Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 22, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #4,666 of 6,675
Your hands grow from the right place, that's for sure. Since you're doing everything by yourself, Why wouldn't you pick up a black color cable, connectors and some angled jack? Do you know how to map correctly 4-8 strands balanced cable to unbalanced iems ? I have some fixed wired jvc fx 750 which I'd like to turn into balanced 2.5 with 8 strands black cable, preferably with removable connectors. I can't find this info anywhere.

Making a black 8 strands balanced cable with right angled plug is fairly easy - trying to take apart FX750 for recabling will be significantly more challenging, even for just a straight cable swap due to the combination of wood and brass housing. Not to mention the original cable exit / strain relief is likely too small to accommodate even a 4 strands configuration. Trying to put a MMCX connector onto the housing might also end up cracking the wooden outer shell. The safest way of converting FX750 is to cut off the cable a inch or two below the housing and put a MMCX socket there.

May 22, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #4,668 of 6,675
As far as I recall the FH5 presented wider stage, better bass response and overall much better sound.
With the F9 Pro I had to use the equalizer to handle the 8khz spike; with the Fh5 I do not need to utilize the equalizer.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #4,669 of 6,675
Folks, have anyone tried to connect the ES to Win10 machine over BT and use as communication device? Mine connects fine, I can use it for media, but as communication is dead silent, in and out. Works with Jabra BT dongle, but it is BT3.0 and media can only use the SBC coded.

May 22, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #4,670 of 6,675
Folks, have anyone tried to connect the ES to Win10 machine over BT and use as communication device? Mine connects fine, I can use it for media, but as communication is dead silent, in and out. Works with Jabra BT dongle, but it is BT3.0 and media can only use the SBC coded.

Yes, I've had no issues connecting it and using with Skype for Business on Win10 Enterprise. The only thing that sucks is that every time there a system event notification sound during the call it mutes the call completely while playing the sound.

May 23, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #4,671 of 6,675
I 100% stole this from another guy in the m40x thread, but I used 3M locking strips instead of magnets. I am using the LG V20 in this pic, because the Samsung S7 (and it appears the entire Samsung series) does not give me the option of AptX HD --- only AptX then jumps to LDAC. Using a wonderful sounding Cardas cable in the system.

ES100.jpg

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #4,672 of 6,675
I 100% stole this from another guy in the m40x thread, but I used 3M locking strips instead of magnets. I am using the LG V20 in this pic, because the Samsung S7 (and it appears the entire Samsung series) does not give me the option of AptX HD --- only AptX then jumps to LDAC. Using a wonderful sounding Cardas cable in the system.

OMG! I think I'm stealing that idea too! :)

May 23, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #4,673 of 6,675
@stuck limo, that's because Samsung uses "Samsung HD" instead even though IDK what device actually uses it lol. I just looked at my developer options again and Samsung HD is gone now...I think Samsung HD was going to be something they tried but they are doing away with it bc of negative feedback and will hopefully bring AptX-HD in an update

May 23, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #4,674 of 6,675
@stuck limo, that's because Samsung uses "Samsung HD" instead even though IDK what device actually uses it lol. I just looked at my developer options again and Samsung HD is gone now...I think Samsung HD was going to be something they tried but they are doing away with it bc of negative feedback and will hopefully bring AptX-HD in an update

I think there was one other company (besides Samsung) trying to make their own proprietary codec in the vein of LDAC. Maybe Huawei, from what I remember. LDAC is nice but kills battery life on the phone.

May 24, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #4,675 of 6,675
If anyone else would like to use aptx-HD instead of LDAC by default then a simple fix is renaming libraries located in /system/lib64 (or just lib if you have an old phone): libldac*.so, there should be two, one ending with "abr" the other with "enc".
I had to reboot to TWRP recovery and use the inbuilt file manager.

Now ES100 defaults to aptx-HD and I have no more stutters and LDAC didn't default to 990 anyway. Much better experience and I can't hear any difference anyway.

May 24, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #4,676 of 6,675
If anyone else would like to use aptx-HD instead of LDAC by default then a simple fix is renaming libraries located in /system/lib64 (or just lib if you have an old phone): libldac*.so, there should be two, one ending with "abr" the other with "enc".
I had to reboot to TWRP recovery and use the inbuilt file manager.

Now ES100 defaults to aptx-HD and I have no more stutters and LDAC didn't default to 990 anyway. Much better experience and I can't hear any difference anyway.

Thank you for the information, but why do you affirm that LDAC does not default to 990? If I'm not wrong, you can fix to 990 from developer options and it is maintained the full season (I think it resets when BT season stops, but not sure and I don't have ES100 here).

May 24, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #4,678 of 6,675
I can't even tell a difference between Adaptive and 990

When in 990, the sound should begin to stutter easier when you walk away some meters than in adaptive. On the other hand, if BT signal is good, adaptive should work at 990 too if I'm not wrong.

May 24, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #4,679 of 6,675
I think there was one other company (besides Samsung) trying to make their own proprietary codec in the vein of LDAC. Maybe Huawei, from what I remember. LDAC is nice but kills battery life on the phone.
My Samsung Level U Pro EO-BN920 for example uses Samsung HD and possibly other Samsung Level bt devices do, too . Huawei has the HWA codec.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 offers AAC, aptX, LDAC, Samsung HD and Scalable Codec, whatever that is. The new Samsung Galaxy Buds use the later.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #4,680 of 6,675
Fixed it. For others benefit: this issue was caused by older Intel Bluetooth package (dell branded) that was linked in this thread. Uninstalled it and installed the newest one from Intel. Calls are routed properly and it works with AptX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back