1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by once, Oct 7, 2018.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. protoss
    @Jerseyboy

And what type of music dose the Srh1a excel at? Classical? Hip-hop? Classic Rock? Or it can sound great in every genre?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    HoloSpice likes this.
  2. Jerseyboy
    I have used it mainly with Electronic, Avant-garde jazz, Ambient, World, Classic Rock and some Classical and I would say the only limiting factor so far has been the quality of the source. Well mastered lossless albums and tracks will always shine although as it is an extremely accurate and lifelike headphone it may not suit those who prefer a warmer, euphonic, or bass heavy presentation.

3. GuyForkes
    Thanks for the advice guys! I'll explore more class D options then. Unfortunately the mytek is the only one of that size (that I know of) that puts out the kind of power required.

Zhanming057 likes this.
  4. protoss
    @Jerseyboy

If you compare the Srh1a to other bright headphones such as HD800, Uptoia and 009. What comes close to the Srh1a? Or how much of a gain will there be from a HD800 to Srh1a? From soundstage to detail, etch... or let me say. If you own an HD800 how much better in % is it? 5% or 10% or this all depends on gear etch. If someone has a TOTL gear for the HD800 is there even a point of owning the Srh1a?

Thanks

HoloSpice likes this.
  5. Zhanming057
    Not class D, but you might want to consider the Hegel H190 if the size works out - I liked that combination and it comes with its own DAC as well. Another option is the PS audio stellar which is full rack but a fairly slim design.

HoloSpice likes this.
  6. Jerseyboy
    I wouldn’t describe the SR-1A as “bright” in the same way as with traditional headphones. Indeed, the headphones you refer to as bright are all part of my collection, but I do not perceive them as such on my system. As you will appreciate, any headphone set-up is only as good as it’s weakest link. A high-end system, i.e. source, DAC, amplifier, etc can get the best out of a headphone but it cannot make an ordinary headphone great. In my opinion the SR-1A is in a different league to those you mention and indeed all other headphones I have tried. I could try and break this down into the various characteristics, but my comments could only ever be subjective. Indeed, the differences are so extensive as to render comparisons meaningless in any event. I suggest you try to audition the SR-1A and you will see precisely what I mean.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. protoss
    Please break it down. It is nice to get full views of different opinions on this headphone.

Take your time. But I like a full break down if you can please. :)

HoloSpice likes this.
  8. HoloSpice
    Nuff said. "King of headphones"

Go buy it now @protoss

Bill13 and Aleksandar R. like this.
  9. WilliamWykeham
    If anyone in NYC winds up getting a Nord mk2 I would be very curious to check it out - also interested in Bryston. I have an mscaler I could bring

10. Bill13
    Simply stated, no headphone I've ever heard sounds as real.

11. HoloSpice
    You need to be careful of what you say around here... otherwise the Stax mafia will gcome after you..

12. joseph69
    Yeah, @HoloSpice told me the same thing, and I'm still here.
    :gs1000smile:

HoloSpice likes this.
  13. Jerseyboy

.....but I'm a fully paid up Member !!!!! :)

Zhanming057 and HoloSpice like this.
  14. Tekunda
    Yes, your reply will help me to make an educated decision on my path to find my personal endgame headphone.
    Yes indeed, your reply will help me to make an educated decision on my path to find my personal endgame headphones.

15. Tekunda
    Does anybody have experience with Chord's Mscaler and the Raal?
    Quite a few people are intrigued by the Mscaler (plus HugoTT2).

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last