Radioshack "Little Rat"
Jun 28, 2002 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TimSchirmer

Repelling digital infidels. (Would that be called the Digifadah?)
OKay...I need some advice from someone who has ordered one of these before. I went to my local ratshack last week, and special ordered one of these, and I still have the recipt and everything. They said it would arrive in 5-10 business days. Well...today it has been 11 business days, and no phono preamp! My inclination is to go to the radioshack where i bought it and ask about it. What should I say though? Should I just give it another week or so and then go to the radioshack? Note that the ratshack that i ordered it at is quite-a-ways away from me, so I do not want to go there for nothing.

Jun 28, 2002 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 10
Hey, whats with all the cats?

Pandas are where its at...
evil_smiley.gif

Biggie.

Jun 28, 2002 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
Um, ring them.

Say "Hello. I ordered something from you two weeks ago. Please advise of the status of my order

LOL!

Jun 28, 2002 at 5:27 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by qwerty870
A radioshack phono preamp? Oh dear thats gotta sound terrible.

Actually, no. It's a pretty good little battery-powered preamp, in the same league as the NAD phono preamp, and stands head and shoulders above the Sumiko Pro-Ject Phonobox. This is an easy recommendation for someone wanting a first phono amp. However, the model may be changing. I've seen reports on Audio Asylum that newer ones may have a plastic case...mine is all metal...so I don't know if anything else has changed.

Jun 28, 2002 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 10
Battery powered you say? Hmm perhaps I will look into one. In the past I have been shocked by the inherent crapiness of everything Radioshack and by the stupidity of their sales people (at least here in DC.) Remember the radioshack slogan: "You've got money; We've got pockets."

Jun 28, 2002 at 6:28 PM Post #9 of 10
I have one, it's a good little unit, quite solid.

Unfortunately the 20 year old Dual Turntable died. Actually I killed it. The RCA jacks were corroded and I cut them off, and put new ones on...No Sound. I've done something wrong.

I need a new turntable anyway.

Jun 29, 2002 at 5:51 AM Post #10 of 10
Update: They will ship mine out on august 8th. They are having a new company make them. (I hope it is the same model with the same electronics)

If it is not...I might rip a nasty hole in my wallet and get an OBH-8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back