1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by once, Oct 7, 2018.
First

Back
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last
  1. Zhanming057
    I know he has one - I listened to it myself on the ATM300. Not sure if he is offering it for the event, but I don't see why not.

2. Tekunda
    I have never spoken to these guys and I can see them being inundated with calls in regards to this upcoming event.
    You seem to know them personally though, so is there a chance you can call or send them an email inquiring about the Abyss TC and if they would also offer a transistor amp (Spectral would be nice) for the Susvara and Abyss?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  3. bluesaint
    Shamless plug, I have a 3 month old M22 V2 with upgraded Furutech Cryo Fuse For Sale ($2200 shipped)

4. Jozurr
    Just got the Pass Labs X250.5 - damn the really scale up with some power behind them.

Torq, Articnoise and llamaluv like this.
  5. GuyForkes
    I was under the impression that the passive adapter box only allows up to 150w in to prevent too much current from flowing into the drivers. Is this accurate?

BreadMaster likes this.
  6. biscottino
    730DFAAB-B598-4884-8F2F-D32FA7E7B31A.jpeg Hi guys,
    I'm pretty baffled, my Riviera Aic10 which is only 10 watts drives the Sr1a very well, the comparison with Ahb2 is all open, at this point we need to review some things ...

7. themystical
    I love the presentation and the technical proficiency of theAKG K1000's and over the years (decades!) they have seen off many TOTL headphones and second comings including the Utopia's, Stax's, HD800's LCD's etc. Is there anybody who has done a side by side comparison even if not using the same amp? Any views or comments? PS my normal diet of music is quite eclectic but does not include hip hop or metal etc.

BreadMaster likes this.
  8. Aleksandar R.
    There is no current limiting in the interface box, so it doesn't do any protection.
    You can use more than 150W if the recording isn't compressed too much. Short peaks in music won't damage the ribbons or the resistors in the box.

Zhanming057 and GuyForkes like this.
  9. biscottino
    The Raal is a very revealing and neutral headphone if well interfaced, never annoying, it has more impact than a k1000 but it is not an Audeze, in the sense that it does not have a colorful sound like this.
    If your heart is the k1000, you should seriously think about having one, the sr1a improves all the parameters of the k1000.

10. cladane
    Seems that these SR1A are DAC/amp signature broadcasters but not surprising looking at their initial purpose.
    Considering the K1000/SR1a convergence, so MySphere 3 will have more tone personality.

The Susvara is going to keep its wonderful harmonic richness.

11. biscottino
    k1000 and sr1a have similarities only in form, everything starts and ends there.
    Compared to Mysphere, the step forward is remarkable.
    Susvara remains an excellent listening full of colour, but made through two pads, so with all the physical limits, sr1a goes beyond these limits and brings you much closer to a listening with the speakers, the three-dimensional physicality loses the references closed between the pads and goes further, but this was already done by mysphere and k1000, only that sr1a has a dynamic that no other headphone listening system can currently offer simply unattainable.

Zhanming057 likes this.
  12. Tekunda
    But with the upcoming Heddphone, which is also a ribbon based technology, there might be one on its way.

13. biscottino
    same technology but with pads that limit three-dimensional perception,

14. dieslemat
    Any link?

15. Tugbars
    dieslemat likes this.
First

Back
76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last