Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 15, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #6,346 of 6,675
The ES100 does not support aptX Low Latency. LL requires an extra license fee and manufacturers often choose not to implement LL even when it is supported by the Bluetooth chip.

Do you own devices that transmit LL? If you do not, it is not a problem. LL never gained popularity and Qualcomm has retired it for their new products.

Wasn't LL good for watching movies and playing games?

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #6,347 of 6,675
Wasn't LL good for watching movies and playing games?
Yes, but my point is that to use LL, your television or game station must have an LL transmitter. If it doesn't transmit LL, then it doesn't matter that ES100 can't receive LL. If you do have an LL transmitter and want to utilize it, then choose a different receiver besides ES100.

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #6,348 of 6,675
Yes, but my point is that to use LL, your television or game station must have an LL transmitter. If it doesn't transmit LL, then it doesn't matter that ES100 can't receive LL. If you do have an LL transmitter and want to utilize it, then choose a different receiver besides ES100.

Yes but same goes for any codec -right ? Source needs to suport it . I was just reffering to LL being not popular -kinda surprising if it seems so handy for movies and games. Guess maybe Adaptive is replacing it ?

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #6,349 of 6,675
Yes but same goes for any codec -right ? Source needs to suport it . I was just reffering to LL being not popular -kinda surprising if it seems so handy for movies and games. Guess maybe Adaptive is replacing it ?

Yes, Aptx adaptive is the replacement although it's latency is a bit higher. I use a Sennheiser BT T100 transmitter (and a BTR5) with my TV specifically because of Aptx LL support.

I have yet to see any transmitters that support AptX adaptive.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #6,350 of 6,675
Yes, Aptx adaptive is the replacement although it's latency is a bit higher. I use a Sennheiser BT T100 transmitter (and a BTR5) with my TV specifically because of Aptx LL support.

I have yet to see any transmitters that support AptX adaptive.

Yeah I think I might grab Shanling UP4 instead of ES100. Shanling is also a bit more powerful -right ?

Jan 16, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #6,351 of 6,675
Yeah I think I might grab Shanling UP4 instead of ES100. Shanling is also a bit more powerful -right ?

I don't have an UP4, but the specs indicate it is more powerful.

Feb 6, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #6,352 of 6,675
Hi, I have a question to which if I receive an answer I would be very grateful, I know it is against any ideal of audiophilia, but for now I listen to music with smartphone honor 10 (it has a decent dac compared to others of other phones), and especially only on spotify, I also have tidal but the logarithm for searching for spotify unfortunately always gets the better of me, and I use the sony XBA-N3 so the iem. The question is whether for you under these conditions it is worth spending 100 euros (which for me at the moment are a lot) for the es100, considering that the volume and the driveability are not in the least a problem. I don't want to give you too much responsibility but according to the audio quality would it improve a lot? Thanks

Feb 6, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #6,353 of 6,675
Personally I think it's worth picking up the ES100 (or the Fiio BTR5) because it will sound better and the wireless capability is actually pretty convenient.

Don't apologize for using Spotify, it's good! I use it every day.

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #6,354 of 6,675
Personally I think it's worth picking up the ES100 (or the Fiio BTR5) because it will sound better and the wireless capability is actually pretty convenient.

Don't apologize for using Spotify, it's good! I use it every day.
Totally agree! Love my ES100 with all my iems and use Spotify as my main source of music. I currently have a Samsung galaxy s20 (just upgraded from a galaxy s8+) with an expandable micro SD storage slot. I have a 128g card that I just swapped into my new s20, and that card has all my Spotify files/albums on it for offline listening, as well as numerous FLAC and WAV files of CD'S that I ripped. I use my smartphone as a DAP/transport along with the ES100 as a wireless dac/amp. Using LDAC as the codec, I personally can't hear any real decernable differences between 320kps and FLAC or WAV. Ok, yes I can...but they are not enough to make me want to spend crazy amounts of $ on a dedicated DAP; when my phone + the ES100 + Spotify premium gets me to 95% of what I want. Just my opinion

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:31 PM Post #6,356 of 6,675
Hi, I have a question to which if I receive an answer I would be very grateful, I know it is against any ideal of audiophilia, but for now I listen to music with smartphone honor 10 (it has a decent dac compared to others of other phones), and especially only on spotify, I also have tidal but the logarithm for searching for spotify unfortunately always gets the better of me, and I use the sony XBA-N3 so the iem. The question is whether for you under these conditions it is worth spending 100 euros (which for me at the moment are a lot) for the es100, considering that the volume and the driveability are not in the least a problem. I don't want to give you too much responsibility but according to the audio quality would it improve a lot? Thanks
The ES100 is a great device (I still have mine but replaced it with a Qudelix 5K although my ES100 still works fine and I have not had issues with the clip like others). I live in the US so don't know what prices are like in Europe but 100 euros seems like a lot since the ES100 has frequently been discounted for a lot less recently. Even the much newer Qudelix 5K has been on sale for $80ish here in the US. Maybe look out for some deals if you are not in a rush. Take a look at the Qudelix 5K and BTR5 too if they are available where you live. They are similar types of devices but are also different in many ways. I found the ES100 super convenient when travelling pre-COVUD and love my Qudelix 5K.

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #6,357 of 6,675
But do you talk about use with iem? Because my doubt about the effectiveness of the ES100 is on iem
I use my Qudelix 5K and previously my ES100 mostly with IEMs. Mainly, I use it with my SE535s (balanced) and the parametric EQ of the 5K has given the SE535s new life. The SE535s sounded great with my ES100s too. The ES100 is really about the convenience of bluetooth for me. Also, a good amp can always make a difference, even for easy to drive IEMs like mine). Spotify premium should sound great via LDAC (I use Qobuz and Amazon HD). I sometimes use my SE846 with the Qudelix 5K but prefer my Dragonfly Cobalt with those. My current phones are the V60 and OnePlus 8T but I mainly had a Galaxy S9 when I used to use my ES100 alot. Never heard the Honor phones but, again, I would look at the ES100 primarily as a bluetooth receiver.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #6,358 of 6,675
But do you talk about use with iem? Because my doubt about the effectiveness of the ES100 is on iem
Yes, I use it solely with my iems; and solely from the 2.5mm balanced output. The balanced 2.5mm output provides a much more powerful and controlled bass; as well as a smoother top end and a wider soundstage. Imho, using the ES100 via balanced output with your iems gives a more powerful, detailed and dynamic sound experience.

Feb 7, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #6,359 of 6,675
Yes. You can leave your phone unattended and move around more freely with much less weight. Presets for different iems or headphones, and likely much better sound. Plus, you can buy the original pretty cheap now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back