Radiopaq Jazz Review
Jan 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #61 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by p2A810wner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After listening to both I found the Jazz to be better much more refined than the pop's, now a matter of burning in, any recommendations from owners how to get the best out of them?

Sony Hybrid tips
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #63 of 133
Nooooooooooo voucher expired yesterday!!! I was about to order some of these
frown.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #64 of 133
Just received my Radiopaq Jazz yesterday and I must say I'm quite impressed. First impressions: they are nearly on par with the Sennheiser CX95/550 but for less money. Not sure why anyone in the UK would go for those (or the Denon C700/751 for that matter) when these give you nearly the same sound quality. The money left over could be used to buy another Radiopaq.
tongue.gif

Thanks Mark (and |joker|) for the review(s). These are definitely deserving of more praise. Radiopaq really needs an official distribution channel here in the US so their products can get even more love.
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #66 of 133
Doubt that'd work, especially since they're out of stock.. I'll probably end up getting them off Amazon for 30; sounds like they'll be a good improvement on my Ep-830s.. (ipod 5g > fiio e5)

edit: sooo should I get some better buds if I do get these? Someone said Sony hybrid ones above, what's so special about them and do they fit on these? (I use the smallest set that came with my EP-830s)

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #67 of 133
No cable slider is a deal breaker for me. The best fit I can get from IEMs is looping around the ear and using the slider behind my neck

Jan 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #68 of 133
So I need to get my hands on the Shure foamies or Hybrids, best place to get them in the UK? Seen those eBay ones the copies they seem reasonable priced, other wise may need to import official ones from USA. The foamies AMP3 sell but bit pricey.

Sound from my touch is reasonable on both IEMs, but Sansa clip blows the touch for SQ making the buds sound far better.

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #69 of 133
Jan 2, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #70 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well you dont "need" to, tbh i cant say i find the hybrids much of an improvement over the stock tips and for me it was only the pops that i wanted the foamies to avoid the driver flex issue. for the orange foamies i found a place on ebay selling them in single pairs

eBay Seller: recyclebiz: Consumer Electronics, Musical Instruments items on eBay.co.uk

Ahh many thanks
normal_smile .gif
Those prices are far cheaper than buying multipacks, will have to try them out now never tried any foamies before.

Jan 2, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #71 of 133
Ordered the Jazz off amazon for £30, thought I'd do it before amazon does one of its random price hikes..

Those foam things look like they'll get really dirty and nasty really fast. The buds from my SHE9700 are probably the best fit I have so I'll see if they fit before buying anything else..

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #72 of 133
For anyone interested in foamies these $2 ones fit on the Jazz as well. They're a bit too large for my ears but seal quite well.

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #73 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrywild /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered the Jazz off amazon for £30, thought I'd do it before amazon does one of its random price hikes..

Those foam things look like they'll get really dirty and nasty really fast. The buds from my SHE9700 are probably the best fit I have so I'll see if they fit before buying anything else..

So have I, though being a cheap skate I picked free delivery for them!

Funny spent most of the last week trying to choose between sennheiser ie 7/8 or (also customs in one of my wth moments!)shures and then end up with these! For £30 what the hell.

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #74 of 133
Mine just arrived from Amazon... and hmm this is weird. I dunno if I got an updated (or an old?) version but here's the differences I can see visually:

The cable is like one of those woven fabric types.
Jazz isn't written on the top, instead there's an EQ pic thing.
The packaging wasn't like I'd seen online, I was expecting more of cube shaped package but this one is pretty flat (only about an inch thick).

Pics:

90797072.jpg

56013733.jpg

35431553.jpg

97382408.jpg

EDIT: Initial listening.. (X-Fi -> FiiO E5 since it's more detailed than the ipod) bass is good, it does go deep but I was expecting even more tbh. Instrument separation is extremely good, mids seem very clear but I'm not entirely convinced by the highs; it seems everything sort of mixes together at the higher end. Soundstage as said before isn't particularly big, but I don't expect much from IEMs tbh. Still, good for £30 and an improvement on my EP-830s for sure. Also, this fabric cable doesn't seem much better than a normal one, produces quite a lot of microphonics with nothing playing.

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #75 of 133
lawrywild - your phones look nothing like mine. You must have an updated version or something. I doubt it's old stock because they haven't been around that long. Not sure about the cloth cable, I've never got on with cloth
biggrin.gif

Would be interesting to see if any other new owners get the same ones as you. Is there a cable slider with it? I miss having a slider, the cable just kinks out everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back