1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last
  1. Mouseman
    I have both, and I think the ES100 has better sound on the whole, plus the app lets you tweak a lot more. The added power on balanced makes a difference.

zeppu08 likes this.
  2. Cerebro
    Hoping someone has compared these: When using iems that don’t need a lot of power or equalizing, will they sound better with the es100 over Bluetooth or with the Apple lightning 3.5mm dongle using my iPhone XS?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  3. kakaworu
    I trim and re-solder a TRN 8 core cable.

I have not really compare the difference. I am pretty sure it sounds off without an EQ and tried to make an EQ that look like the official EQ graph as far as i could. But i am not sure if i was doing it right.
    [​IMG]
    It sounds OK for me.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  4. Pricklyears101
    I have a v20 and I've compared it to other LG phones with ESS quad dacs and they sound similar if not exactly the same and G7 shouldn't be an exception. The v20 with EX600, which is known for forward mids and good separation, with the ES100 balanced out the background details become clearer. That's not to say that there isn't any background detail using the phone to begin with, you'll only notice it when doing an A/B comparison. Anyone using current LG flagship phones shouldn't worry about SQ when using the ES100, as long as you're using LDAC. There is a bigger difference between LDAC vs aptx compared to SE vs BAL out.

To sum it up, G7 SE vs ES100 BAL is neither an upgrade nor a downgrade for sound quality. Besides, the G7 already has 10 band EQ which the v20 doesn't so I don't see it as a necessary purchase for your case tbh, unless you're like me and have a weird setup. Hope it helps!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    redrol likes this.
  5. Pricklyears101
    I was also debating on the ES100 vs BTR3 before buying and what sold me on the former was the app which has excellent developer support and is overkill on features and the option to go balanced if one ever needs to. This is an article of a comparison in between the 2:

https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2018...uetooth-to-any-wired-headphones-for-70-bucks/

For ios users, I may be generalizing but since the ES100 is comparable to flagship LG phones, it may or may not be an upgrade depending on your gear. If your hp/iems already sound good out of the box with the lightning dongle, then it's not worth it unless the gear requires customization like mine. Also to note, since most people use tidal/spotify these days, the eq on the app sucks so in this case the es100 definitely helps.

Hope it helps... somehow...

monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  6. posnera
    I haven't compared. Since getting the ES100, I haven't seen the lightning dongle.

Cerebro likes this.
  7. redrol
    Cool. I do have an issue with the V30 which is I can't pick high gain mode and the KPE need it. Might need to get the ES100!

8. Pricklyears101
    Well there's always the aux mode trick... Easier to implement than the high imp mode trick

9. Cerebro
    Thanks for replying, maybe someone else has made the switch?

10. Pricklyears101
    I think i may have an iphone lying around somewhere with the dongle. Will try to do a comparison soon for you.

Anyways on a side note, for those who already have the es100..

I bought the Advanced power pouch for $40 local since it uses micro usb to charge. I can store the iems and the es100 inside with abit of arranging. Total cost is lower than an airpod, lasts longer and definitely sounds better.

Cerebro likes this.
  11. Pricklyears101
    20190408_133216_HDR.jpg

Badumm tsss

MaxwellDot and Marco Angel like this.
  12. Cerebro
    Thanks for taking the time! Looking forward to the results.

If I’d make the switch to the es100, are there any shorter 3.5mm to 2-pin cables available? Seems a lot more practical than using a longer standard cable.

13. Pricklyears101
    Not that I'm aware of, the bt module only comes with the charging cable. So i terminated my stock cables at the y splitter into the 2.5mm balanced for the es100. Yup, definitely more practical only if you're wearing a shirt to clip it to.

14. capnjack
    6290C2A4-BDF9-4007-A03E-CB7F25D15A9D.jpeg

VE custom cable - Junkosha Silver Litz, 60cm, 2.5mm, mmcx (2 pin available) £20 about 12 months ago.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Pricklyears101 and Cerebro like this.
  15. TooPoorForHiFi
    I believe FiiO makes them but not sure if theres 2-Pin. Another option is custom order from tritonaudiocables , You might find them pricey but I've heard the Quality is Good.

Cerebro likes this.
First

Back
280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289
291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last