Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 25, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #6,211 of 6,675
Hi, me again after a while. I'd like to get one but I need some information. Are are there any issue or limit when I use it with my PC?

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #6,212 of 6,675
Hi, me again after a while. I'd like to get one but I need some information. Are are there any issue or limit when I use it with my PC?
Limited to 16/48 when used as a USB DAC with your PC.

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #6,213 of 6,675
Limited to 16/48 when used as a USB DAC with your PC.
So probably not the right one for me. Aren't there 24/192 USB DAC?

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #6,214 of 6,675
So probably not the right one for me. Aren't there 24/192 USB DAC?

If you're looking for something that doubles as a portable bluetooth receiver maybe check out the BTR5? I don't have one but I considered getting one before getting the Qudelix 5K (5K only does 24/96 via USB but that's good enough for me). I'm sure you could find a lot of info if you do a search for it though as the BTR5 seems pretty popular.

Jun 26, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #6,215 of 6,675
If you're looking for something that doubles as a portable bluetooth receiver maybe check out the BTR5? I don't have one but I considered getting one before getting the Qudelix 5K (5K only does 24/96 via USB but that's good enough for me). I'm sure you could find a lot of info if you do a search for it though as the BTR5 seems pretty popular.
The BTR5 is what I'm looking for too. Just needed more information and experiences from the others. The way to know more/gather more information is...asking :p

The built-in DAC in Asus XG17AHPE is really nice! Didn't expect it sound so much better than my Fiio E10K. But unfortunately I'll be requesting a return for this monitor because lightbleeds.

Jun 28, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #6,216 of 6,675
A question : what exactly are the differences between Mk1 and Mk2 ? I cant even physically tell them apart from photos (nor can I tell if I own the Mk1 or Mk2). Even when I put the Mk1 and Mk2 pages side by side, from the ear studio website, the text describing the specifications/components of each is the same...

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #6,217 of 6,675
Jun 28, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #6,218 of 6,675
It's currently available only in Amazon USA but will soon available in other Amazon markets :)
But the v2 hasn't been available on other Amazon markets like the Amazon DE. They only sell the v1.

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #6,219 of 6,675
WTH... Just had a major issue with my ES100 MK2 and pretty sure it’s going back but wanted to check here first.

Pluged in 2.5mm balanced using 2x power on TinHifi P1 — plugged in to charger. After about 15 to 30 seconds of listening over bluetooth suddenly a loud sustained honking buzz comes though the IEMS followed by an auto reboot.

Take it off of the charger and I can listen just fine with no issue.

Did I miss something here? Am I not allowed to charge this thing on this power mode or something?

Anyone ever heard of that happening?

Jun 28, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #6,220 of 6,675
WTH... Just had a major issue with my ES100 MK2 and pretty sure it’s going back but wanted to check here first.

Pluged in 2.5mm balanced using 2x power on TinHifi P1 — plugged in to charger. After about 15 to 30 seconds of listening over bluetooth suddenly a loud sustained honking buzz comes though the IEMS followed by an auto reboot.

Did I miss something here? Am I not allowed to charge this thing on this power mode or something?

What is your charger mode set at?

2BAFB2D7-E62D-4B07-9801-0B17FDD19CD5.jpeg

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #6,222 of 6,675
I have it on normal mode. It reboots when i plug/unplug which I knew was going to happen and that’s fine. This noise/crash i can’t imagine why that would happen.

I don’t think the ‘crash’ was a crash, but the normal reboot.

As far as the crazy sound, my guess is that it had to do with the fact that the phone was still streaming music and it didn’t like being rebooted.

Like if you reboot your PC while it is still busy doing something, it pisses it off. Or if you reboot your cable box or DVR while still watching a movie, sometimes the picture goes wonky or has artifacts while some buffer clears out or something.

Basically, it sounds like a fluke and I wouldn’t worry too much about it unless it starts happening every time.

Jun 28, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #6,223 of 6,675
I don’t think the ‘crash’ was a crash, but the normal reboot.

As far as the crazy sound, my guess is that it had to do with the fact that the phone was still streaming music and it didn’t like being rebooted.

Like if you reboot your PC while it is still busy doing something, it pisses it off. Or if you reboot your cable box or DVR while still watching a movie, sometimes the picture goes wonky or has artifacts while some buffer clears out or something.

Basically, it sounds like a fluke and I wouldn’t worry too much about it unless it starts happening every time.

I think you are right about the sound. That makes sense.

As far as a crash... i think any sudden unplanned shutdown or reboot not commanded by user or programming is a crash technically. Again im not referring to the normal reboot that happens to the device when you plug it in or unplug it. It is random and sudden and happens for “no reason” so to speak (obviously there is some reason to it).

I will spend some more time with it and see if it happens again. Seems totally fine otherwise. No other issues. Was really curious if anyone else experienced something like this.

Jun 28, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #6,224 of 6,675

If you look through this thread, you'll find lots of complaints about what happens when you plug/unplug the power. It may power up, power down, or reboot in unexpected ways. While you are actively listening, expect that plugging or unplugging the power will not be a seamless experience and your listening may be interrupted.

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #6,225 of 6,675
If you look through this thread, you'll find lots of complaints about what happens when you plug/unplug the power. It may power up, power down, or reboot in unexpected ways. While you are actively listening, expect that plugging or unplugging the power will not be a seamless experience and your listening may be interrupted.
Yes thank you. Again, this is after already plugged in with no changes. Playing a song and having it unexpectedly reboot without changing anything in any way.

To be perfectly clear. Listening whilst plugged in to UNBALANCED 3.5mm cable at 2X power on KZ ZS10 headphones... Zero issues for days. Charges fine, plays fine, sound is fine.

Today Listening to TinHifi P1 on 2.5mm Balanced Cable on 2X power mode. Plugged in and some time AFTER it has already been through the reboot process from plugging in power. Sudden long honking noise. Then reboot.

This happened 5 times in a row whilst listening to a “blue man group” soundtrack song. I have not been able to reproduce this again right now as I am typing this listening to Lindsey Stirling.

Maybe my ES100 just really hates Blue Man Group? 🤪

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back