BTLE with the high bitrates of BT 5 (yep, forget about backward compatibility - till development is finished everyone has it) can be bundled to get really high overall bitrates.
Yep, it would only work with newer smartphone and no other devices but that's what the most customers are using. No other source like TVs or whatever - these users have alredy more than enough devices to choose from

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #3,967 of 6,675
762EC66B-3FD4-4F04-AC01-E540557919B2.jpeg
You all have some very good suggestions and being a ES-100 owner, I think it is great now, but have a suggestion to make it spectacular from my perspective. Combine the electronics with a high quality cable and make it extremely portable and useful such as the pic above. I know it diminishes other aspects of the design but this is all I would need! :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #3,968 of 6,675
LMAO! Geez guys. That went over all of your heads. Aluminum would effectively ruin the wireless part. I know I know. My joke was lame but quite sure they went plastic for a reason. Still I would not mind it doubling or tripling in size to add more weight and battery life and the clip would become optional. Better yet a holster or DIY setup because I am quite sure between all of us there are about 12 different basic setups.

Jan 29, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #3,969 of 6,675
You all have some very good suggestions and being a ES-100 owner, I think it is great now, but have a suggestion to make it spectacular from my perspective. Combine the electronics with a high quality cable and make it extremely portable and useful such as the pic above. I know it diminishes other aspects of the design but this is all I would need! :wink:
Look into Aëdle’s Eole: https://www.aedle.net/en/products/eole/medallion

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #3,970 of 6,675
LMAO! Geez guys. That went over all of your heads. Aluminum would effectively ruin the wireless part. I know I know. My joke was lame but quite sure they went plastic for a reason. Still I would not mind it doubling or tripling in size to add more weight and battery life and the clip would become optional. Better yet a holster or DIY setup because I am quite sure between all of us there are about 12 different basic setups.
Don't worry, I got it. :) I was responding to all those who think there's a free lunch when it comes to industrial design. Or do we not remember Antennagate?

However, your idea sounds like an ES300. If this thing grows 3x, where do I wear it?

ES100_shirt_clip.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #3,974 of 6,675
The DAP conversion of the ES would be for another kind of device, the ES100 just needs a better battery, maybe a wider body to handle the batt and of course newer dacs with better amplifiers.
Also sturdier 3.5mm / 2.5mm inputs and buttons with a better layout to blind-identify them.

Yup. Improvements to an already wonderful device. Not a new device.

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #3,975 of 6,675
I now have a Samsung S6 running Android 9 Pie :)
Took a little work to get it working, and needs to be a rooted device
Here's the special stuff I needed to do to get data working
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78789254&postcount=375

Then you need to enable developer options, and you can change the BT codec, it defaulted to LDAC for me, so that's fine.
At some point I'll compare LDAC to aptx HD, but this is mainly for tidal streaming over cell so may not hear a diff.

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back