Radius DDm vs Sennheiser IE8 (in terms of bass quantity)
Mar 23, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #3 of 25
Hi there,
Which Radius DDM are you referring to?  There are now two models of DDM available: W#1 and W#2.
follow the link for more info about the new model also known as HP-WF21 : http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545647/review-radius-hp-twf21-aka-w-n-2#post_7355911

As of bass quantities between IE8 and DDM #1. I believe it mainly depends on how well either one of them sit in your ears. IE8 with poor seal appear to have very little bass impact. There are also threads on the forum related to the matter of poor seal.
Same with Radius DDMs, if you can't get them to fit properly, bass impact will be affected.

DDMs are sold at MusicaAcoustics.com

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 25

Quote:
Hi there,
Which Radius DDM are you referring to?  There are now two models of DDM available: W#1 and W#2.
follow the link for more info about the new model also known as HP-WF21 : http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/545647/review-radius-hp-twf21-aka-w-n-2#post_7355911

As of bass quantities between IE8 and DDM #1. I believe it mainly depends on how well either one of them sit in your ears. IE8 with poor seal appear to have very little bass impact. There are also threads on the forum related to the matter of poor seal.
Same with Radius DDMs, if you can't get them to fit properly, bass impact will be affected.

DDMs are sold at MusicaAcoustics.com

Have you heard both? Which have more bass impact with a proper seal?

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 25
I have both as well, and I'd say that the IE8 has more quantity, but it's more of a tubby mid-bass, and not of as high a quality as the DDM (v1). This is of course assuming a good seal with both (which I have). The IE8 may give the initial impression of a tad more reach at first, but the DDM does it a bit cleaner, and with better bass resolution. I agree with yello131- the original DDM almost makes me want to sell off the IE8. But the Sennheisers do have the slight edge in ergonomics and isolation, which is the only reason they're still around. 

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 25

Quote:
I have both as well, and I'd say that the IE8 has more quantity, but it's more of a tubby mid-bass, and not of as high a quality as the DDM (v1). This is of course assuming a good seal with both (which I have). The IE8 may give the initial impression of a tad more reach at first, but the DDM does it a bit cleaner, and with better bass resolution. I agree with yello131- the original DDM almost makes me want to sell off the IE8. But the Sennheisers do have the slight edge in ergonomics and isolation, which is the only reason they're still around. 

ok,thanks.

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 25
I had both at the same time and I sold the DDM very quickly. I couldn't get along with the sound signature. I also found out that putting some tape on the adjustable bass dial of the IE8 actually flattens out the midbass hump. The IE8 is still one of my favorites.

Edit: for me, the IE8 had considerably more bass impact than the DDM

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 25

Quote:
I had both at the same time and I sold the DDM very quickly. I couldn't get along with the sound signature. I also found out that putting some tape on the adjustable bass dial of the IE8 actually flattens out the midbass hump. The IE8 is still one of my favorites.

Edit: for me, the IE8 had considerably more bass impact than the DDM

Oh, really? Most people say that that the DDM have more bass.

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 25

Quote:
Oh, really? Most people say that that the DDM have more bass.

When i tried it, ie8 has more bass. I found the ddm's bass quantity to be around md's bass.

Anyway if you already know "most poeple say that the ddm have more bass", why would you make another thread about it?

Mar 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #13 of 25

Quote:

When i tried it, ie8 has more bass. I found the ddm's bass quantity to be around md's bass.

Anyway if you already know "most poeple say that the ddm have more bass", why would you make another thread about it?

WHERE CAN I GET THE DDM!! AND I wanted to make sure. One persons opinion isnt enough to rely on when spending 350 bucks on iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back