1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radio Shack's "Project of the Month"

1. guzziguy
    For those of you that are looking for something to do, you might want to try Radio Shack's Project of the Month. In some email they positioned this to be a Father's Day "Gift". I guess that they figure that Dad is getting so old so he won't be able to hear the difference. [​IMG]

2. Jon118
    There are some records that I might want MP3 copies of as well that I don't already have on CD, but there is no way that I would replace my vinyl collection with MP3s. You certainly won't be able to "bask in vinyl glory" using MP3s, I've tried, there is just no replicating the sound of a record.

3. kramer5150
    Its that easy???

Don't you need a phono-preamp to do what they are suggesting?.... plugging a phono out into a laptop line-input?

4. DanT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Its that easy???

Don't you need a phono-preamp to do what they are suggesting?.... plugging a phono out into a laptop line-input?

Their turntable has an integrated phono/preamp

5. 65535
    You would need some pretty expensive equipment to reproduce the true sound, that being said who here can start a Vinyl-digital conversion store.

6. vo328
    Funny, just got this thing in the mail yesterday from Radio Shack. I've been thinking about converting my vinyl collection into the digital domain, but am in need of a new turntable and don't want to spend more than $300. Unfortunately, I know hardly anything about turntables and good conversion software.

7. bhd812 Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 65535 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    You would need some pretty expensive equipment to reproduce the true sound, that being said who here can start a Vinyl-digital conversion store.

I heard a cd Todd made for himself, maybe you can ask him to..
    ttvj is really a vinyl junkie