1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by once, Oct 7, 2018.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last
  1. Zhanming057
    Now I want my "first audiophile owner" special version of the SR1A's with a Requisite-red foam grill and red painted headband frame :)

Aleksandar R. and HoloSpice like this.
  2. protoss
    I am wondering if the owners can do mods to this already modular headphone?

I was thinking making and installing leather cushions on the side. Soft comfortable leather pads
    [​IMG]

Maybe even
    Dekoni Audio Nuggets on the part where it rest on your temple.
    [​IMG]

HoloSpice likes this.
  3. protoss
    Sadly it still took soo long and hard to get proper pictures of these things lol. Thanks for other in trying. But.....

Now here is finally the picture i wanted for a while lol.

From this side. I knew it. I can somewhat install a custom Stax lambdas earpads on this. Also wondering if it is the same sides as the L700. Rectangle shape?

Dekoni nuggets maybe it al its needs. or a custom lambdas pad

[​IMG]

HoloSpice likes this.
  4. RMiller
    @RAAL requisite Alex

Quick question, is it possible to hear/demo the SR1a anywhere in Serbia (if yes, where/how)? Thanks and keep up the good work!

HoloSpice likes this.
  5. Aleksandar R.
    @RMiller
    Sure, my place in Zajecar, any day. There will be one set in Belgrade in about a week.
    Please PM me if you would like to work out the details.

HoloSpice, RMiller and Zhanming057 like this.
  6. jigster
    Will the SR1a be making an appearance at the Singapore CanJam later this month?

HoloSpice likes this.
  7. Zhanming057
    Yes - that and CJ Socal.

HoloSpice likes this.
  8. bagwell359
    Assuming those are the correct ratings, what's that 4.7 db? I don't listen loud, I bet 50 wpc would work for me. There are people running the HE-6 on 250 wpc and find that to be lacking. Only way to know is test it.

9. Zhanming057
    It's not about loudness but the quantity of bass and the ability of the amp to quickly ramp up power - 50 wpc will probably be loud enough, but you'll run out of excursion and the amp will probably be quite lacking in dynamics. Tubes are a bit better but 50 watts is just not a lot of power when these headphones are concerned.

As I mentioned in my review, the 100w requirement is not a guideline like the 8wpc of the K1000. It's basically saying that if you can't hit this level, your experience with these headphones will be subpar.

Aleksandar R. and HoloSpice like this.
  10. bagwell359
    Glad I gave you the chance to set that straight.

Owned my first ribbon tweeter (Panasonic) in 1981, quite a few since. Hope this technology takes off in headphones because it's proven in speakers.

11. Zhanming057
    If you have the Rag - the Rag is actually okay for those, just barely powerful enough but it'll work.

I am in Boston, so if you're willing to drive to downtown, I'd be happy to let you try out my pair. You could probably bring over the Rag too.

HoloSpice likes this.
  12. protoss
    @bagwell359

Yes, please bring over the Ragnarok to his house if you decided to go! This will be great for people that will being buying the Ragnarok 2 as a 1 system do it all machine.

HoloSpice likes this.
  13. Zhanming057
    @protoss

FYI I tested the Rag 1 with the SR1A's at Canjam NYC - for me it was okay, enough power but not the most inspiring combo. Then again, I'm not sure if you can do much better with a speaker amp that's as cheap as a used Rag 1.

The Rag was at least better than the NAD C368, and maybe also a bit more resolving than the Hegel Rost - hard to tell under showroom conditions, though.

HoloSpice likes this.
  14. bagwell359
    Very interesting, I'll move over to PM...

HoloSpice likes this.
  15. protoss
    @Zhanming057

That sounds like good news to me! Better than the Rost and Nad! If Rag 2 improves a bit on the internals and is more efficient. Than this is a win win for everyone.

The biggest downside about the Sr1a was the speaker amps pairings! If a Ragnarok 2 intergrated headphone amplifer could power the Sr1a, than this is a win for the Sr1a!!

A huge win! I am keeping my fingers cross!

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Next

Last