Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 15, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #6,228 of 6,675
is there a form fitting case for the es100? similar to a phone case?
not looking for a big box to put it in
I keep it in my iem case.

Attachments

• 20200715_082414_HDR.jpg
    20200715_082414_HDR.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 20, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #6,229 of 6,675
i have technical question. i have bought 2.5 mm balanced cable for my iem's . now i using 2.5 balanced output and BT input. Can i connect via micro usb cable es100 to pc to use it as input? or mayby do i have to use bluetooth only ?
i do not want to damage my es100 amp
IMG_20200720_184251.jpg
es100.png
es100.png

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #6,235 of 6,675
maybe someone can help.

just received today, downloaded app, connected through app but still blinking twice and not able to pplay anything through iphone. I bought refurbished from amazon ha. app isn't showing anything connected to bt.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #6,236 of 6,675
maybe someone can help.

just received today, downloaded app, connected through app but still blinking twice and not able to pplay anything through iphone. I bought refurbished from amazon ha. app isn't showing anything connected to bt.

Thanks in advance.
You need to connect through the normal iPhone method in settings. The ES100 has essentially 2 connections - one for the app, one for music.

Aug 6, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #6,238 of 6,675
I apologiz fora necroposting.

I have an ES100 on order that I'd like to drive with my Android 10 phone. Is it going to be possible to achieve bit-perfect audio with this setup?

Apparently, the Motorola G7 Power doesn't support LDAC but perhaps Neutron can provide the necessary protocols? Is there a guide to walk me through this? I've been using YouTube on the phone as a source for years. I want to shift into high res audio and I have some 24 bit sources if I have a player and digital path to do it.

Aug 7, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #6,239 of 6,675

I have an ES100 on order that I'd like to drive with my Android 10 phone. Is it going to be possible to achieve bit-perfect audio with this setup?

Apparently, the Motorola G7 Power doesn't support LDAC but perhaps Neutron can provide the necessary protocols? Is there a guide to walk me through this? I've been using YouTube on the phone as a source for years. I want to shift into high res audio and I have some 24 bit sources if I have a player and digital path to do it.

I, for one, really doubt any advantages of high-res anyway, but to my definition of „bit perfect“ this is not possible over a Bluetooth connection: there’s always some recoding done for the encoding over the (missing) wire because each Bluetooth codec does apply some kind of compression.

Bluetooth is about convenience and compromise, albeit current implementations have reached a very competent level of audio quality...

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #6,240 of 6,675

Probably not with an ES100. I don't think bit perfect is really possible with a bluetooth connection (although you may be able to get higher than 16/44.1 using some codecs). it has been a while since I used my ES100 but, if I recall correctly, the ES100 always showed 24/96 over LDAC but I imagine there is some re-encoding or compression going on due to bandwidth limitations and the codecs used. As a USB DAC, I think it was limited to 16/48. That device really is about convenience. There are newer devices that may be able to do BT while also being capable of higher sample rates over USB if you use something like UAPP pr Neutron (never tried the latter but it seems this is something you may be familiar with already).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back