1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366
368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377
Next

Last
  1. paul.tonnenberg
    The es100 does not seem to me a wise investment because it can be broken unintentionally.

At some point you will probably unintentionally unlock the audio output. And then ... Murphy's Law ... you accidentally pull the audio jack during audio playback.

In any case, I think it's so great again that as a buyer you are only informed about a side note about this matter ... I think many people do not even use the app, and then they do not even know about this warning audio output lock thing modest.

2. waynes world
    Doing that "might" break it (not "will" break it).

HungryPanda and scotvl like this.
  3. SomeGuyDude
    Bro if you consider anything that can be unintentionally broken an "unwise investment" I'm assuming you live just floating in the middle of the ocean.

Slater likes this.
  4. jasonb
    What exactly are we talking about?

5. waynes world
    I quoted what I was referring to in my last post.

6. jasonb
    What are we talking about that's going to unintentionally break?

7. Slater
    I would add that smart phones are also an unwise investment (along with the ES100). Because I could accidentally drop my phone and crack the screen, or sit on it when it’s in my back pocket and unintentionally bend it, or unintentionally drop it in the toilet.

j/k

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  8. chinmie
    i cracked the body of my ES100 just days after purchasing, because i put it in my pants pocket and accidentally bumped the kitchen table. that's the indiegogo era purchase unit (so i experienced that great jump of improvement on the app) . I've took this everywhere, even took this to some rough places. still looks and functions perfectly till today. so i think it's a great and wise investment for me :grin:

monsieurfromag3, scotvl and Slater like this.
  9. rkw
    Unplugging the headphone while audio is playing can potentially damage the ES100.

That's what @paul.tonnenberg was talking about, and I agree with him. Unplugging the headphone is a "normal" activity and it shouldn't cause damage (it won't with most products such as a phone). A consumer can easily forget that the ES100 is different. Therefore I feel this is a design flaw.

Jearly410, fsi22 and monsieurfromag3 like this.
  10. jasonb
    That's what I thought he was saying. Does seem like a design flaw, but the way I use mine it should never be a problem.

11. jasonb
    This thing with a bass modded Q701 with a tiny bit of EQ sounds really good. I've had this just over a week now. I took out a little 2k and 8k to bring down the peaks just a little and that helps. With the bass mod there is plenty of well extended bass. For my desired volume level this little thing has plenty of power. My average volume is somewhere around the -20db mark so there is plenty of headroom left. -20 is right at the 80db mark, which is only .126mW of power.

I'm very happy with this setup.

Screenshot_20191020-112508.png
    Screenshot_20191020-112519.png

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    scotvl and stuck limo like this.
  12. Chupi383
    I would tend to agree, but reading about the DualDrive design it sounds like any fix for this would affect sound quality, get rid of the 2x power option, or require twice as many DACs. As is, the DACs are connected directly to both the balanced and single-ended jacks with no components in between. Plugging in a single-ended plug shorts the dual DAC outputs together; in single-ended mode this just combines the signals but in balanced mode it's equivalent to a zero ohm load.

scotvl likes this.
  13. jsmiller58
    It is unfortunate. For me I have long ago gotten into the habit of turning off any amps before disconnecting headphones or IEMs so I feel safe with my ES100 in that regard.

scotvl and Slater like this.
  14. jasonb
    Mine just stays attached and plugged into my Q701, so not a problem here.

15. courierdriver
    Just subscribed to this thread.

First

Back
357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366
368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377
Next

Last