Radsone EarStudio ES100
Sep 25, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #2,836 of 6,675
Also, go into the Bluetooth Menu, for the EarStudio click the Settings COG, bottom option will be codecs and make sure that LDAC is turned on. I'm sure the BTR3 will have the same screen.

Nice! Thanks!

Yeah I went into Dev Options on my LG V30, and saw all that stuff there, including the added option to choose which VERSION of LDAC I want, which is also something I wanted to know. This will come in handy I'm sure.

The fact that several ppl in here think the ES100 sounds better than their former wired setup, and now a couple are saying the BTR3 sounds even better than the ES100 (or are implying it lol)...........that says a lot about BOTH devices!! I kinda wish the BTR3 had a Dual DAC setup too, even if it would raise the price. Oh well. lol I guess by the time I switch phones again (prob next year) there's always a chance the ES100 will upgrade and/or BTR3 will get redone with dual DACs. But even if not, this is still great!

Sep 25, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #2,837 of 6,675
And that's really ALL I wanted to know, so thanks! lol

What is HWA? I just want to know how to confirm that LDAC (and by LDAC I meant its best version) is being utilized when connecting to a smartphone. That would be a major concern for me if I ever bought the BTR3.
My phone indicates the protocol in the Bluetooth settings. And as mentioned above BTR3 indicates connection protocol with different colors.
HWA (LHDC) seems to be the non-Sony LDAC implementation. It's native to Huawei phones.
ES100 shows connectivity in the app.

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #2,838 of 6,675
RADSONE INFO...

I noticed that Radsone will be showing 3 devices at the "15th Annual Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest (RMAF) " in Colorado, this October.
  • Exhibit models:
1. ES100 High Resolution Bluetooth Receive
2. ES200 Hi-Fi Compact USB DAC (sample)
3. ES400 Full Differential Power Amp. (sample)

You can see there are 2 new devices. ES200 USB DAC; And ES400 Amp ! Don't know anything else about them. Just FYI for now.

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #2,839 of 6,675
RADSONE INFO...

I noticed that Radsone will be showing 3 devices at the "15th Annual Rocky Mountain International Audio Fest (RMAF) " in Colorado, this October.
  • Exhibit models:

You can see there are 2 new devices. ES200 USB DAC; And ES400 Amp ! Don't know anything else about them. Just FYI for now.
Just take my money Radsone. Just.... take it.

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #2,840 of 6,675
My phone indicates the protocol in the Bluetooth settings. And as mentioned above BTR3 indicates connection protocol with different colors.
HWA (LHDC) seems to be the non-Sony LDAC implementation. It's native to Huawei phones.
ES100 shows connectivity in the app.

Cool. For me I only seem to see it in Dev Options. As long as I can see it SOMEWHERE, I don't care. lol

Oh ok (HWA). Good to know. Thanks!

Sep 25, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #2,841 of 6,675
RADSONE INFO...

• Exhibit models:

Interesting. I'll have to check those out. Feel free to post a link here if you happen to come across one.

Thanks for sharing!

Sep 25, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #2,842 of 6,675
Interesting. I'll have to check those out. Feel free to post a link here if you happen to come across one.

Thanks for sharing!
While looking for those two devices, I just found that there is another device they are working on:

ES300 "also has a true wireless design, AI-enabled Bluetooth headset ES300"

Translated from Korean Website... ES300 Radsone Wireless Earphones could be really nice.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #2,844 of 6,675
While looking for those two devices, I just found that there is another device they are working on:

ES300 "also has a true wireless design, AI-enabled Bluetooth headset ES300"

Translated from Korean Website... ES300 Radsone Wireless Earphones could be really nice.

Very cool! You think it'll be like a direct BT upgrade to the ES100??

Sep 26, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #2,845 of 6,675
You enable developer mode on your phone and from there you can select LDAC as the default codec for streaming.
Developer options only sets the codec for the current session, and doesn't change the default — it resets after each Bluetooth session. Instead, go to the Bluetooth paired devices list as others have mentioned.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #2,846 of 6,675
Can you stream through Poweramp? I presume not. That's one reason I like the ES100 app's EQ (it applies to everything).
Yes you can stream. Just have to connect via BT to the ES100 or BTR3 (or any BT device) and just hit Play. lol

Haha I'm sure I will.
Poweramp does not support streaming services (Tidal, Spotify, etc).

Sep 26, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #2,849 of 6,675
I've been using the ES100 with my AndroidTV box Nvidia Shield for playing games like Assassins Creed. I am using the Focal Elear. The sound is the best I've heard from the box, and the Shield supports LDAC, which is the reason for the great sound quality.

Sep 27, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #2,850 of 6,675
So it seems the ES100 can drive up to 600 ohm headphones, though really 300 ohms well, and the FiiO BTR3 up to 100 ohm headphones/earphones. Even though I'd prefer the slightly better sounding BTR3, I guess for my 250 ohm Beyer DT 1770 Pros, I would have to have the ES100.

Has anyone who's reading this right now ever compared any of the LG Quad DAC phones to the ES100? If so, I know the LG phones sound slightly better, but what about soundstage? Is the ES100's at least AS wide (or wider??) as the LG Quad DAC phones' soundstage, or no? Just wonderin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back