1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by once, Oct 7, 2018.
First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Next

Last
  1. bluesaint
    @Zhanming057 is something like either parasound jc5 vs a21+ be overkill in terms of WPC for driving the SR1A?

HoloSpice likes this.
  2. protoss
    Funny thing is I was thinking

NewClassic 2125 v.2
    +
    NewClassic 200 Pre

Thats all anyone really needs.

3. protoss
    NewClassic 2125 v.2
    225 watts x 2 into 4 Ω

Why ask for more power?

4. Zhanming057
    Definitely not overkill. They scale extremely well with amps and really love high power amplifiers. Even if only the first 150w is ever needed, the amp still needs to be able to scale up and down in output very rapidly, and handle the entire load range without noise or distortion.

Not having heard the Parasound, it does look like it's going to be a pretty good pairing.

HoloSpice likes this.
  5. bluesaint
    Thanks! most likely will get the new A21+

Zhanming057 likes this.
  6. HoloSpice
    @kylev please leave your impressions over here thank you. :D

7. protoss
    We all want to hear your impression @HoloSpice !!
    Only you!

Articnoise, llamaluv and HoloSpice like this.
  8. Thenewguy007
    Any good tube power amps that output 150wpc class A/B & aren't insanely expensive to try with the headphones?

HoloSpice likes this.
  9. gordec
    Where in CA is it shipped from? Anyway to demo it?

HoloSpice likes this.
  10. HoloSpice
    P.Car likes this.
  11. Aleksandar R.
    Zhanming057 likes this.
  12. HoloSpice
    1. @PeteSTRADAMUS i know you want it~:kissing_smiling_eyes::kiss_mm:

[​IMG]
    kylev

New Head-Fier

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1. PROTOSS
      Can you all stop by RAAL booth and TRY OUT THE SR1A !!! please :)

It looks like this. I need more impressions !!!!

As requested by Protoss

Hi protoss, there was long queue earlier but I managed to try it out - and it was really amazing pair of headphones!

When it was switched on, I asked if the music was already played as I didn't really hear anything from the headphone, instead I heard a music COMING FROM THE ROOM - not from the headphone.
      I asked him few times, are you sure?? He said yes it is on!

Then I listened to it more closely, and then took it off - no sound, when I put it on then I heard the music plays again - but it didn't feel come from a headphone at all!!
      It feels like someone plays a music using speaker.
    Damn, I said, this thing is the real deal! The voice is so natural like someone is talking to you directly, the soundstage is really good, I don't know how to say it!
    Instrument separation is really great! And tonally everything just sounds correct!

I tried quite number of headphones in the past such as Susvara, HD800, various Audeze headphones and owned Stax 009 and 007, but truthfully this is the first pair of headphones that blows me away!
    You can't be wrong if you buy this - pair it with good speaker amps, you will feel almost reaching the Nirvana of audio lol :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kylev and P.Car like this.
  13. Aleksandar R.

14. Tekunda
    I am from Germany, so if I order a pair from the US, I will be hit with almost 25% in VAT and custom fees. So for Europeans, is there a way to pick those phones up in Serbia? Since Serbia is not in the EU,, shipping from Serbia probably is not really an option either, as custom duties might be similar to having them shipped from the US.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    HoloSpice likes this.
  15. jwbrent
    I hope the SR1a will be at the Southern CA CanJam. I have to hear these. :L3000:

HoloSpice likes this.
First

Back
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Next

Last