Radsone EarStudio ES100
Dec 8, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #3,421 of 6,675
Hello. Can anyone give me suggestion: is there's any point to overpay for ES100 (~115$) versus BTR3 (69$) for low impendance unblanaced headphones?

Na...

But I rather not drink coffee for a week and just spend the extra dollars for EarStudio ES100.
The bonus with receiving updates on the Android software and having the 2.5mm Balanced Output is so worth over paying...

Dec 8, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #3,422 of 6,675
Na...

But I rather not drink coffee for a week and just spend the extra dollars for EarStudio ES100.
The bonus with receiving updates on the Android software and having the 2.5mm Balanced Output is so worth over paying...
Depends on how low. If you have not enough voltage for high impedance headphones - its just not enough volume. If you have not enough current for low impedance - its distortion up to critical and background hiss, since volume have to be set very low. Or as a minimum Frequency Response skew due to higher Output Impedance.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #3,425 of 6,675
Great device worth the $130 I paid for mine.

Dec 10, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #3,426 of 6,675
I agree, the ES100 app and EQ control is really what did it for me. I didn't just want a bluetooth adapter for my IE80's, I wanted to have full control of the EQ at the DAC level. The wireless is just a bonus. I'd get the ES100 but I could be biased.
+1 EQ is my favorite feature. Some may disagree (saying they think quality is degraded when using EQ), but that's not my experience. I'm seriously wishing for DAC-level EQ control for my wired setups (desktop, laptop, etc.). I'd rather configure EQ once in the DAC than multiple times in various player applications (if even available).

Dec 10, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #3,427 of 6,675
I'm really enjoying this thing. It used to be my workout Bluetooth, but will recent updates, it now is getting more use to to the USB DAC functionality with Android. It's my "at work for 12hrs, in my pocket" USB DAC. I enjoy the ability to eq and add a little extra bass drive to certain IEMs. Wired vs wired, I think I prefer the AK sound from the DAC over the more detailed offerings of my DFR.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #3,428 of 6,675
+1 EQ is my favorite feature. Some may disagree (saying they think quality is degraded when using EQ), but that's not my experience. I'm seriously wishing for DAC-level EQ control for my wired setups (desktop, laptop, etc.). I'd rather configure EQ once in the DAC than multiple times in various player applications (if even available).

Yeah, I would love to see Radsone put out a Q5 sized and priced device with beefed up amp section, line-out, and improved DSP/EQ options.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #3,429 of 6,675
Yeah, I would love to see Radsone put out a Q5 sized and priced device with beefed up amp section, line-out, and improved DSP/EQ options.

Thats exactly what I want. Im using my ES 100 with my home audio system fed into a tube pre-amp and its fantastic. Im using my M0 as my transmitter using LDAC and its better than other combinations. The EQ even though its limited doesn't color the sound like other DSPs on the market that I have tested and returned. Using a flat mic I was able fix some room acoustics issues which brought up the sound quality three folds without any degradation compromises. I only wish it had more flexibility.
Its truly is a miracle product that is underrated and if it had either double the amount of EQ adjustment or a parametric I would pay what ever they asked.
I have experience with tuning DSPs going back to 2004 for car audio and the only DSP that I loved were those on the higher end Eclipse headunits which also didn't degrade SQ.
It could be good impedance matching or some other factor but im fully satisfied at any price.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #3,432 of 6,675
Thats exactly what I want. Im using my ES 100 with my home audio system fed into a tube pre-amp and its fantastic. Im using my M0 as my transmitter using LDAC and its better than other combinations. The EQ even though its limited doesn't color the sound like other DSPs on the market that I have tested and returned. Using a flat mic I was able fix some room acoustics issues which brought up the sound quality three folds without any degradation compromises. I only wish it had more flexibility.
Its truly is a miracle product that is underrated and if it had either double the amount of EQ adjustment or a parametric I would pay what ever they asked.
I have experience with tuning DSPs going back to 2004 for car audio and the only DSP that I loved were those on the higher end Eclipse headunits which also didn't degrade SQ.
It could be good impedance matching or some other factor but im fully satisfied at any price.
Yes! Agree with your experiments. I'm using my ES 100 as a pre-amp for my power-amp and tall boy speakers. Source device is Galaxy Note 8 set to LDAC transmission. I'm not sure why this combinations show better quality sound than conventional hi-fi pre-amps with ten times price tag, but it is true. Also, it seems that EQ and Sound Control (DAC filters, DCT, ...) differences are more dramatic at the full range speakers, quite useful for fine tuning.

Dec 11, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #3,434 of 6,675
Just got my Radsone today, pretty impressive device. Since i use the iPhone XS max, are there any recommended settings?

Btw, is there a way to have the device shut down while plugging the charger in? Kinda annoying that it auto starts (from being off) when i plug in the charger.

Dec 11, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #3,435 of 6,675
Just got my Radsone today, pretty impressive device. Since i use the iPhone XS max, are there any recommended settings?

Btw, is there a way to have the device shut down while plugging the charger in? Kinda annoying that it auto starts (from being off) when i plug in the charger.
Yes... Get the app and then press the battery meter which btw is not really reliable and accurate so hopefully a software update can help fix that... Once pressed scroll a bit down and you'll see 3 different options...I believe it's #2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back