Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Jun 21, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #1,276 of 7,842
It doesn't say anything about the Abyss TC on their website.
Would you mind double checking with Stefan if the Abyss TC is indeed on display as well?

I know he has one - I listened to it myself on the ATM300. Not sure if he is offering it for the event, but I don't see why not.

Jun 21, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #1,277 of 7,842
I know he has one - I listened to it myself on the ATM300. Not sure if he is offering it for the event, but I don't see why not.
I have never spoken to these guys and I can see them being inundated with calls in regards to this upcoming event.
You seem to know them personally though, so is there a chance you can call or send them an email inquiring about the Abyss TC and if they would also offer a transistor amp (Spectral would be nice) for the Susvara and Abyss?

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #1,278 of 7,842
Well I really want to know if the AHB2 improves dramatically with burn in too or if a single is just not enough, because out of the box the M22 V2 is sounding substantially better to me (far more resolving with better dynamics), and I don’t think that should be the case. It has me quite perplexed. Both the Bryston and the NAD are quite a bit better than the new single AHB2. I don’t know if it just needs hours or if I need another.

Shamless plug, I have a 3 month old M22 V2 with upgraded Furutech Cryo Fuse For Sale ($2200 shipped)

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #1,280 of 7,842
Just got the Pass Labs X250.5 - damn the really scale up with some power behind them.
I was under the impression that the passive adapter box only allows up to 150w in to prevent too much current from flowing into the drivers. Is this accurate?

Jun 22, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #1,281 of 7,842
730DFAAB-B598-4884-8F2F-D32FA7E7B31A.jpeg Hi guys,
I'm pretty baffled, my Riviera Aic10 which is only 10 watts drives the Sr1a very well, the comparison with Ahb2 is all open, at this point we need to review some things ...

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,282 of 7,842
I love the presentation and the technical proficiency of theAKG K1000's and over the years (decades!) they have seen off many TOTL headphones and second comings including the Utopia's, Stax's, HD800's LCD's etc. Is there anybody who has done a side by side comparison even if not using the same amp? Any views or comments? PS my normal diet of music is quite eclectic but does not include hip hop or metal etc.

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #1,283 of 7,842
I was under the impression that the passive adapter box only allows up to 150w in to prevent too much current from flowing into the drivers. Is this accurate?
There is no current limiting in the interface box, so it doesn't do any protection.
You can use more than 150W if the recording isn't compressed too much. Short peaks in music won't damage the ribbons or the resistors in the box.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Jun 22, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #1,284 of 7,842
I love the presentation and the technical proficiency of theAKG K1000's and over the years (decades!) they have seen off many TOTL headphones and second comings including the Utopia's, Stax's, HD800's LCD's etc. Is there anybody who has done a side by side comparison even if not using the same amp? Any views or comments? PS my normal diet of music is quite eclectic but does not include hip hop or metal etc.

The Raal is a very revealing and neutral headphone if well interfaced, never annoying, it has more impact than a k1000 but it is not an Audeze, in the sense that it does not have a colorful sound like this.
If your heart is the k1000, you should seriously think about having one, the sr1a improves all the parameters of the k1000.

Jun 23, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #1,285 of 7,842
The Raal is a very revealing and neutral headphone if well interfaced, never annoying, it has more impact than a k1000 but it is not an Audeze, in the sense that it does not have a colorful sound like this.
If your heart is the k1000, you should seriously think about having one, the sr1a improves all the parameters of the k1000.
Seems that these SR1A are DAC/amp signature broadcasters but not surprising looking at their initial purpose.
Considering the K1000/SR1a convergence, so MySphere 3 will have more tone personality.

The Susvara is going to keep its wonderful harmonic richness.

Jun 23, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #1,286 of 7,842
Seems that these SR1A are DAC/amp signature broadcasters but not surprising looking at their initial purpose.
Considering the K1000/SR1a convergence, so MySphere 3 will have more tone personality.

The Susvara is going to keep its wonderful harmonic richness.

k1000 and sr1a have similarities only in form, everything starts and ends there.
Compared to Mysphere, the step forward is remarkable.
Susvara remains an excellent listening full of colour, but made through two pads, so with all the physical limits, sr1a goes beyond these limits and brings you much closer to a listening with the speakers, the three-dimensional physicality loses the references closed between the pads and goes further, but this was already done by mysphere and k1000, only that sr1a has a dynamic that no other headphone listening system can currently offer simply unattainable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back