Radsone EarStudio ES100
Feb 28, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #4,201 of 6,673
It is best to turn the ES100 off, change the plug, and turn back on. This way you can make sure that no music will play. ES100 will automatically switch to the new source, if it is not locked in the sw. Just don't unplug/plug when music or any sound is playing.

Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, what kind of things COULD happen if you were to unplug and plug things when music is playing?

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #4,203 of 6,673
Pause music, swap between connections (2.5 / 3.5). I've never had an issue with not turning it off in between.

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #4,205 of 6,673
Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, what kind of things COULD happen if you were to unplug and plug things when music is playing?
You would short circuit the amps and it will take a bit. If it breaks the first or the five hundred time no one could say. It also could start sounding very bad if your unlucky.

I almost always use 2.5 with my er4sr or hd25 and I often know which one to use before I even turn es100 on so no worries for me I guess...

Mar 1, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #4,206 of 6,673
When I used my es100 as a a usb dap for my Galaxy s9 the radsone app stops working.. There is sound coming out of the es100 but most of the apps controls are greyed out.. My es100 has the latest firmware and app is updated also.. could it be that Im using a usb to usbc adpter ( came with my s9) cos cable works fine using my es100 to my macbook.. thx

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #4,207 of 6,673
You would short circuit the amps and it will take a bit. If it breaks the first or the five hundred time no one could say. It also could start sounding very bad if your unlucky.

I almost always use 2.5 with my er4sr or hd25 and I often know which one to use before I even turn es100 on so no worries for me I guess...

Ah, alright, so it is kind of like corrupting a usb key from not properly ejecting, only permanent, then?

Yeah, I have had rotten luck with it today. The led became solid green and the buttons were all un-responsive until I plugged it in.
Then the app wouldn't connect anymore even though it was connected to my phone. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to change the settings on the ambient mode and unlock the 2.5mm to stick in my 3.5mm.

Luckily, it really does sound amazing! I've been using the Shanling M0 since launch, and while it sounded good with 24 bit files, it sounded average with everything else. Everything on the ES100 sounds amazing.

Thank you all for your help. I had just three more questions. First, if I lock it to 3.5mm in the app and want to use the 2.5mm plug with my DAP, do I have to go back on my phone and unlock it first? Does it remember the lock setting from the phone after I turn it off?

Second is that I hear stuttering at first when I connect and play a song. Is this doing any harm? I also notice a lot of stuttering if I connect it to my DAP and phone at the same time. Am I damaging the ES100 or my earphones? It just doesn't sound like typical bluetooth connection stuttering...

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #4,208 of 6,673
When I used my es100 as a a usb dap for my Galaxy s9 the radsone app stops working.. There is sound coming out of the es100 but most of the apps controls are greyed out.. My es100 has the latest firmware and app is updated also.. could it be that Im using a usb to usbc adpter ( came with my s9) cos cable works fine using my es100 to my macbook.. thx
The app works fine for me while connected on USB. Galaxy S9 with the USB-C adapter that came with the phone, and using the cable that came with the ES100. Does the app show that it is connected to the ES100?

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #4,209 of 6,673
You can wired the ES100 to a Phone instead of using Bluetooth? I don't have the Cable to try that out.

Could someone try this out? If your ES100 is connected via BT to your Phone, while also Connected to your PC USB DAC mode, If you turn off the BT on your Phone does it Freeze your ES100?

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #4,210 of 6,673
You can wired the ES100 to a Phone instead of using Bluetooth?
Yes. It's been discussed many times in this thread, including just a few posts earlier.

Could someone try this out? If your ES100 is connected via BT to your Phone, while also Connected to your PC USB DAC mode, If you turn off the BT on your Phone does it Freeze your ES100?
Just tried it with USB connected to MacBook Pro and ES100 BT connected to the phone app (not media). Turned off BT, and ES100 does not freeze (no interruption to music, just the app loses connection). Also turned BT back on and reconnected app with no interruption.

Mar 1, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #4,211 of 6,673

There's no problem whatsoever. The ES100 continues to work on the desktop while the BT is off on my iPhone.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #4,212 of 6,673
I had the Radsone freeze completely again today. The LED was a solid green and none of the buttons worked. The only way to get ut to unfreeze that I found was plugging it into the wall. It is super impracticle!

I have it updated to the latesr firmware. Is there an easier way to reset it when it freezes than charging it? It cuts down on its useability if this is going to be a daily thing.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #4,213 of 6,673
Yes. It's been discussed many times in this thread, including just a few posts earlier.

Just tried it with USB connected to MacBook Pro and ES100 BT connected to the phone app (not media). Turned off BT, and ES100 does not freeze (no interruption to music, just the app loses connection). Also turned BT back on and reconnected app with no interruption.

There's no problem whatsoever. The ES100 continues to work on the desktop while the BT is off on my iPhone.

So yours doesn't Freeze while it is actively playing in USB DAC as you turn off BT? Thats Odd, I guess mine is busted.

Thanks.

Mar 2, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #4,214 of 6,673
So yours doesn't Freeze while it is actively playing in USB DAC as you turn off BT? Thats Odd, I guess mine is busted.

Thanks.

Do a factory reset and see how it goes.

Mar 4, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #4,215 of 6,673
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back