Radsone EarStudio ES100
Feb 21, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #4,158 of 6,673
I've updated mine with the latest 2.0.2 firmware and it doesn't work with my Linux computers anymore :frowning2:
Could someone upload v 2.0.1.zip firmware please? It would be greatly appreciated. I've deleted it some time ago and Radsone haven't gotten back to me yet.
Thanks!
Mine is on 2.0.2 since it came out, and it is working fine on Linux.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #4,161 of 6,673
Thank you very much! It does not solve my problem unfortunately :frowning2:
Ah, that's to bad. Windows guy here, so I can't help. Hopefully you sort it out. Good luck!

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #4,162 of 6,673
What version of Linux are you running? I'm running Arch and now it does not work with kernels 4.20, 4.19-lts and 4.14-lts, even after downgrading to 2.0.1 :frowning2:

Fedora release 29 (Twenty Nine)

uname -r
4.19.13-300.fc29.x86_64

lsusb
Bus 001 Device 017: ID 0a12:1243 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd

aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 1: DAC [EarStudio USB DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #4,163 of 6,673
088EEFBF-1D17-4566-BA94-E708679BD7AC.png
My ES100 has an iron grip on my iPhone's Bluetooth

But since the latest firmware upgrade it's multi device operation doesn't play ball well.

Now - If it is connected to my FiiO M9 player via LDAC adding a connection to my iPhone causes jittery distorted playback. For example if I want to change a saved eq preset to another I boot up EarStudio app on my iPhone and have to tolerate completely distorted sound while I change the preset then disconnect my iPhone from the ES100 to be able to hear music normally.

Thr ES100 used to multi device connect very well

Now it's behaving badly. The distorted playback when connected to two devices used to "settle down" and go away. Now it's disruptive full time.

Update

Hmmm it seems there are two profiles on my phone? Perhaps from the old firmware? I just deleted one and it seems fo be behaving itself now.

False alarm? :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #4,164 of 6,673
Ah, that's to bad. Windows guy here, so I can't help. Hopefully you sort it out. Good luck!

Yeah, I'm one of the weird ones! lol
Thanks for the file again.

Fedora release 29 (Twenty Nine)
uname -r
4.19.13-300.fc29.x86_64
lsusb
Bus 001 Device 017: ID 0a12:1243 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd
aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 1: DAC [EarStudio USB DAC], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I have the same results (apart for the kernel # and ID # obviously).
Everything seems fine, I can select and configure the ES100 thru Pulse audio volume control. The only symptom is that nothing is coming out.
Sometimes, if all planets are aligned, I get sound from the browser (youtube videos for example) and then the player also works, but if I pause something the wrong way or change the web page, it goes silent.

Feb 23, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #4,165 of 6,673
Yeah, I'm one of the weird ones! lol
Thanks for the file again.

I have the same results (apart for the kernel # and ID # obviously).
Everything seems fine, I can select and configure the ES100 thru Pulse audio volume control. The only symptom is that nothing is coming out.
Sometimes, if all planets are aligned, I get sound from the browser (youtube videos for example) and then the player also works, but if I pause something the wrong way or change the web page, it goes silent.
Try to fix the freq. to 48khz in one of the settings files. I will look it up which, once I will get home.

Feb 23, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #4,166 of 6,673

But since the latest firmware upgrade it's multi device operation doesn't play ball well.

Now - If it is connected to my FiiO M9 player via LDAC adding a connection to my iPhone causes jittery distorted playback. For example if I want to change a saved eq preset to another I boot up EarStudio app on my iPhone and have to tolerate completely distorted sound while I change the preset then disconnect my iPhone from the ES100 to be able to hear music normally.

Now it's behaving badly. The distorted playback when connected to two devices used to "settle down" and go away. Now it's disruptive full time.

Update

Hmmm it seems there are two profiles on my phone? Perhaps from the old firmware? I just deleted one and it seems fo be behaving itself now.

iPhone is terrible at Bluetooth connections, especially multi device. Apple still does not support many Bluetooth codecs and I believe SBC only still.

Feb 23, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #4,167 of 6,673
Try to fix the freq. to 48khz in one of the settings files. I will look it up which, once I will get home.
The pulse audio config file? /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
I've tried changing the default frequency to 48khz (was 44.1) and alternate to 44.1khz (was 48) and it didn't help.
Also tried playing with fragments and fragment-size-msec.
Used this as reference: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Troubleshooting
Still no answer from Radsone :frowning2:
Might end up buying a Fiio k3 for my work setup.

Feb 23, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #4,169 of 6,673

Update

One profile is for audio streaming. The other profile is for the App to communicate to the DAC. You need them both

Feb 23, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #4,170 of 6,673
One profile is for audio streaming. The other profile is for the App to communicate to the DAC. You need them both

Well I deleted one. Now they are both gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back