Radsone EarStudio ES100
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #6,466 of 6,675
I must check out the BTR3K in detail again as I kinda just went past it and looked at the 2021 version of the BTR5... Thanks again for your heads up! Sorry you hate the 5K after getting it. Is it the lack of indication on the buttons you're annoyed with? (it's the main complaint I read)...
It's definitely the buttons, absolutely hate the physical interface of 5K.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #6,467 of 6,675
Hey guys, I recently got my ES100 MKII and run into an issue. When usint the 3.5mm output everything works fine, but when using the 2.5mm one I have something like white noise coming out of the left side, and only the left. I have tested 2 pair of headphones with the same result. I will test the cable when I get home, but I was wondering if somebody else have run into such issue.

Dec 1, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #6,468 of 6,675
Hey guys, I recently got my ES100 MKII and run into an issue. When usint the 3.5mm output everything works fine, but when using the 2.5mm one I have something like white noise coming out of the left side, and only the left. I have tested 2 pair of headphones with the same result. I will test the cable when I get home, but I was wondering if somebody else have run into such issue.
Make sure you have pushed the plug in securely. You would be surprised how many balanced jacks require an extra effort to seat the plug properly.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #6,469 of 6,675
Make sure you have pushed the plug in securely. You would be surprised how many balanced jacks require an extra effort to seat the plug properly.
Thanks for the reply! But after testing another cable and really pushing the connector in (there was no more room there), I still had that white noise issue. I have requested a refund from Amazon considering it does not charge up to 100 either, the batter remains at 80% forever, so I do believe I got a defective unit. This one was a renewed one, so I guess luck was not on my side.

The single-ended port works fine, but if you have any more insights on how I might be able to fix the unit I will welcome them gladly. I don't like to add to the already big electronic waste pile even more :)

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #6,470 of 6,675
it does not charge up to 100 either, the batter remains at 80% forever, so I do believe I got a defective unit. This one was a renewed one
It was probably set up that way by the previous owner. There is a setting in the app to charge only up to 80%, to preserve battery life.

Dec 3, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #6,471 of 6,675
It was probably set up that way by the previous owner. There is a setting in the app to charge only up to 80%, to preserve battery life.
You are absolutely right, at least the batter is not completely lost, but I still have that white nose issue on balanced. Another interesting thing I found, is that when I switch the "Audio output" mode for my 3.5mm output to "Normal Mode" I get white noise again, this time on both sides! This is starting to look more and more like a HW issue.

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #6,472 of 6,675
I heard as poor solder joints get old, there could be cracks formed and compromise in electrical conductivity could occur. Bad grounding in electrical circuit are known to cause irregular behaviors like noise. Some one could reflow the solder joints by the usb port and headphone jacks. But I am only speculating. Do realize there is risk involved.

I might add in this economy driven by perfection and efficiency, they may have cheapened out on the amount of solder used, because lead prices went up for instance.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #6,473 of 6,675
I heard as poor solder joints get old, there could be cracks formed and compromise in electrical conductivity could occur. Bad grounding in electrical circuit are known to cause irregular behaviors like noise. Some one could reflow the solder joints by the usb port and headphone jacks. But I am only speculating. Do realize there is risk involved.

I might add in this economy driven by perfection and efficiency, they may have cheapened out on the amount of solder used, because lead prices went up for instance.
Lead solder? I would be surprised if these devices weren’t RoHS compliant as most developed economies are banning lead based solder.

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #6,474 of 6,675

Hmmmm I was thinking on popping it open, but I have not been able to find a guide to do it. Have any of you guys been able to do it and put it back together afterwards?

Dec 19, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #6,477 of 6,675
Just a holiday shout out to Earstudio. Three years and four months from August 2018, and my ES100 is still kickin the tunes. Was a groundbreaking device which still provides an awesome experience to this day. Thanks for all the good times!

100% agree.

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #6,478 of 6,675
Just a holiday shout out to Earstudio. Three years and four months from August 2018, and my ES100 is still kickin the tunes. Was a groundbreaking device which still provides an awesome experience to this day. Thanks for all the good times!

Agreed! Only difference for me is that my first two stopped working. But that third one is still making me very happy! :)

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #6,479 of 6,675
Dug out my ES100 recently and it's still working a treat. Has anyone recently done a battery swap that can share details and part sku? Also wondering if anyone has ever tried modding in a usbc port.

Dec 21, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #6,480 of 6,675
Agreed! Only difference for me is that my first two stopped working. But that third one is still making me very happy! :)
I also had two ES100 die on me, the third one still works - but I don't use it due to poor ergonomics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back