Radsone EarStudio ES100
Sep 5, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #5,284 of 6,675
No issues on my Pixel 3 with Android 10.
Connected first time.

Maybe try deleting the App and Bluetooth pairing and setting it both of them back up?

Thank you very much. This morning it seems the phone can detect it, and pair well. Thanks.

UPDATE: I had the reinstall the firmware, my phone was unable to recognize it, I tried a reset without succes, after reflashing the firmware now it works properly.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #5,285 of 6,675
Hi all,
People really seem to sing this li'l guy's praises and say it's great "for the price," but that makes me want to know how good and does it punch above its weight. I'm wondering if anybody has compared this to any more expensive portable DAC/amps? Specifically, I'm interested in how it fairs against the DragonFly Red, original FiiO X5, FiiO Q5/Q5S, Topping NX4 DSD... but I'd also be interested to know how it fairs against other "better" DAC/amps, too. The more specific the comparison, the better!
Or do you know of any reviews with similar comparisons? Most that I've found only compare it to similarly priced items.

Thanks!

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #5,287 of 6,675
Is there a fix for the app not seeing ES100 even though it's paired to the phone and working normally?
Do you mean Device Search doesn't find it? Tap the square Radsone icon at top left, then Device Search in the menu.
The app connection is separate (on Bluetooth Low Energy) from the streaming audio connection. It should normally reconnect automatically but a few times I've had to connect manually.

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #5,288 of 6,675
this started happening to me a while ago...got progressively worse until the unit stopped functioning.
i contacted Radsone, and they sent me a code for a new unit from Amazon.
i have the new one and it doesnt do this..yet. but i am a bit skeptical about the reliability of the thing now.

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #5,289 of 6,675
this started happening to me a while ago...got progressively worse until the unit stopped functioning.
i contacted Radsone, and they sent me a code for a new unit from Amazon.
i have the new one and it doesnt do this..yet. but i am a bit skeptical about the reliability of the thing now.
Don't be, every device has failures and they took care of you unlike many "name brands" would.

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #5,292 of 6,675
Do you mean Device Search doesn't find it? Tap the square Radsone icon at top left, then Device Search in the menu.
The app connection is separate (on Bluetooth Low Energy) from the streaming audio connection. It should normally reconnect automatically but a few times I've had to connect manually.

Yes, even doing it manually as you suggested. The app tells me it can't connect. I get a failed to connect message that also says app connection is different from Bluetooth audio connection.

However the app recognizes the ES100 when it's plugged in for charging.

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #5,293 of 6,675
The updated buttons are a nice change. They stick out a little more making it easier to blindly press the correct one.

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #5,294 of 6,675
Yes, even doing it manually as you suggested. The app tells me it can't connect. I get a failed to connect message that also says app connection is different from Bluetooth audio connection.

However the app recognizes the ES100 when it's plugged in for charging.
Try resetting the Bluetooth pairing. Unpair the ES100 and pair it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back