Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jun 7, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #6,181 of 6,675
20200606_162111-01.jpeg

i finally tried this project that i found a while ago (some of the members here sure have known it too)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3527867

i really like this. I'm pairing up my ES100 with the ER4XR as a neckband BT

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #6,182 of 6,675
How do I connect ES100 to my phone(type C) as a DAC, I need help finding the right connector.
The cable that @jkpenrose suggested should work. In general, any USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter or cable should work. If your phone is Bluetooth paired with the ES100, you may need to turn off Bluetooth on the phone before it switches to USB audio.

I'm able to connect using the USB-C to USB-A adapter that came with my Samsung phone (part number GH96-11383A), combined with the short USB cable that came with the ES100. Check eBay, or Google the part number for sources in your country. I find sound on USB to be better than Bluetooth LDAC. However, LDAC is quite good and it is how I usually connect, for the convenience of being untethered from the phone.
111938_2.jpeg

Jun 7, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #6,183 of 6,675
20200606_162111-01.jpeg

i finally tried this project that i found a while ago (some of the members here sure have known it too)

very cool. You put a lot of thought into this design. I just got the radsone es100. I am using it with er3se. Absolutely loving it. clear powerful and detaled. I would like to compare the er3se to the er4sr someday. I have a 50cm balanced cable coming soon to hear the difference in a balanced amp.
Cheers.

Jun 7, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #6,184 of 6,675
very cool. You put a lot of thought into this design. I just got the radsone es100. I am using it with er3se. Absolutely loving it. clear powerful and detaled. I would like to compare the er3se to the er4sr someday. I have a 50cm balanced cable coming soon to hear the difference in a balanced amp.
Cheers.

i can't take the credit because I'm not the one who designed it :sweat_smile:
i found someone else's post about this somewhere (maybe here? i forgor) but just got the chance to make it for myself

Jun 9, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #6,185 of 6,675
i can't take the credit because I'm not the one who designed it :sweat_smile:
i found someone else's post about this somewhere (maybe here? i forgor) but just got the chance to make it for myself

Very cool. So I can just download the 3D file (here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3527867) and get it 3d printed by someone?

Do you need to use a shorter cable? Did you also need to use a cable with less cores - if so how many on that cable in the picture?

Separate question for others;
  1. I feel like I found this setting before. When I get off a phone call, music starts playing (even if music wasn't playing prior to a call). How can I stop this?

2. And secondly, when I unplug the ES100 from the USB charger, it reboots and turns on and tries to connect to last connected device. I would like to just leave it off when I unplug it. Any way of doing this? I have 'Charger Mode' set to 'Auto Power off when charger connected' right now.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #6,186 of 6,675
Very cool. So I can just download the 3D file (here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3527867) and get it 3d printed by someone?

yup. i just gave the link to that page to the 3D printer guy and they'd figure it out. i think I would make another one with a different material and color so i could hit swap the ES100 between neckbands instead of switching the IEMs

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #6,187 of 6,675
The fact that I can keep dual connections active has made the ES100 nigh essential for my work office (whenever we go back). I can use the DAC/amp for my work laptop and also my personal phone without having to reconnect or unplug anything when switching between sources. :clap::clap::clap:

Jun 15, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #6,188 of 6,675
Got my ES100 last week. This is one of my carrying solution:
47497748401_79765d595f_z.jpg

3D PRINTED WIRE-HIDING NECKBAND
20200606_162111-01.jpeg

I got this 3D printed but am actually really struggling with routing the wiring.... Sucks because it looks so good.

Would you be able to share more pics if at all possible? Or any other tips.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #6,189 of 6,675
I got this 3D printed but am actually really struggling with routing the wiring.... Sucks because it looks so good.

Would you be able to share more pics if at all possible? Or any other tips.

Thanks!

this is how i wrap my wire on the neckband, i hope the pictures are clear enough

20200618_200052-01.jpeg20200618_200059-01.jpeg20200618_200155-01.jpeg

i route the cable to come out the back, and wear them from behind my head

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #6,190 of 6,675
Tldr: es100 mk1 completely unresponsive after changing charging setting to second option "auto power off when charger connected" and charging via usual method. Anyone else had this issue or heard of this issue, or can suggest a fix? Thanks kindly.
----------
Longer read:

Hi all, long time lurker.

I own a es100 mk1 that stopped working a few days ago. It will not turn on using the power button, nor will it be detected by a PC using a proper data cable, the factory reset does nothing, and holding the power button while plugging in to PC to enter DFU mode does nothing.

The problem started as soon as I charged the device for 1 hour after I changed the battery charge setting from the first to the second option, labelled "auto power off when charger connected".

I am wondering if anyone has had this issue, or has heard of the issue. I realise it sounds like a battery issue or a broken micro-usb port on the device, not a broken power button.

I am suspicious that changing the "auto off" setting caused the issue because I am very careful with my electronics, and the method of charging was exactly as usual, which has produced no problem in the 12 months I have owned the device (second hand).

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.
Heed.

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #6,191 of 6,675
Tldr: es100 mk1 completely unresponsive after changing charging setting to second option "auto power off when charger connected" and charging via usual method. Anyone else had this issue or heard of this issue, or can suggest a fix? Thanks kindly.
----------
Longer read:

Hi all, long time lurker.

I own a es100 mk1 that stopped working a few days ago. It will not turn on using the power button, nor will it be detected by a PC using a proper data cable, the factory reset does nothing, and holding the power button while plugging in to PC to enter DFU mode does nothing.

The problem started as soon as I charged the device for 1 hour after I changed the battery charge setting from the first to the second option, labelled "auto power off when charger connected".

I am wondering if anyone has had this issue, or has heard of the issue. I realise it sounds like a battery issue or a broken micro-usb port on the device, not a broken power button.

I am suspicious that changing the "auto off" setting caused the issue because I am very careful with my electronics, and the method of charging was exactly as usual, which has produced no problem in the 12 months I have owned the device (second hand).

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.
Heed.

Condolendes. It's not a charge setting I use (I have it on auto-power off when charger disconnected) but I have experienced the complete lack of response issue, on occasion - I've been fixing it by repeatedly (2/3/4 times) plugging and unplugging it into my phone's usb c port. For whatever reason that wakes it up.

Good luck :/

Jun 22, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #6,192 of 6,675
the complete lack of response issue ...(sometimes) fixing it by repeatedly (2/3/4 times) plugging and unplugging it into my phone's usb c port.

Thanks very much for the advice. Will give it a go. Now I just need a usb-c to micro-usb cable. Or a Frankenstein fix using micro-micro cord and a usb-c adapter. Bugger, have none of those.

Any other takers? I'm all ears.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #6,193 of 6,675
I just got a custom 50 cm balanced cable made for my er3se. Using this with the ES100 mk2. WOW WOW WOW. The balanced amplification takes this to another level. Stronger, more dynamic. bass has a lot more punch, clearer. I hoped for some noticeable improvement from the balanced connection, but this is more than I hoped for. I am all smiles.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #6,194 of 6,675
I just got a custom 50 cm balanced cable made for my er3se. Using this with the ES100 mk2. WOW WOW WOW. The balanced amplification takes this to another level. Stronger, more dynamic. bass has a lot more punch, clearer. I hoped for some noticeable improvement from the balanced connection, but this is more than I hoped for. I am all smiles.
I noticed better sound stage, imaging and 'fuller' sound with balanced for my Meze 99s too...

Not night and day, but different and more enjoyable for sure

Jun 22, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #6,195 of 6,675
Still rocking my ES100. IMG_20191201_145645.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back