Radsone EarStudio ES100
Oct 21, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #3,106 of 6,675
Alright, there are indeed many of them, thanks!
With that many options to choose from i'm a bit confused about the difference in cores (4,6,8 or even 16?!) Hopefully its not too far offtopic: but is there a noticable difference? is there an indepth article about this somewhere? (google just gave me a lot of balanced vs. unbalanced comparisons).

Oct 21, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #3,108 of 6,675
Alright, there are indeed many of them, thanks!
With that many options to choose from i'm a bit confused about the difference in cores (4,6,8 or even 16?!) Hopefully its not too far offtopic: but is there a noticable difference? is there an indepth article about this somewhere? (google just gave me a lot of balanced vs. unbalanced comparisons).
Balanced cables are like burn in. Some believe and some don't. On that note, it can even go deeper where sometimes even when a believer you don't hear a difference.

Balanced tends to reduce cross talk so you get better imaging and separation, as well as a blacker background sometimes. I personally go no higher than 8 cores, don't see a point. Even between 4 and 8 I don't find an audible difference.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #3,109 of 6,675
I received this little beauty yesterday. Quite chore to upgrade the firmware via Mac but all done now.

I have detected a slight rattle inside the device, it doesn’t seem to be impacting performance but does concern me.

Anyone else experience this?

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #3,110 of 6,675
I received this little beauty yesterday. Quite chore to upgrade the firmware via Mac but all done now.

I have detected a slight rattle inside the device, it doesn’t seem to be impacting performance but does concern me.

Anyone else experience this?

I have the rattle, too. I believe it's one of the buttons that is loose while you shake it. Try putting your finger on one of the buttons while shaking it and see if it goes away.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #3,111 of 6,675
I've had the earstudio unit for awhile because i wanted to use my audio cable for wireless listening as well as connected to the chord mojo (as opposed to getting a short Bluetooth wire with mmcx connectors). After many hours of listening (literally falling asleep with them using my shure se846s), this device is incredible despite the "limitations" of Bluetooth transmission. Not only can you customize EQ settings (i turn mine off bc if sounds better to me, but in my car i do use bass boost), but you also have very fine control over the volume as well (i use tidal streaming via iPhone X).

The clip isn't the strongest, and it could benefit from a 360 deg rotating clip, but I'm really nitpicking here. I actually think earstudio sounds better than the chord mojo--at least for the SE846s. Cleaner sound and wider soundstage to me (mojo can make them sound a tad muddy/heavy).

One thing I would definitely recommend is getting a balanced cable like one from Plussound. This makes a tremendous difference if you have discriminating ears. Noise floor is much lower, background totally black, and the quality of the music delivery is totally engrossing. I've literally refused to sleep because i wanted to continue listening, which for a wireless unit, is impressive.

Firmware upgrade was tricky to figure out on a Mac but you MUST do this to hear the benefits. I almost returned them bc i didnt wanted to bother with figuring out the firmware. Glad I didn't. Its worth every penny.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #3,112 of 6,675
I've had the earstudio unit for awhile because i wanted to use my audio cable for wireless listening as well as connected to the chord mojo (as opposed to getting a short Bluetooth wire with mmcx connectors). After many hours of listening (literally falling asleep with them using my shure se846s), this device is incredible despite the "limitations" of Bluetooth transmission. Not only can you customize EQ settings (i turn mine off bc if sounds better to me, but in my car i do use bass boost), but you also have very fine control over the volume as well (i use tidal streaming via iPhone X).

The clip isn't the strongest, and it could benefit from a 360 deg rotating clip, but I'm really nitpicking here. I actually think earstudio sounds better than the chord mojo--at least for the SE846s. Cleaner sound and wider soundstage to me (mojo can make them sound a tad muddy/heavy).

One thing I would definitely recommend is getting a balanced cable like one from Plussound. This makes a tremendous difference if you have discriminating ears. Noise floor is much lower, background totally black, and the quality of the music delivery is totally engrossing. I've literally refused to sleep because i wanted to continue listening, which for a wireless unit, is impressive.

Firmware upgrade was tricky to figure out on a Mac but you MUST do this to hear the benefits. I almost returned them bc i didnt wanted to bother with figuring out the firmware. Glad I didn't. Its worth every penny.
Great comments. I said it before, and I'll say it again, the ES100 totally rocks! Can't get enough of it.

Oct 22, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #3,113 of 6,675
Balanced cables are like burn in. Some believe and some don't. On that note, it can even go deeper where sometimes even when a believer you don't hear a difference.

Balanced tends to reduce cross talk so you get better imaging and separation, as well as a blacker background sometimes. I personally go no higher than 8 cores, don't see a point. Even between 4 and 8 I don't find an audible difference.

I agree. I have a 6 core balanced from plus sound and it sounds fantastic. Maybe higher would be better but at that point it gets to be less value for your money IMO.

Oct 23, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #3,116 of 6,675
Can anyone point me at a 30cm balanced cable for sale? The only ones I can find are much too long. I bought one from someone on here a while back but one of the pins has broken and they’re not responding, also last time I broke it the cost to fix it was similar to a new cable from other sources. Don’t care what materials really as I can’t hear a difference. Thanks!

Oct 23, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #3,117 of 6,675
Can anyone point me at a 30cm balanced cable for sale? The only ones I can find are much too long. I bought one from someone on here a while back but one of the pins has broken and they’re not responding, also last time I broke it the cost to fix it was similar to a new cable from other sources. Don’t care what materials really as I can’t hear a difference. Thanks!

I have ordered a custom length cable from Forza Audio Works to go with my ES100 when it arrives but pretty much most custom cable shops will do any length you want if you ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back